[REVIEW] Multiple IEM Shootout v.2
May 31, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #76 of 173
Thank you for reviewing NE-7Ms
smily_headphones1.gif
... Nice to read the reviews from a sifu. I pretty sure you will love the PFEs too, especially when paired with a warm amp.

Thank you.

May 31, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #77 of 173
Hey ClieOS, quick question: What tips are you using on the NE-7ms in that picture? They look like Klipsch gels, but those don't fit on the NE-7m (at least, the ones from my X10 don't) do they? Thanks.

Jun 1, 2009 at 9:13 AM Post #80 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yet another model worth considering: the Sennheiser MM 50 iP ($63.98 on Amazon), which Headroominfo compares favorably to the Shure SE530 ($294.95 on Amazon).

I wouldnt even bother testing that. I bet its along the lines of a CX300 with a mic, maybe a little better if you are lucky.

Jun 1, 2009 at 11:00 AM Post #81 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlet Infidel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldnt even bother testing that. I bet its along the lines of a CX300 with a mic, maybe a little better if you are lucky.

How much, the bet?
tongue.gif
Because the same website tests the CX-300 II.

Jun 1, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #82 of 173
Until I win the lottery (which I don't buy) and can afford a dummy head myself, I don't think I am going to get that Senn.

Jun 1, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #83 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Until I win the lottery (which I don't buy) and can afford a dummy head myself, I don't think I am going to get that Senn.

I'm not rich, but even I could afford a dummy head. That's the only one I've got, actually.

And here's another candidate... or maybe not.

Jun 1, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #84 of 173
Quote:

How much, the bet?
tongue.gif
Because the same website tests the CX-300 II.

On first glance I think their high tech testing method is a little naive. I like the gadgets and objectivity and the numbers are interesting but I think there is a bit more to it than that.

For example they essentially have the CX95 as the same as the CX300-II. A CX95 is miles ahead of a CX300 (dont know how much difference the II makes).

Jun 1, 2009 at 12:03 PM Post #85 of 173
Quote:

On first glance I think their high tech testing method is a little naive. I like the gadgets and objectivity and the numbers are interesting but I think there is a bit more to it than that.

For example they essentially have the CX95 as the same as the CX300-II. A CX95 is miles ahead of a CX300 (dont know how much difference the II makes).

You can disagree with their conclusions, of course, but the tests nevertheless indicate that the CX300 and the MM50iP are different earphones, beyond the microphone.

Jun 1, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #87 of 173
Quote:

Oh yes, I didnt mean to suggest they were the same. Just that I suspect all the dynamic sennheisers have a similar sound signature and I doubt the MM will be significantly different or better.

I understand now.
smily_headphones1.gif
Though it means that the CX300 and the IE8 sound similar, which may be true in some way, but the sound quality certainly differs noticeably.

Jun 1, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #88 of 173
Quote:

Yet another model worth considering: the Sennheiser MM 50 iP ($63.98 on Amazon), which Headroominfo compares favorably to the Shure SE530 ($294.95 on Amazon).

dont be too easily taken in by that comparison, they clearly are looking at the charts and thinking more is better.

they claim the senn's have ''better bass'', but looking at the frequency chart clearly shows the bass is very loud and boomy. this isnt my opinion but the charts make this clear and most people on head fi find the shure's bass very adaquate in volume, if not too much at times, take this into account before you follow the reviewers steps and think more is better.

Jun 1, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #89 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dont be too easily taken in by that comparison, they clearly are looking at the charts and thinking more is better.

they claim the senn's have ''better bass'', but looking at the frequency chart clearly shows the bass is very loud and boomy. this isnt my opinion but the charts make this clear and most people on head fi find the shure's bass very adaquate in volume, if not too much at times, take this into account before you follow the reviewers steps and think more is better.

I don't think they believe that more is always better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back