[REVIEW] MEElectronics M-DUO: The Treasured IEMs Under $100
Jun 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #77 of 196
I can get these with 20% off at the moment.
Without insured shipping they come out around same price as Zero Audio Basso.
Are the meeles better for Trance music then the Basso?

The M-DUO does well with Trance, but unfortunately I don't own the Zero Audio Basso.

Jun 26, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #78 of 196
Quote:

Oh, no, M-Duo review is about half way done.  IDK if I'm going to want to get my hands on the EDM series.  Depends on how much time I have. 

How does the M-Duo compare sound quality-wise to the Scosche IEM856 dual hybrid? Thank you.

Jun 27, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #81 of 196
Jun 27, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #82 of 196
Quote:
Any impressions base on memory?

It's been way to long, and quite frankly, I wouldn't trust my memory on this.  With that said, I don't want to mislead you in any way, so I'm going to have to say no.  Sorry.

Jun 30, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #85 of 196
Quote:
Has there been any comparison to the Brainwavz R1? And I assume people are aware of their soon to come R3s, a new dual dynamic (I guess the Vsonic naming protocol is starting to catch on...). I found the closing sections of Raz' post amusing: 

Specs:

Thats for later 
color]

The price:

Its not final yet, but it will be a lot more than the R1 and more than the M3, but less than the B2.'

Maybe we should start a pool on what the price actually ends up to be... 'a lot more, more, but less' pretty much narrows it down. Says they're aiming to launch them later this month or in July. 

And congrats to jww187 on the MeeWhat win. Optimistically strategic, I placed two orders, got two M9Ps. Hard to complain, though - they are perfect for proselytizing to the non-believers. Can I get an amen? 

That look at the new Brainwaves looks interesting.  Tempted to hold out for them.

Jul 6, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #86 of 196
Quote:
Dont think anyone on here as both of them so wont be able to get a comparison! :frowning2:

I now have both, though the Meelec only since about an hour ago. One immediately notices certain differences though - the Bassos sound smoother and wider, while the M-Duo have more aggressive treble (more V-shaped) and possibly more detail (though I haven't compared them properly on that count). The M-Duo are smaller and more comfortable than I had assumed from the pictures, with no driver flex and not much microphonics, whereas the Bassos have driver flex for me (though not for most people, it seems). 

Jul 13, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #87 of 196
I now have both, though the Meelec only since about an hour ago. One immediately notices certain differences though - the Bassos sound smoother and wider, while the M-Duo have more aggressive treble (more V-shaped) and possibly more detail (though I haven't compared them properly on that count). The M-Duo are smaller and more comfortable than I had assumed from the pictures, with no driver flex and not much microphonics, whereas the Bassos have driver flex for me (though not for most people, it seems). 

Would like to know your impression on the M-Duo after about a week of owning, and how it compares with the Bassos. Thanks.

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #88 of 196
With the stock tips the treble is too harsh for me, but just about any thicker tips, double flanges or foams greatly improve it. I really like their crispness - I'd say they're a little bit more versatile than the Bassos. Both have strong bass, but in the Meelecs it's punchy and in the Bassos it's warm and big (though still clean). The Bassos are great for just relaxing and immersing oneself, but if you want to listen in a more active and detailed way, the M-Duo are maybe better.  

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #89 of 196
With the stock tips the treble is too harsh for me, but just about any thicker tips, double flanges or foams greatly improve it. I really like their crispness - I'd say they're a little bit more versatile than the Bassos. Both have strong bass, but in the Meelecs it's punchy and in the Bassos it's warm and big (though still clean). The Bassos are great for just relaxing and immersing oneself, but if you want to listen in a more active and detailed way, the M-Duo are maybe better.  

Agree on the treble with stock single flange. Was browsing Rin Choi's MountainRiceOppose headphone review blog and he mentions placing micro fiber cloth between nozzle and ear sleeve (to tame highs on other earphones). Tried it and it veiled the mid and upper frequencies just slightly. Since the M-Duo has a pretty aggressive, up-front sound, this tamed it a bit.

I'll try the micro fiber cloth with Sony hybrid tips later to see if that's a better combo.

Jul 17, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #90 of 196
Review:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/672794/review-meelectronic-m-duo-a-new-dual-dd-iem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back