[REVIEW] HifiMan RE262 – A Beautiful Voice
Nov 22, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #61 of 86
Not sure if this is the right place to ask for this type of stuff but here seems good as anywhere else.
So my pair of RE262 suddenly lost sound from the right side for some reason D=
It's still under the 1 year warranty I believe because I bought them sometime during the fall. 
I never sent something back for a replacement so can anyone fill me in on this? Do I need to prove that I bought my pair recently or something?

Nov 22, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #63 of 86

Quote:
Not sure if this is the right place to ask for this type of stuff but here seems good as anywhere else.
It's still under the 1 year warranty I believe because I bought them sometime during the fall. 
I never sent something back for a replacement so can anyone fill me in on this? Do I need to prove that I bought my pair recently or something?

The warranty service of Hifiman has always been decent, and myself had satisfied experience with them before. They had my Hifiman 602 player repaired even when I lost my purchase invoice. I'd suggest you contact the customer service first, they are very easy to talk to.

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #64 of 86
I'm a little late to the Hifiman party but I finally got the RE262's a couple of weeks ago and I'm simply amazed.  Is it possible to love an earphone?  Ah well I'm simply enjoying them greatly.  ClieOS, I love the title of your review.

Dec 10, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #65 of 86
I'm a little late to the Hifiman party but I finally got the RE262's a couple of weeks ago and I'm simply amazed.  Is it possible to love an earphone?  Ah well I'm simply enjoying them greatly.  ClieOS, I love the title of your review.

I've been mum about my excitement for them since posting my initial expressions, but I'm in the same camp as Shane, I'm simply addicted to them.  They took a good while to burn in but once they did, I was simply floored (again).  "Rich", "deep", "lush," & "sophisticated" are words that immediately come to mind while listening to the 262.

The RE262 is arguably the finest dynamic driver universal IEMs (tuned for a colored sound) that I've ever heard.  They're a little pickier with genres cause they're so damn liquid and smooth through the mids.. but when I'm not listening to anything that demands aggression, ridiculous speed, & crispness (industrial, metal, some rougher prog rock), I simply melt into the RE262s.  The Arrow sounds like a match made in heaven for them, too.

I also recommend ClieOS' foam mod if you want a little more balance in the sound.  As he's stated, it's easy to perform but takes a few tries to get perfect.  Once I got it, I really liked the subtle shift in the overall balance (a bit more air & sparkle in the treble).

Bottom line: it's still criminally slept on around HF, IMO (probably cause it requires an amp to hear half its potential).  The RE262 (tied with the FXT90) is my favorite dynamic universal.

Dec 10, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #67 of 86
angry_face.gif
These types of posts are what makes me spend way too much money! LOL

I'd originally pegged these as my next pair of IEMs, but recently changed targets... indecision is going to be my downfall!

Quote:
I've been mum about my excitement for them since posting my initial expressions, but I'm in the same camp as Shane, I'm simply addicted to them.  They took a good while to burn in but once they did, I was simply floored (again).  "Rich", "deep", "lush," & "sophisticated" are words that immediately come to mind while listening to the 262.

The RE262 is arguably the finest dynamic driver universal IEMs (tuned for a colored sound) that I've ever heard.  They're a little pickier with genres cause they're so damn liquid and smooth through the mids.. but when I'm not listening to anything that demands aggression, ridiculous speed, & crispness (industrial, metal, some rougher prog rock), I simply melt into the RE262s.  The Arrow sounds like a match made in heaven for them, too.

I also recommend ClieOS' foam mod if you want a little more balance in the sound.  As he's stated, it's easy to perform but takes a few tries to get perfect.  Once I got it, I really liked the subtle shift in the overall balance (a bit more air & sparkle in the treble).

Bottom line: it's still criminally slept on around HF, IMO (probably cause it requires an amp to hear half its potential).  The RE262 (tied with the FXT90) is my favorite dynamic universal.

Dec 10, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #68 of 86
Sophisticated is a good word to describe them.  I started writing my own review of them last night.  Talk about a colored review vs colored sound!  This is why I admire ClieOS and Joker's reviews so much, they are very unbiased and give you a good and accurate foundation to start looking for new phones.  Then I look for other head-fiers impressions that I know hear the same way I do and see how excited they sound about a phone.  Flysweep, I really believe you hear and like sound the same way I do.

I'd like to hear the arrow with them; maybe when and if the 4g ever starts appearing...  They really seem to benefit from more power, giving them more punch, definition and authority.  The digizoid zo sounds pretty good with the added bass punch and I've picked up the Fiio E6 for mobility.  I'm not so sure I want to try the foam mod.  I would like the added air but the treble is just fine where it is.

Dec 11, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #69 of 86

Quote:

Good luck! I have received a defective pair of RE262 that sound like crap. I returned them on November 25th, and I am still waiting for a solution.

If you have to return them, make sure to double verify the address with them. The Hong-Kong address that they show at their web-site seems to be wrong.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/580400/searching-for-a-sweet-and-warm-iem-for-250/30#post_7916084

Dec 11, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #71 of 86
Hi there!
Anyone compared those to the Sony EX600?

EX600 is a good buy if you can get it for $130 or so (U.S. price), but overall it isn't quite as good sounding as RE262. EX600 is more energetic and fun, but lacks refinement and musicality compared to a well amped RE262.

Dec 11, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #73 of 86
Yes, of course. Comply T400 should fit RE262. My recommendation is the Ts400.

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #74 of 86
This IEMs are amazing.

Althuogh I somehow agree to the head-fier that said this is a no-go for rock / metal music.  I found that my tracks sound "weird" with these.

Is there any way to "fix" that?  My playlist is on shuffle all the time and it's so diverse that you would be hearing Nat King Cole followed by Dream Theatre :D

I'm planning on grabbing a Fiio E17 or E11.  Still can't decide yet because I'm really torn on which pairing would be better in terms of SQ.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #75 of 86
I'll recommend E17 instead of E11. It has better synergy as far as sound signature is concerned and you get a very useful EQ to tune the RE262 to your liking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back