[REVIEW] Multiple IEM Shootout v.2
Dec 30, 2008 at 8:58 AM Post #16 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
regarding soundstage: bigger is not always better. there may be people who like a close and comfy sounding stage for rock or intimate stage performances. for those times, a large stage may not be better. actually, i think you have done this already. sorry!

The more complex the music, the bigger I like the sound stage. The less complex, the more I like it personal.

e.g. Classical orchestra: Big sound stage is awesome.

Singer + Guitar: Small (not too small!) sound stage is like having them right next to you singing just for you.

Dec 30, 2008 at 9:47 AM Post #17 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The more complex the music, the bigger I like the sound stage. The less complex, the more I like it personal.

e.g. Classical orchestra: Big sound stage is awesome.

Singer + Guitar: Small (not too small!) sound stage is like having them right next to you singing just for you.

I fully agree.

Dec 30, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #18 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That statement warms my heart twice every second!

Dec 30, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #19 of 173
is it getting hot in here?
wink.gif

Dec 30, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #20 of 173
Very cool. Any chance you can share what you plan to add to the review list? Anything from Klipsch? Phonak? Sennheiser IE series?

Dec 31, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #21 of 173
Still have to do the LEAR Le01 first (and unfortunately it have to be delayed for a week or two due to unforeseen event), than I am planning to review SoundMAGIC PL-20 (if it ever arrives with my E5). There might be another one within a month or so but I can't confirm it yet. Do hope to audition the IE8 and W3 in early 2009 and hopefully can borrow one of them for a quick review. As of the rest, it all depends on chance.

Jan 25, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #23 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobofthedead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chinesekiwi, have you ever tried Klipsch's offerings? It looks like the King is dead: Long like the King. The microphonics are terrible with the Klipsch rough cable...

i have tried them and i find Klipsch has WAY WAY WAY less microphonics than a lot of other earphones....

Mar 11, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #25 of 173
im anticipating yr review on Philips SHE9850.
Might not be appropriate to compare since its not an IEM but buds,
but i'm caught in a situation where i have to choose between Philips SHE9850 and Yuin PK1. Could you enlighten me after you've done your review on the Philips SHE9850?
Thanks.

Mar 20, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #29 of 173
Great review, thanks.

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #30 of 173
Thanks, guys.

Now, s-JAYS added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back