Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
Jul 3, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #2,806 of 3,060
Jul 7, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #2,808 of 3,060
Has anyone tried making an MMCX adapter for the IM connectors? That way you will have more universal options for cables and you don't have to worry as much about about the pins in the connector snapping.

Jul 7, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #2,809 of 3,060
Has anyone tried making an MMCX adapter for the IM connectors? That way you will have more universal options for cables and you don't have to worry as much about about the pins in the connector snapping.
Being an owner of the im02, I can definitely tell you that there is no worry of,any pins breaking as the im connector is the inverse of the conventional two pin design and is extremely durable.By the way there are some shops that sell third party I'm cables like lunashops and effect audio.In my most unbiased opinion, the im series cable connector is more durable than mmcx which dulls after time

Jul 7, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #2,810 of 3,060
Being an owner of the im02, I can definitely tell you that there is no worry of,any pins breaking as the im connector is the inverse of the conventional two pin design and is extremely durable.By the way there are some shops that sell third party I'm cables like lunashops and effect audio.In my most unbiased opinion, the im series cable connector is more durable than mmcx which dulls after time

I myself haven't had any problems with the IM70 connector but a lot of users have reported the pins breaking.

Yes there are several third party cables but the options would be far greater for MMCX. They may wear out more but some people prefer a more universal standard instead if a manufacturer's proprietary design. I think an adapter isn't had toake but nobody seems to have tried it yet.

Jul 8, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #2,811 of 3,060

In regards to the IEM cables from Effect Audio, which one would best suit the IM50? I am looking for a cable from Effect Audio that may help extend its bass and sub bass.

Jul 12, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #2,814 of 3,060
How much money do I have to drop to find a upgrade to my im03?

Jul 12, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #2,815 of 3,060
How much money do I have to drop to find a upgrade to my im03?

The EarSonics Velvet ought to be a decent upgrade.

Unique Melody Martian.

JH Audio Rosie.

If you want to go BIG upgrade, my main earphone now is a CIEM version of the Rhapsodio Solar BA10. It has much of the same signature as the IM03, only on a whole other level.

Jul 13, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #2,816 of 3,060
Jul 13, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #2,817 of 3,060
The EarSonics Velvet ought to be a decent upgrade.

Unique Melody Martian.

JH Audio Rosie.

If you want to go BIG upgrade, my main earphone now is a CIEM version of the Rhapsodio Solar BA10. It has much of the same signature as the IM03, only on a whole other level.

Wow so I have to spend about 1k+ to find a upgrade to the im03?

Jul 13, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #2,819 of 3,060
Wow so I have to spend about 1k+ to find a upgrade to the im03?

What are you talking about? I gave you two options there well short of a $1k.

If you were hoping to spend $50-100 over the IM03 and expect a noticeable upgrade, you will likely be disappointed. You can try the FLC8s. Head-fi is going a bit crazy for it right now. But I doubt it'll be any great improvement over such a fantastic IEM, like the iM03.

I say the same thing when people want an upgrade to the Sennheiser HD600, and only want to spend $500. If you're truly looking for better than the HD600, expect to drop around a grand... unless you buy used. I got the LCD-2.2f for $650 because I bought it used. That's a proper upgrade to the HD600. :)

If you already have a fantastic headphone, and can only spend a little bit more, all you can really expect is different, not better.

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #2,820 of 3,060
What are you talking about? I gave you two options there well short of a $1k.

If you were hoping to spend $50-100 over the IM03 and expect a noticeable upgrade, you will likely be disappointed. You can try the FLC8s. Head-fi is going a bit crazy for it right now. But I doubt it'll be any great improvement over such a fantastic IEM, like the iM03.

I say the same thing when people want an upgrade to the Sennheiser HD600, and only want to spend $500. If you're truly looking for better than the HD600, expect to drop around a grand... unless you buy used. I got the LCD-2.2f for $650 because I bought it used. That's a proper upgrade to the HD600. :)

If you already have a fantastic headphone, and can only spend a little bit more, all you can really expect is different, not better.

Well anything I see that's $700-900 I automatically assume it's 1k lol. I better go find myself a job so I can afford those 1k headphones lol. Do you have any news on the fidue Sirus if there good or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back