Quote:

Originally Posted by thomasshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great Job!

i'd like to hear your thoughts on UHP336, RE2 and PL-30

In his other thread, he reviews those

I kind of wish he would go back and give scores to everything in that thread
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...2-08-a-335851/

May 31, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #62 of 173
Thanks for the support, guys. I will keep my eyes open for MD-52 (can't seem to find a place that sell it cheap with free shipping now. Hopefully Dealextreme will pick it up soon). PK3 won't be reviewed here since it isn't IEM (and I didn't review it before). UHP336 isn't on my 'most wanted' list so don't keep your hope up. Hopefully there will be another one or two IEM come in next week. Cheer.

May 31, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #65 of 173
I love your review layout. It's probably the best I've ever seen on a forum, very concise yet hitting all the details that matter. It overall looks like a professional review rather than an amateur one. Impressive considering English is, as you say, your second language.

May 31, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #66 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PFE + ADDIEM?

It will be ADDIEM and Beta Branwavz from MP4Nation. Still waiting for PFE to arrive... and still have no clue when
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
clieOS, i love reading your well thought out reviews.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourstruly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love your review layout. It's probably the best I've ever seen on a forum, very concise yet hitting all the details that matter. It overall looks like a professional review rather than an amateur one. Impressive considering English is, as you say, your second language.

Glad that you all find it useful
smile.gif

May 31, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #67 of 173
ClieOS, thanks for your review and the time you spent. Went to Can Jam and had short listening sessions with the Maximo iMetal iM-390, MylarOne, and both Woodys. I didn't spend a lot of time for various reasons, one being I am not going to buy any of these, but am curious. And I own the NE-7. For the price, I think the NE-7 is hands down the best value and is a very large step up from the iMetal and MylarOne.

I prefer a warm sound sig, and the Woody One was actually pretty good sounding, but not on par with the Turbine I heard earlier (since they are similarly priced). Although I am not sure I would pick the Woody One over the NE-7 if asked to pick one because of sound signature and my genre's of music match the NE-7 better IMO. But I do think the Woody One might be worth a try.

But that is my sound preference with my music and equipment (Electronic and rock in FLAC via Fuze -> LOD -> E5).

May 31, 2009 at 8:02 AM Post #68 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It will be ADDIEM and Beta Branwavz from MP4Nation. Still waiting for PFE to arrive... and still have no clue when
tongue.gif

I told you that ordering your IEMs from the Moon was a mistake. Considering that the "new" PFE arrive at the end of June, you may want to cancel (or further delay) your order anyway.

May 31, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #69 of 173
I was thinking by the time I got my PFE, it would probably be the new batch already
biggrin.gif

Well, I am not in any hurry anyway. I think I have reach a point where I am more interested in expending the horizon instead of constant thinking about going up a level.

May 31, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #70 of 173
Woody Two sounds intruiging. Im a while off my next set of earphones but I like to keep an eye out for anything with good balance.

Could you say anything briefly about Woody Two against RE2? I'm hoping it is similarly detailed but warmer and fuller at the low end.

May 31, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #71 of 173
RE2 has the upper hand on detail and soundstage while Woody 2 is better at mid and bass. You might prefer RE2 if you are an analytical listener, but I prefer Woody 2 overall for a more balanced sound on the cost of a little lost on detail and soundstage.

May 31, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #72 of 173
Quote:

Well, I am not in any hurry anyway. I think I have reach a point where I am more interested in expending the horizon instead of constant thinking about going up a level.

Er, yeah. We kinda noticed that, when you reached your 20th review.
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #73 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Er, yeah. We kinda noticed that, when you reached your 20th review.
biggrin.gif

One more and I will have 30th
dancing6.gif

May 31, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #74 of 173
Quote:

RE2 has the upper hand on detail and soundstage while Woody 2 is better at mid and bass. You might prefer RE2 if you are an analytical listener, but I prefer Woody 2 overall for a more balanced sound on the cost of a little lost on detail and soundstage.

Thanks, I do want a more balanced sound, but I'd rather not sacrifice too much detail and soundstage so I guess this isnt for me. I wonder if HF5s will satisfy this (anybody feel free to chip in on that one).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back