Review of Audio-GD DAC-19MK3
Sep 29, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #151 of 695
Quote:

Originally Posted by Townyj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So i was just on the Audio-gd website and it seems like they might have run out of the PMD100 Mode A boards. Right now the are only selling the DAC19MK3 with the DF1704, im damn glad that i picked up the PMD100
smily_headphones1.gif

x2. Now we have a commodity in our possession
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #153 of 695
Quote:

Originally Posted by Townyj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So i was just on the Audio-gd website and it seems like they might have run out of the PMD100 Mode A boards. Right now the are only selling the DAC19MK3 with the DF1704, im damn glad that i picked up the PMD100
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by somestranger26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2. Now we have a commodity in our possession
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe I will auction my unused PMD100 unit on ebay
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #154 of 695
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm that is interesting, this is the first i've heard of a bad responce with these drivers. Though when I use them, normally in foobar there are 2 options, one that says "USB Audio Device-Speakers" and one that says "USB Audio Device-Digital"

If I use the one that says "Speakers" it go's thru the driver mixer panel, if I use the one that says "Digital" it does not go thru the driver mixer panel, and nothing in that control panel has any effect on sound quality. This is using Windows 7 With Wasapi.

I can only use 44/48 khz thru wasapi and digital output, to get 96khz I must use asio4all, at which point the music does go thru the driver mixer, and software resampling is possible, I never did comparisons at 96khz because it's not somthing I listen to.

Thanks for your "review" I will try the base windows drivers again somtime and compare.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim3320070 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe we can move this disussion of the Terra-x to the computer audio forum? Mods? I am interested in this unit among others.

I started a new thread here for discussing the Teralink-X.

Sep 29, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #155 of 695
I asked Kingwa about the mode A (PMD100) availability, he told me that he is still selling the Mode A.

Oct 5, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #156 of 695
Hey guys I've got a quick question. I just sold my Zero with the HDAM and all for a California Audio Labs Alpha with the 24 bit 96hz factory upgrade. Its a dual tube stage output and sounds amazing. So much air and sound stage with a certain liquidity that I had not felt before. My system is that dac a Darkvoice 337, and a ten watt pentode amp coupled with three 1950's western electric hand spun silver transformers. So yeah i'm all tube. Anybody have any experience pairing the 19mk3 with an tube system? Would it be worth selling my Cal Dac for? Thanks for the input

colin

Oct 6, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #157 of 695
The california audio labs alpha dac seems to have gotten very good reviews and had a MSRP of $1500 so it's probably not worth trading in your alpha dac for a dac19mk3. Maybe the higher end audio-gd dac's is what you might be interested in.

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #158 of 695
Quote:

Originally Posted by colinharding /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys I've got a quick question. I just sold my Zero with the HDAM and all for a California Audio Labs Alpha with the 24 bit 96hz factory upgrade. Its a dual tube stage output and sounds amazing. So much air and sound stage with a certain liquidity that I had not felt before. My system is that dac a Darkvoice 337, and a ten watt pentode amp coupled with three 1950's western electric hand spun silver transformers. So yeah i'm all tube. Anybody have any experience pairing the 19mk3 with an tube system? Would it be worth selling my Cal Dac for? Thanks for the input

colin

I've a few words to describe the combination (albeit I haven't gotten my Pro 900 back yet...) with the Westone 3 and TU-882: Detailed, fast, dynamic, and encompassing (large soundstage). I doubt your DAC would be worth selling to get the 19MK3 though.. it would probably be more of a side grade if you want less tubiness and more solid state action.

Oct 6, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #160 of 695
Hey everyone,

I’m a newbie looking to trade cheat codes for TOP iPhone games. I just want to ease our game life by extensive cheat code website. Hope anyone here will enjoy it!
Now I have some of them but need your help to have more and more!
Here are some of them: The Sims 3, Bar Rush, Pocket God

The Sims 3:
Easy money
* Go to Walter's house and become friends. He will then try to challenge you to see who has the largest trout from the lake. If you do this, Walter will hand over 200 Simoleons.
* Kia will also give you 200 Simoleons if you give her a catfish.
* Earn money by selling fish. Go to the Market and select "Shop" in the menu. You can then use the plus and minus signs to sell your stock of fish. Vegetables can also be sold for Simoleons.

Bar Rush:
Mix: Lite Beer, Dark Beer, Energy Drink, Red Wine in any glass in any order and unlock GOD MODE.
And even better…
Mix Lite Beer, Coconut Juice, Cranberry Juice and Peach Nectar in any glass in any order and unlock the BLONDE BOMBSHELL mode. This turns all of the customers into hot, naked blondes. Sweet!

Pocket God:
Lightning without the clouds
When playing, change the clouds from clear/slight overcast to the thunderclouds. Hold one finger on the thundercloud and hold it there. After that, change the clouds back to clear skies while keeping your finger where it was. When you have changed the clouds back to clear skies, drag your finger to one of the islanders like you would if the thundercloud was there, and it will make lightning without the clouds.

Oct 10, 2009 at 7:56 AM Post #162 of 695
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys, any thoughts on the dac19mk3 vs ps audio digital link iii?

looking for a full size balanced dac as an upgrade from my pico

I have a dac19mk3 on order. But I have owned a PS DLIII and several other DAC's. The DL III was the worst sounding DAC I have ever owned, typical sharp and brittle sigma-delta sound.

Oct 10, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #163 of 695
Does this 193MK3 use feedback in its output stage? In other words, is it a zero feedback analog stage like a Pass D1 or does it have discrete op-amps (using feedback) ?

Oct 10, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #164 of 695
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does this 193MK3 use feedback in its output stage? In other words, is it a zero feedback analog stage like a Pass D1 or does it have discrete op-amps (using feedback) ?

The Dac-19mk3 uses ACSS module which means that the processing after the dac is done in the current mode (and not in the voltage mode). So if there is any feedback, it would be done in the current mode which is less harmful to the sound. I copied below a passage from the description in Audio-gd web site here.

The super scale ACSS module is newly developed with more advanced technologies dedicated to the DAC-19MK3 to produce even better sound quality. High precision electronic components are used to guarantee accurate balanced output and all electronic components in the circuit board are comprised of highly calibrated products. All audio signals will go through the ACSS processing technique to ensure that the original characteristics and nuances of the PCM1704UK are not diluted at whichever output is chosen. The DAC-19MK3 does not have OPA-IC in the signal path and only discrete components are used.

About ACSS:
ACSS (Audio-gd Current Signal System) is Audio-gd's system for transmitting audio signals in the current domain. This concept, first seen in 1966, we have used for many years, and since 2006, have evolved the technology to include all audio signals in our systems from the digital source to the power amplifier. Since 2007, ACSS components have become Audio-gd's most popular products, with a great many customers purchasing them in China and Hong Kong.

Oct 10, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #165 of 695
Quote:

Originally Posted by slim.a /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Dac-19mk3 uses ACSS module which means that the processing after the dac is done in the current mode (and not in the voltage mode). So if there is any feedback, it would be done in the current mode which is less harmful to the sound. I copied below a passage from the description in Audio-gd web site here.

From the photos on the web page it looks like it uses a BPM-7110 to convert the current out from the PCM 1704 into a Voltage output.

I can't wait to hear this thing and compare it to my two other PMD100 DAC's (one is a PCM63K + NP D1 and the other an AD1862.) I am a PMD100 freak, I honestly think the PMD100 is the golden child of the digital era. I've played with a lot of digital filters over the years, the PMD100 is my favorite, possibly because most of my music is HDCD encoded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back