[REVIEW] MEElectronics M-DUO: The Treasured IEMs Under $100
Jun 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #62 of 196
Quote:
Thanks.
I do like bass but not like beats. 
I am interested in the Meele EDM IEMs that are out in August. Specially made for EDM music so should be perfect for me.

The M-Duo would actually suffice for what you are looking for BTW. 

Quote:
Need to wait for some reviews on here first. Ha ha

My review is about halfway done as of right now.  A link will be posted to it when completed (I don't write for Head-Fi).

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #63 of 196
Quote:

The M-Duo would actually suffice for what you are looking for BTW. 

My review is about halfway done as of right now.  A link will be posted to it when completed (I don't write for Head-Fi).

Review of the new EDM IEMs?
Thats what I meant.
If they are cheaper and sound better then GR06 then might as well wait. 

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #64 of 196
Quote:
Review of the new EDM IEMs?
Thats what I meant.
If they are cheaper and sound better then GR06 then might as well wait. 

Oh, no, M-Duo review is about half way done.  IDK if I'm going to want to get my hands on the EDM series.  Depends on how much time I have. 

Jun 9, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #66 of 196
I primarily listen to EDM and that leaves me wondering what sound signature Meelectronics thinks is appropriate for my favoured genre.  My intuition is it will be too bass heavy (for me) like the M9.

Jun 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #67 of 196
Quote:
I primarily listen to EDM and that leaves me wondering what sound signature Meelectronics thinks is appropriate for my favoured genre.  My intuition is it will be too bass heavy (for me) like the M9.

I thought the M6 had right amount of bass for me personally.
I then upgraded to the VSonic GR06 wnich is not the best choice for EDM music but it is very detailed and bigger sound stage then the M6s.
In the initial thoughts in this thread its been said the Duos have bass of the M6s but clarity of the GR06s which would be perfect for me but I am curious about the EDM versions they releasing.

Jun 10, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #68 of 196
I finally got a working pair of these today. The first pair I received had an awful sound leak in one ear, but meelec replaced it really quickly. They really have top notch customer service. 
Anyway, from what I could tell from the other pair and from listening to these (though they aren't properly burned in yet) is that while they do have massive amounts of bass, they're not as clear as the GR06. If you're listening to EDM and have those songs that hit hard, the M-Duos can make your head absolutely shake, but I think they sound a little cold. I'm assuming that's because of the recessed mids. They remind me a lot of the SuperFI 5 EB, only more comfortable. In truth, that's where I think they beat the VSonic. I don't especially love the way the GR06 and 07 fit, but I know there are many who do. 
Anyway, that's my brief take on the M-Duo, now that I have a fully functioning pair. I may change my mind a bit once they're burned in for about 30~40 hours.

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #69 of 196
Mine are at the post office, i will be doing a full review of these.

Jun 12, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #70 of 196
I've been using mine for over a week now and I have to say I just love the sound. I stuck a pair of Comply TX200s on mine (slowly). I normally alternate between M6s on my bike and A151s the rest of the time but have always found the m6s a little too muddy and while I love the A151s they're a wee bit clinical. The M-Duos seem to bridge the gap perfectly. There's plenty of bass without rattling the fillings and crisp clear vocals and treble. They're a lot warmer than the A151s as well. I've been listening to everything from EODM to Pink Floyd to Damien Marley to Chemical Brothers and the wonderful electronic squiggles of Devo without being able to find fault (although in fairness, I'm not a fully fledged techno audiophile - I just know what I like). I haven't had any sibilance since around 20 hours use. The eye-opener for me though was listening to some Ry Cooder soundtracks earlier today. The sound and the layers of instrumentation coming through were amazing to my untrained ears. I just lost all track of everything else around me. Having used Shure / Jays / Sennheiser / Sony and anything else I could get my hands on along with Sp51s / M9s and the aforementioned M6s and A151s, I think I've found what I was looking for. Now if only I could get the cables to stay over my ears without using big rubber guides.

Jun 15, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #71 of 196
I don't know if my ears are deceiving me, but I think the sound signature has become slightly fuller (warmer?) on the mids.

What I did differently was change the burn in sound from the jlabaudio.com loop for the first 50 hours to songza's aggressive dubstep channel on med-high volume going on 30 hours now. It felt like the white/pink noise and sweeps did not work the separate subwoofer driver enough and now the dubstep's wob wob wob is.

I am really liking the slight fullness on the M-Duo. The mids are now very enjoyable along with the strong bass and sweet treble.

Jun 15, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #72 of 196
I don't know if my ears are deceiving me, but I think the sound signature has become slightly fuller (warmer?) on the mids.

What I did differently was change the burn in sound from the jlabaudio.com loop for the first 50 hours to songza's aggressive dubstep channel on med-high volume going on 30 hours now. It felt like the white/pink noise and sweeps did not work the separate subwoofer driver enough and now the dubstep's wob wob wob is.

I am really liking the slight fullness on the M-Duo. The mids are now very enjoyable along with the strong bass and sweet treble.

I'm starting to notice it too, but slightly.

Jun 26, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #75 of 196
Quote:

The RE400 is obviously a better choice when it comes to midrange and treble, unless you're a treble head. I'm not sure about the bass though.

The bass is there in depth and quantity when it's supposed to be and not when it's not supposed to be.   Oh, and the timbre, the nuances and the overall quality and tightness of the bass is always there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back