[REVIEW] MEElectronics M-DUO: The Treasured IEMs Under $100
May 30, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #31 of 196
Quote:
As requested, the frequency graph.  The colored ones are the compensated graphs (for Diffuse Field and my bass roll off), the grey is the raw measurement.

That sudden drump from the 5 kHz region seems to be popular in Dunu's IEMs as well, which gives them a distinct sound, one that these IEMs have as well in the upper vocals.

I'll also attach the MEE A161 for comparison to Tyll and Rin's graph as my DIY cheap setup hasn't been verified too much in public yet.  Keep in mind that my system isn't 100% perfect or fool proof.  But it'll give you a good idea about sound.

Thank you. These IEMs do well with female vocals, but kinda lack in male vocals, otherwise the Mids are Clean and pretty much neutral. The bass is more emphasized on the Upper Sub-Bass and slowly drops off at lower Midrange.

May 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #32 of 196
Quote:

Thank you. These IEMs do well with female vocals, but kinda lack in male vocals, otherwise the Mids are Clean and pretty much neutral. The bass is more emphasized on the Upper Sub-Bass and slowly drops off at lower Midrange.

Mids aren't neutral.  They average off neutral (if you take the entire midrange and average it :p).  They are extremely clean though.  These do good with female vocals since they actually have a decent resonance peak.  I get a bass focus in the lower-bass closer to the sub-bass region.  Leads to a stronger impact, but is tight enough to offer a good punch. 

May 30, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #33 of 196
Quote:

Mids aren't neutral.  They average off neutral (if you take the entire midrange and average it :p).  They are extremely clean though.  These do good with female vocals since they actually have a decent resonance peak.  I get a bass focus in the lower-bass closer to the sub-bass region.  Leads to a stronger impact, but is tight enough to offer a good punch. 

Sorry, I meant that the mids are neutral in general. :p

May 30, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #34 of 196
Quote:

Sorry, I meant that the mids are neutral in general. :p

I still consider these IEMs v-shaped due to the lower-midrange dip.  They remind me a lot of Dunu IEMs...  So many similarities in sound signature :p

May 30, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #35 of 196
Quote:

I still consider these IEMs v-shaped due to the lower-midrange dip.  They remind me a lot of Dunu IEMs...  So many similarities in sound signature :p

Yup. Sounds like the M-DUO is a major upgrade, based on the DUNU Trident reviews.

May 30, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #36 of 196
Quote:

Yup. Sounds like the M-DUO is a major upgrade, based on the DUNU Trident reviews.

Well, the Trident is half the price :p The Trident is more neutral than the M-Duo though. 

May 30, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #37 of 196
Quote:

Well, the Trident is half the price :p The Trident is more neutral than the M-Duo though. 

How about the detail? I'm pretty sure that'll sell with this.

May 30, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #38 of 196
Quote:

How about the detail? I'm pretty sure that'll sell with this.

Detailing is actually quite strong with these.  The lower treble response gives these a bit of an aggressive sound when it comes to detail retrieval. 

May 30, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #39 of 196
Quote:

Detailing is actually quite strong with these.  The lower treble response gives these a bit of an aggressive sound when it comes to detail retrieval. 

Nice. I'll have your Impressions on the first post when they're posted.

May 30, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #43 of 196
Quote:

Okay. I'll keep burning in the M-DUO for at least another 5 days. :)

I burn in with music (on shuffle) for a minimum of 50 hours :p  The rest is for me to get used to the signature, any new toy effects, etc and make comparisons to other IEMs to ensure I didn't go crazy :p 

May 30, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #45 of 196
Quote:

I burn in with music (on shuffle) for a minimum of 50 hours :p  The rest is for me to get used to the signature, any new toy effects, etc and make comparisons to other IEMs to ensure I didn't go crazy :p 

Smart. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back