REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Dec 10, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #151 of 854
New to the forums...

Read HPAddicts review of the 7Ms and ordered a pair. I just received them last night and was looking through the manual and it said it also includes foam ear tips. I am missing the foam ear tips...did you guys get those in the box?

Also, the bottom of the box was sticker sealed, but the top was not. Did I get a used pair?

Dec 10, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #152 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by liteon6x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey HeadphoneAddict do u think you will be able to get some zagg zbuds to throught into the mix

i am suddenly leaning towards it as the design and durablity looks awesome but ultimately if the 7m sounds better illl pick that in a heart beat.

I'm not really interested. I am happy with what I have now. The Shure E2c black silicone tips pushed them up a notch and I am too tired to do another earphone review for something I don't need. I'm already working on two more USB DAC amp reviews that will keep me tied up till I go away for a week over Xmas.

PS: I did not get foam ear tips, and I gave my only spare pair of separately purchased Complys T400 to LeonWho already. Sorry.

Dec 10, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #153 of 854
So you're saying the E2C black silicone tips (model number would be nice
smily_headphones1.gif
) are the best for the Nuforce NE-7M over the Comply T400's or are the Comply's better?
EDIT: Just noticed there are 3 different sizes for the tips. I fit medium size tips well so I'm guessing go for the medium size ones?

The Shure tips are slightly cheaper (and easier shipping wise) for me but if the Comply's are better....

Dec 10, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #155 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you're saying the E2C black silicone tips (model number would be nice
smily_headphones1.gif
) are the best for the Nuforce NE-7M over the Comply T400's or are the Comply's better?
EDIT: Just noticed there are 3 different sizes for the tips. I fit medium size tips well so I'm guessing go for the medium size ones?

The Shure tips are slightly cheaper (and easier shipping wise) for me but if the Comply's are better....

I don't have a model number - I bought my first pair early 2007, then cat ate the cord and I bought another pair that I sold and gave away the self repaired ones to the buyer, so I had some extra tips I found laying around.

The E2c silicone tips and Complys are better than stock, but I can't say one is better than the other - they are just slightly different. Both with more bass, the Complys with just a slight drop in highs.

Dec 10, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #156 of 854
I've read throughout this thread and many said these phones are supposed to have a nice kick in terms of bass. The bass is there, but it is not as big I expected.

I have a good seal with the stock silicon ear tips...

I know that the complys made a difference for many, but HPAddicts original review was with the stock ones. Any help? Did I get a defective one?

Dec 10, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #157 of 854
how do the ne-7's sound signature compare to mylarone x3's or bijou 3's soud signature?

The x3's and bijou 3's have a decent-good amount of bass and are fairly detailed and decent-good clarify after burn in.

Dec 10, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #158 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonnnystarks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've read throughout this thread and many said these phones are supposed to have a nice kick in terms of bass. The bass is there, but it is not as big I expected.

I know that the complys made a difference for many, but HPAddicts original review was with the stock ones. Any help? Did I get a defective one?

Um what headphones are you coming from?

Dec 11, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #159 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonnnystarks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't shove them deep into my ear canal, but only deep enough to get a seal and got better bass than wearing them deep. With the E2c silicone tips I can wear them deep and get more bass, same with the Complys foam tips.

Dec 11, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #160 of 854
I just got these today, and I'm very impressed. It's the first dynamic iem that has a relatively balanced frequency response, at least that I've tried in this price range.

They are on the bassier side but it's not boomy at all. Almost like a subwoofer that's tuned just right. It really adds to the weight of the music.

For tips, you guy might want to try any UE tip, and also the tips from the new Marshmallows (HA-FX34).

It's a shame I'll be giving these as a gift.
dt880smile.png

Dec 11, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #161 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have a model number - I bought my first pair early 2007, then cat ate the cord and I bought another pair that I sold and gave away the self repaired ones to the buyer, so I had some extra tips I found laying around.

The E2c silicone tips and Complys are better than stock, but I can't say one is better than the other - they are just slightly different. Both with more bass, the Complys with just a slight drop in highs.

How the isolation versus each other as that's improtant to me.
I know the Comply's isolate well as I have some.

Dec 11, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #163 of 854
can anyone confirm that the play/pause and skip/rewind buttons work on the 3g iphone

i just bought those apple earbuds pretty much for only the controls and the quality sucks. ugh.

so if these are better than my denon c700s and have a remote on them i will be GOLDEN!

Dec 11, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #164 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by dlamin517 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can anyone confirm that the play/pause and skip/rewind buttons work on the 3g iphone

i just bought those apple earbuds pretty much for only the controls and the quality sucks. ugh.

so if these are better than my denon c700s and have a remote on them i will be GOLDEN!

The Nuforce NE-7M and ZAGG Z.Buds should both work with the iPhone 3G. I don't have the Denon C700, so I can't tell you if the sound quality is better, but either of them will have excellent sound quality that exceeds any expectations you may have from the price you pay. In addition, if you want inline volume control, the ZAGG Z.Buds have that, while the NE-7M (and I'm pretty sure the new Apple IEM as well) don't. The NE-7M will have a slightly more analytical response while still providing decent bass (make sure you get a good seal!). The ZAGG Z.Buds have a forward midrange and above average bass, while the highs were left pretty much flat (not very sparkly).

Dec 11, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #165 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Nuforce NE-7M and ZAGG Z.Buds should both work with the iPhone 3G. I don't have the Denon C700, so I can't tell you if the sound quality is better, but either of them will have excellent sound quality that exceeds any expectations you may have from the price you pay. In addition, if you want inline volume control, the ZAGG Z.Buds have that, while the NE-7M (and I'm pretty sure the new Apple IEM as well) don't. The NE-7M will have a slightly more analytical response while still providing decent bass (make sure you get a good seal!). The ZAGG Z.Buds have a forward midrange and above average bass, while the highs were left pretty much flat (not very sparkly).

ya but what does 'work' mean

i will ask again

if i use NE-7M with my 3g iphone will i be able to play my music, pause it, skip tracks, and go to previous tracks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back