[REVIEW] MEElectronics M-DUO: The Treasured IEMs Under $100
Jul 18, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #93 of 196
For those of you interested in the M-DUO and want to get a deal, go to this link:

$59.99
http://tech.woot.com/plus/meelectronics-headphones-3

To piggyback on this deal, if you want a Meelectronics headphone/earphone that is not on the WOOT deal, there is a 20% off all products site wide (code: NEWMEELEC) and free US shipping on orders over $10 (code: NEWMEELECSHIP).

I am curious about the bluetooth IEM "Metro" but have not seen any reviews on it.

Jul 19, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #94 of 196
To piggyback on this deal, if you want a Meelectronics headphone/earphone that is not on the WOOT deal, there is a 20% off all products site wide (code: NEWMEELEC) and free US shipping on orders over $10 (code: NEWMEELECSHIP).

I am curious about the bluetooth IEM "Metro" but have not seen any reviews on it.

Yeah. The Metro IEMs are suppose to have the best Bluetooth clarity out of the entire lineup.

Jul 19, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #95 of 196
Quote:

Quote:
Yeah. The Metro IEMs are suppose to have the best Bluetooth clarity out of the entire lineup.

I personally would rate the Metro's sound quality around the level of the A161P.  There are flaws to the sound, but it's up there with the A161P in terms of quality and is able to hold its own.  Essentially, the signature is like the A161P with a little more bass and better treble extension, albeit the treble is a little more peaky. 

Jul 19, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #96 of 196
Quote:

I personally would rate the Metro's sound quality around the level of the A161P.  There are flaws to the sound, but it's up there with the A161P in terms of quality and is able to hold its own.  Essentially, the signature is like the A161P with a little more bass and better treble extension, albeit the treble is a little more peaky. 

Nice. I think I found my next set of IEMs.

Jul 22, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #97 of 196
Picked these up on the Woot deal and they arrived the other day.  So far I like them, especially when it comes to comfort; they don't bother my ears in the least.  However, I wonder if I'm really getting the best seal with the provided tips.  Others here say they measure similar to the FXT-90, but comparing the two I notice the bass of the JVC's to be fuller and more powerful...not an issue if that's the case, I don't mind a lesser bass quantity, but I'm curious nonetheless.  Do the JVC's have stronger mid bass or am I possibly not getting the best seal?

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #98 of 196
I was wondering if anybody else had a fitment issue: No matter what I do, the left IEM doesn't seem like it provides a nice seal compared to the right side. I've tried cable down & up, switching the ear tips with each side, using the right IEM in left ear and vice-versa; still no luck.

Jul 24, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #99 of 196
I was wondering if anybody else had a fitment issue: No matter what I do, the left IEM doesn't seem like it provides a nice seal compared to the right side. I've tried cable down & up, switching the ear tips with each side, using the right IEM in left ear and vice-versa; still no luck.

Did you try mixing up the sizes? Or use the Sony Hybrids for better fit.

Jul 24, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #100 of 196
Picked these up on the Woot deal and they arrived the other day.  So far I like them, especially when it comes to comfort; they don't bother my ears in the least.  However, I wonder if I'm really getting the best seal with the provided tips.  Others here say they measure similar to the FXT-90, but comparing the two I notice the bass of the JVC's to be fuller and more powerful...not an issue if that's the case, I don't mind a lesser bass quantity, but I'm curious nonetheless.  Do the JVC's have stronger mid bass or am I possibly not getting the best seal?

No, it's true. The FXT90 does have more bass quantity, but not the sheer bass slam that the M-DUO has.

Jul 24, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #101 of 196

Even with switching the earbuds, the left side will still not seal? Maybe your left ear canal is a little bigger. Have you tried a larger sized tip on the left bud?
I too agree with Niyologist that the Sony hybrid tips works perfectly with the M-Duo.

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #102 of 196
Quote:

I wish I'd read this and replied sooner. For whatever reason this sometimes happens with this IEM. Meelec was gracious about replacing them, but if it sounds like the left earbud is constantly venting air, it shouldn't, and it should be replaced. I've read a few reviews where people say that this particular IEM isn't really all that isolating. They are if they don't have this problem. TBH, it's the only thing that would keep me from recommending them to others. Even the first replacement pair I got from Meelec starting doing it after a few of hours. Knock on wood, I finally have a pair that isolates correctly. The point is, if you hear air leaking in you left earbud, and if you reverse them and it's still doing it in your right ear (and sealed correctly in your left), it isn't a fitting problem. 

Sep 15, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #104 of 196
Can anyone comment on how these do with metal/rock music? Are these designed for all genres or bass heavy genres? I haven't heard a dual dynamic driver before. Are these going to be noticeably superior to a single driver in the same price range like the S4?

Sep 16, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #105 of 196
Can anyone comment on how these do with metal/rock music? Are these designed for all genres or bass heavy genres? I haven't heard a dual dynamic driver before. Are these going to be noticeably superior to a single driver in the same price range like the S4?

Compared to the S4, the M-DUO has better clarity and just sounds all around airier to me.  The S4 sounds a bit muffled and stuffy.  The M-DUO is a bit sibilant up top, not unlike the S4.  M-DUO's bass sounds a little less boomier(in a good way imo).  The M-DUO comes out ahead against the S4 in just about any area, so it's a definite upgrade to that.  The only unfortunate thing I find about the M-DUO is that it retails for about the same price as the JVC FXT-90's street price($80ish) and I prefer the JVC's by a small margin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back