[REVIEW] Multiple IEM Shootout v.2
Jun 18, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #106 of 173
Any bi-flanges that fits UE should fit NE-7M, but I don't have any particular brand to recommend since everyone is more or less the same (beside UE, which tend to be stiffer)

Jun 18, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #108 of 173
Nice set of reviews! You b@st@rd, you beat me to the punch and with more phones! (Now, I'll have to destroy you. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!)

:)

Jun 18, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #109 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any bi-flanges that fits UE should fit NE-7M, but I don't have any particular brand to recommend since everyone is more or less the same (beside UE, which tend to be stiffer)

sorry, but what is UE?

EDIT: Also, I was looking at comply t-400's and the Sony EPEX10A/BLK Hybrid Replacement Earbuds. Those are the sony hybrids everyone talks about, correct? Which one of these would be a better choice? And are the hybrids silicone or foam? thanks again.

Jun 18, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #110 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by maraca2020 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry, but what is UE?

EDIT: Also, I was looking at comply t-400's and the Sony EPEX10A/BLK Hybrid Replacement Earbuds. Those are the sony hybrids everyone talks about, correct? Which one of these would be a better choice? And are the hybrids silicone or foam? thanks again.

I believe UE stands for "Ultimate Ears".

The Sony hybrids are silicone. I just ordered a set from Amazon. The bad thing with the hybrids is that you have to spend about $12 to get one set of tips. To me though its worth it. I have tried all kinds (including Comply) and the Sony's work best for me. YMMV.

Jun 18, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #111 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by maraca2020 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry, but what is UE?

UE = Ultimate Ears (maker of the $1100 UE 11 Pro)

Jun 18, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #112 of 173
great. is the Sony EPEX10A/BLK Hybrid Replacement Earbuds (Black) the exact one you're talking about? I think I'll go with those. Also does it fit on the ne-7m? and can you get it at best buy? Thanks

Jun 19, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #113 of 173
For me, Comply provides great comfort but it is pricey since you have to keep changing it, so I usually avoid using it. Those Sony Hybrid will fit on NE-7M. I think they are available at SonyStyle and Amazon, but I am not sure whether BestBuy has them or not.

Jun 19, 2009 at 11:18 AM Post #114 of 173
Quote:

For me, Comply provides great comfort but it is pricey since you have to keep changing it, so I usually avoid using it. Those Sony Hybrid will fit on NE-7M. I think they are available at SonyStyle and Amazon, but I am not sure whether BestBuy has them or not.

Early on, I looked at a couple of Best Buys for these and they didn't have them. I ended up getting them from Amazon.

Jun 19, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #115 of 173
Absolutely Brilliant! Well done.

Any chance you could do a comparo with Atrios and Sleeks?

On a more unrealistic note, what about custom iem comparisons, especially the $350-$500 range.

Like: JH5 Pro, UE4 Pro, Alien Ears/Hearyourself.com C3, Fidelity Triples...*takes a breath*
or Unique Melody/Null audio universal-to-custom mods (IEM Remolding + Modification Service (SF5Pro, TF10Pro, UM2), uniquemelody) The Unique Melody modding page isn't translated into English yet, however.

No problem if you can't, since I've already gotten so much for your reviews!

Thanks,

Jon

Jun 19, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #116 of 173
SA6 and Atrio have been previously compared, check out the old review/comparison thread in my signature. I don't do custom - not that I don't like to, but they doesn't justify the cost from a collector standpoint. I'll stick to universal for now.

Jun 20, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #117 of 173
Quote:

SA6 and Atrio have been previously compared, check out the old review/comparison thread in my signature. I don't do custom - not that I don't like to, but they doesn't justify the cost from a collector standpoint. I'll stick to universal for now.

Gotcha, thanks

Jun 22, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #119 of 173
Sennheiser are still expensive locally. For (around) the same price, I am more interested in UM3X. Then again, I really don't have any plan for top-end universal at the moment.

Jun 24, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #120 of 173
yeah, top-end product already have many reviews, better searching for unfamous products like brainwavz
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back