REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Feb 28, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #826 of 854
Got my ne-7m's a few hours ago. I didn't order the additional tips that were recommended. I may get those in the future.

Once I found the right tips for my ears I have to say these are some pretty stellar iem's. Very crisp and clear. Good bass response but not overpowering. They make me very glad that I rip everything lossless. I can't say that I have much experience with headphones in general but I have owned a number over the years and I can't say I've enjoyed any as much as these. Even my wife thinks they sound great and she doesn't think that Vinyl sounds any different than CD and she claims to see no difference between DVD and Blu-ray. Maybe she's just in a good mood today.
biggrin.gif

Thank you for steering me toward these, Headphoneaddict.

(in case you are interested I tested these with Isis: Celestial, Nine Inch Nails: The Downward Spiral and Radiohead: In Rainbows.)

Mar 5, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #827 of 854
Just got another pair of these after losing my first last week.
Was pleasantly surprised the moment i opened them, wonder if anyone mentioned that the regular tips now look like the Shure E2c tips (not sure if they are as i've never used the Shures)
And best of all, they included biflanges!! These have always been able to give me the best seal.
Extremely happy with this, not too sad about losing my first pair anymore...hehe

On a side note, they do seem to be bassier out of the box than the first pair i remember. Wonder if it's just because of the tips or if they changed something else

Mar 5, 2010 at 5:50 AM Post #828 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiljim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got another pair of these after losing my first last week.
Was pleasantly surprised the moment i opened them, wonder if anyone mentioned that the regular tips now look like the Shure E2c tips (not sure if they are as i've never used the Shures)
And best of all, they included biflanges!! These have always been able to give me the best seal.
Extremely happy with this, not too sad about losing my first pair anymore...hehe

On a side note, they do seem to be bassier out of the box than the first pair i remember. Wonder if it's just because of the tips or if they changed something else

I know the E2c tips improve the bass.

Mar 22, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #829 of 854
Thanks Headphone Addict for this great thread. I've been lurking and reading for quite some time now. I have a pair of dead Q-Jays that I'm trying to find a replacement for. The price is right on the NE-&M but I'm torn between stepping up to something like a Westone 2 or CK10 IEM.

I'm worried about wrecking another pair of IEMs!! Also looking for something low profile that I can listen to while sleeping. I liked the sound of the q-Jays but, after reading your thread thought I could get alot of bang for the buck out of the nuforce iems. Would the step up to the Audiotechnicas or Westones be that great??

Any advice you might give would be appreciated. Will be using them with a nuforce icon mobile from an iphone or macbook. Thanks again!
darthsmile.gif

Mar 22, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #830 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justplainmike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Headphone Addict for this great thread. I've been lurking and reading for quite some time now. I have a pair of dead Q-Jays that I'm trying to find a replacement for. The price is right on the NE-&M but I'm torn between stepping up to something like a Westone 2 or CK10 IEM.

I'm worried about wrecking another pair of IEMs!! Also looking for something low profile that I can listen to while sleeping. I liked the sound of the q-Jays but, after reading your thread thought I could get alot of bang for the buck out of the nuforce iems. Would the step up to the Audiotechnicas or Westones be that great??

Any advice you might give would be appreciated. Will be using them with a nuforce icon mobile from an iphone or macbook. Thanks again!
darthsmile.gif

I think the NE-7M are a better match for the Icon Mobile, while the W2 with that amp may sound a little too forward and bright. Normally I would say that if you can afford the Westone 2 then I would get them for the extra detail and soundstage, but I don't see another earphone under $100-120 that I would prefer over the NE-7M.

Mar 22, 2010 at 5:54 AM Post #831 of 854
Thanks for the fast reply!! Going to go for the NE-7Ms and will post my impressions here when I get them. Will also be getting some tips based on this thread as well. Great to have such a great resource here with HeadFi!

Mar 31, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #833 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just curious, but do these stick very far out of your ears? I like to lay down with my buds in my ears sometimes, is that possible with these?

NE-7Ms probably wouldn't be very comfortable when lying on your side. The cable exit on the outside of the housing would push it into your ear.

Different tips (and ears!) affect how deep they are inserted, but these would still probably be less comfortable lying down than something designed for over-ear cable routing, like the the MEElec M6.

I have the MEElec M9P (same driver as the M6) and I'm impressed with the similarities to the NE-7M - slightly different bass quality, a little more clarity, but a bit less lush and musical.

Apr 1, 2010 at 5:20 AM Post #834 of 854
I just got my NE-7M's in the mail. Burning them in now and trying out a pair of cut down Shure tri-flange tips and the bi-flanges that came with them. Will try out some comply's soon as well. So far they're working great. Quite comfortable in the ear. I can definately feel them more than my q-jays but it's not unpleasant...just snug...will try laying on my side tonight or tomorrow and will report on their comfort then. Thanks again to everyone on this thread who has contributed. Will post impressions soon!

Mike

Jun 28, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #835 of 854

Quote:
I just got my NE-7M's in the mail. Burning them in now and trying out a pair of cut down Shure tri-flange tips and the bi-flanges that came with them. Will try out some comply's soon as well. So far they're working great. Quite comfortable in the ear. I can definately feel them more than my q-jays but it's not unpleasant...just snug...will try laying on my side tonight or tomorrow and will report on their comfort then. Thanks again to everyone on this thread who has contributed. Will post impressions soon!

Mike

Mike... how's your impression..?

Jul 6, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #836 of 854
Just got my new NE-7M's in the mail and they do sound just fine, thank you very much.  This thread has really helped me make my buying decision.  One quick, I have read many places the the 7M's need about 50 hours of break in time to really come into their own sonic wise.  Is there an easy way to accomplish this?
Thanks for such a newbie question.
`swamp

Jul 6, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #837 of 854

Quote:
Just got my new NE-7M's in the mail and they do sound just fine, thank you very much.  This thread has really helped me make my buying decision.  One quick, I have read many places the the 7M's need about 50 hours of break in time to really come into their own sonic wise.  Is there an easy way to accomplish this?
Thanks for such a newbie question.
`swamp

Just run music at moderate volumes through them for 3-4 days straight and that should be enough.

Jul 16, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #840 of 854

Quote:
Argh, the thing that tips go on has come off its housing (pops off) on the right phone...just bought these few months ago...

Have you contacted NuForce about this? Their customer service has been awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back