REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Jul 16, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #841 of 854

Quote:
Argh, the thing that tips go on has come off its housing (pops off) on the right phone...just bought these few months ago...

The same thing happened to my set of Ne-7M's, but to the left one when removing its foam tip. I have them since august 2009. They still work and I can push it back in its housing, but it won't stick properly to it anymore, maybe a very small amount of glue could work?

Edit: Well, tried a very small amount of some super glue that we had laying around and it looks like its fixed so far.

Jul 17, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #842 of 854

Quote:
Have you contacted NuForce about this? Their customer service has been awesome.

The same thing happened to mine, as well as temporary loss of sound on one side.  And I have to agree that their customer service is one of the best I've ever experienced.  I went to one of their service depots and they replaced mine with a brand new one right on the spot.

Good luck with your set.

Aug 13, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #843 of 854
Does anyone have experience using the NE-7M on an Android phone?

I emailed Nuforce & Jason was quick with a reply that it worked on his Nexus One, but I would like any additional input possible.  Specifically, does the button work with anything other than the default music player (such as Pandora)? 

Otherwise, does anyone know of a (good) compatible IEM with music controls that works well with Android for <$100?

Don't worry, I don't have any questions on tips as I actually read through all 57 pages & am now quite versed on Shure vs. Comply vs. stock tips.

Cheers

Aug 13, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #844 of 854

Quote:
Does anyone have experience using the NE-7M on an Android phone?

I emailed Nuforce & Jason was quick with a reply that it worked on his Nexus One, but I would like any additional input possible.  Specifically, does the button work with anything other than the default music player (such as Pandora)? 

Otherwise, does anyone know of a (good) compatible IEM with music controls that works well with Android for <$100?

Don't worry, I don't have any questions on tips as I actually read through all 57 pages & am now quite versed on Shure vs. Comply vs. stock tips.

Cheers

I use the NE-7M's with my Google Nexus One. Although I don't/are not able too use Pandora I am able to use it with the Cubed music player on my phone. Its works ok, sometimes the stock music player starts to play music on a button press even when the other player is playing music already. So it's not perfect, but it does work most of the time for me, I don't use it often so I might not have figured out everything yet.

Ok a side note the Cubed music player does have an option to turn it on or off, that it reacts on a button press from an headset in general.

Sep 16, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #846 of 854

Back in Feb 2010, something in Macworld (mag or online, I forget) led me to look into the NuForce uDAC USB amp. That shortly led me to this review.

The NE-7Ms seemed to be just what I was looking for to replace my FutureSonics EM3s (left side casing split open) while adding an inline mic for my iPhone. So I ordered a pair.

I like the sound these put out. They're no EM3s (they don't have the clean bass) and they're no ER-4Ps, but they certainly beat the Sennheiser CX300’s I’ve been getting by with since my EM3s broke down.

I consider the NE-7Ms a great value for the price ($50). I'm using them with Comply T400 foam tips.

The mic on my first set didn't work well and Future Sonics cross-shipped a replacement pair. Smooth swap, great service.

Thanks for a very helpful review, HeadphoneAddict.

P.S. Turns out I don't like taking phone calls on 'phones that remove external noise. It's just awkward, at least in public places (I don't know my voice level and I have no idea what ambient sound is going into my mic). But my next pair of 'phones will probably be Atrio or DBA-02, not the NuForce model with no mic (NE-6) as I want to step up another notch in SQ this time, back into the range I was in with my EM3s. Something like my ER-4Ps but more "fun".

Feb 2, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #847 of 854
Hi. Sorry for the bump but im considering upgrading my shure se210 to the Nuforce Ne 7m. Is this a good choice? Is there any other iem that can beat it under 100$?

Feb 2, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #848 of 854

Quote:
Hi. Sorry for the bump but im considering upgrading my shure se210 to the Nuforce Ne 7m. Is this a good choice? Is there any other iem that can beat it under 100$?

I'd say LOTS, including NuForce's new NE700X/M. Read joker's huge compendium of reviews. The comparison chart in Post #8 will save some reading time.

I far prefer my Sunrise Xcapes to the NE-7M.

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #849 of 854
Hi everybody, I 'm thinking of buying the NE-7M to use them with poweramp on my htc desire. Can I control music (skip track, previous track, etc) with them or I'll have incompatibility issues.
thxxx

Apr 6, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #850 of 854

Quote:
Hi everybody, I 'm thinking of buying the NE-7M to use them with poweramp on my htc desire. Can I control music (skip track, previous track, etc) with them or I'll have incompatibility issues.
thxxx

I don't recall for 100% sure, but I seem to recall that I could pause and skip music with mine with my iPhone.  My nephew has them right now and so I can't test this.

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #851 of 854
May 16, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #852 of 854
Although Comply tips are great i would like to try the E2c tips.
Since it has passed a long time and all links pointing Shure E2c tips are dead, does anyone know where can i buy authentic e2c tips (preferably from amazon or ebay) from a store which ships to Europe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back