REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
Jan 30, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #1,066 of 1,534

Quote:
I got one. Still not sure though if the charging time is the same (9 hours). Version is .08

Does it really get to warm with the HM601+TTVJ Slim? Now i'm having second thoughts of getting one
frown.gif

You unit takes 9 hours to fully charge? Something is wrong? Mine takes maybe 4 hours to fully charge and I am able to charge it with the unit being off. Try to update your firmware to fix this issue.

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #1,067 of 1,534

Quote:
You unit takes 9 hours to fully charge? Something is wrong? Mine takes maybe 4 hours to fully charge and I am able to charge it with the unit being off. Try to update your firmware to fix this issue.

I haven't really timed it yet. I just read from here that it takes 9 hours to charge from a fully drained battery. Will time it next time.
What is the latest firmware btw? I thought it was v0.08

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #1,069 of 1,534

Quote:
I haven't really timed it yet. I just read from here that it takes 9 hours to charge from a fully drained battery. Will time it next time.
What is the latest firmware btw? I thought it was v0.08

I think you have a newer version than I do. I have 0.07. The EQ doesn't work properly on this version but the sound signature appears to be more on the balanced side compared to the other firmware that was originally on my unit. So I don't feel the need to use EQ which I much prefer anyways.

Jan 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #1,070 of 1,534
My 601 Slim shipped with v 0.08. This is the firmware with the auto power off issue. It's really a pain in the ass, it doesn't work properly. I set it to the lowest time available (30 mins) and it just cut off on me in the middle of an album, 30 minutes into it. So I shut off the feature entirely and that's even worse. Since I'm not used to having to actually manually shut off the player, it probably stayed on for a good three hours today without me noticing. Which is killer on the battery. I might have to go back to v 0.07.

Jan 31, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #1,071 of 1,534

Quote:

Mine also takes 4 hours,aahhhh wait, are you charging with USB or with the adapter that came with it? its fun warm with TTVJ slim but really detailed.The 601 has more emphasis on treble then mid, and the TTVj slim shows its mids, so they compliment each other, and the combination of both give you a very detailed and a nice instrument separation with good source like lossless, but with 24/96 it shines.

TTVJ slim sound signature is more to tube sound than digital. I like it and starting to like it more by time with my DAP,.

Jan 31, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #1,072 of 1,534

Quote:
You probably have the latest.  The v0.07 firmware, as far as I know is the latest for the non-slim HM-601/602, unless Fang has posted otherwise.

Mine came with 0.08, non 601 slim!

Jan 31, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #1,073 of 1,534

Quote:
My 601 Slim shipped with v 0.08. This is the firmware with the auto power off issue. It's really a pain in the ass, it doesn't work properly. I set it to the lowest time available (30 mins) and it just cut off on me in the middle of an album, 30 minutes into it. So I shut off the feature entirely and that's even worse. Since I'm not used to having to actually manually shut off the player, it probably stayed on for a good three hours today without me noticing. Which is killer on the battery. I might have to go back to v 0.07.

how's the battery life on hm-601 slim? and where can you buy one?

it's not in their website yet

Jan 31, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #1,074 of 1,534
I really just got it so I haven't had a chance to use it enough to properly attest to that, and I got mine on head-direct eBay. As you can see, it's not even listed as the "Slim." I think the mentioned notion that Fang is trying to replace the HM-601 with the HMexpress-601 Slim is correct.

Jan 31, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #1,075 of 1,534

Quote:
I really just got it so I haven't had a chance to use it enough to properly attest to that, and I got mine on head-direct eBay. As you can see, it's not even listed as the "Slim." I think the mentioned notion that Fang is trying to replace the HM-601 with the HMexpress-601 Slim is correct.

if that's really the product you received, that's not hm-601 slim. mr. fang mentioned that the hm-601 slim will utilize PCM1704 chip, instead of TDA1543

Jan 31, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #1,076 of 1,534

Quote:
if that's really the product you received, that's not hm-601 slim. mr. fang mentioned that the hm-601 slim will utilize PCM1704 chip, instead of TDA1543

How do you charge it with USB or with the supplied adapter?

Jan 31, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #1,077 of 1,534
When the HM-601SLIM will be available ? I read that it will be released this month but nothing at HifiMan site.

I'm very interested in this DAP as an update of my T51.

Quote:

Jan 31, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #1,078 of 1,534
I switched my firmware back to v 0.05 and the Auto Turn-off problem is gone! Though, someone should probably bring the issue to Fang's attention since he'll be offering these on the official website soon.

Quote:

As I mentioned, the listing is NOT for the HM-601 Slim but, I was shipped one anyway. I am certain. It is noticeably thinner than my previous 601 and the back panel looks slightly different. As for the PCM1704 chip, I'll take Fang's word for it that mine has one inside. I won't open it and confirm.

Quote:
Congrats. please may you post a HD pictures or movie, I still have my 601, and enjoy it from time to time, only with my TTVJslim....

I don't equipment capable of producing a true-HD picture. If a Droid or iPhone camera picture will do, I'd be happy to upload some shots.

Feb 1, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #1,079 of 1,534

Quote:
I switched my firmware back to v 0.05 and the Auto Turn-off problem is gone! Though, someone should probably bring the issue to Fang's attention since he'll be offering these on the official website soon.

As I mentioned, the listing is NOT for the HM-601 Slim but, I was shipped one anyway. I am certain. It is noticeably thinner than my previous 601 and the back panel looks slightly different. As for the PCM1704 chip, I'll take Fang's word for it that mine has one inside. I won't open it and confirm.

I don't equipment capable of producing a true-HD picture. If a Droid or iPhone camera picture will do, I'd be happy to upload some shots.

Hi, any picture will do..

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #1,080 of 1,534

Quote:

awesome.. good for you. how much did  you pay for it? $259?

and yes, any picture will do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back