Review of Audio-GD DAC-19MK3
Jan 26, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #691 of 695
Sorry to bump an old as dirt thread, but I just had a general question on this DAC.

How does it compare to the newer DACs that have come out in the last couple of years? I completely forgot that my dad has one that barely gets used so I'm wondering of it would be worth while to borrow and use it with my HE-400's.

Jan 31, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #694 of 695
The DAC-19Mk3 is still one of the best DAC you can have. I actually have a DAC19DSP which I managed to convert to accept the DF1704 and PMD100 digital filters as well as the DSP-1. 

For what it's worth, I find that the earlier filters to my ears sound better. The music flows better and more natural. It's still a great DAC.

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #695 of 695
Read on. Plenty of impressions from current thread and the link below. HE400 is comparable to HD650.
It is also the same thread starter as this, DSP version was the later version for the mk3. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/483899/review-of-the-audio-gd-dac-19-dsp-c2-amp-the-acss-connection

Thanks for the link! Looks like my DAC holds up quite well to others in and above the price range. I compared the mk3 to my schiit modi and there was obviously no competition there. I was completely blown away when I hooked up the mk3 with my he-400's. Unbelievable difference in sound.

The DAC-19Mk3 is still one of the best DAC you can have. I actually have a DAC19DSP which I managed to convert to accept the DF1704 and PMD100 digital filters as well as the DSP-1. 

For what it's worth, I find that the earlier filters to my ears sound better. The music flows better and more natural. It's still a great DAC.

This is extremely good to hear. I was tempted to upgrade but I still can't get over how smooth and netural everything sounds with the mk3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back