REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
May 15, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #901 of 1,534
for me the 601 was not listenable at all; so i will have a clear vision of the 601 and 602
If i can't listen to the 602, definitely, the 601 and 602 will be close, if  i will be able to listen to it and ''charmed'' by it, i will be able to say the 602 is definitely better
Wait and see .....

May 16, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #902 of 1,534
To me the 601, one of the first 8g ones, was trebley and needed some EQing to tame the treble and then after a week and a half it changed like a switch was being flicked and became much warmer and musical.

Some might say that it was me getting used to it but I was listening to other DAP's as well and they didn't change and it was not gradual but a very quick change. I am not a big believer of burning in solid state electronics, my biomedical friends are horrified by the idea, but the 601 really seemed to change for the better.

May 16, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #903 of 1,534
I have a general question, my 601 protection glass has came loss and I was wondering what kind of glue can I use to stick it back in. Thanks for any help. I dont want to send it back for such a minor issue :)

May 16, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #904 of 1,534
Quote:
Hi all,

All HM-601 are identical in sound quality. We never use 602's opamp in 601. If anyone can find 2107/2604/275 opamps in HM-601, we will give him a free HE-6. 

Fang

Aww Fang you're always good fun :D 
beerchug.gif

May 18, 2011 at 6:23 AM Post #905 of 1,534
[size=10pt]Hi[/size]
[size=10pt]I have a 601 for some months.[/size]
[size=10pt]Yesterday it was working fine but charge ended so I charged it.[/size]
[size=10pt]2 hours later i try to start it but it does not turn on.[/size]
[size=10pt]Can anyone help with any suggestions for what I can do to try to solve the problem?[/size]
[size=10pt]Thanks [/size]
[size=10pt]Regards [/size]

May 18, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #906 of 1,534
are you sure it started charging? Try connecting it to the computer via USB and see if your computer can detect it. 

Quote:
[size=10pt]Hi[/size]
[size=10pt]I have a 601 for some months.[/size]
[size=10pt]Yesterday it was working fine but charge ended so I charged it.[/size]
[size=10pt]2 hours later i try to start it but it does not turn on.[/size]
[size=10pt]Can anyone help with any suggestions for what I can do to try to solve the problem?[/size]
[size=10pt]Thanks [/size]
[size=10pt]Regards [/size]

May 27, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #910 of 1,534
What is it with these cheap Chinese charge adaptors, the second one I got also passed away. Only luckily this one not after a few days but lived for a few months, but still.
The SD card bug is also inconvenient but the company says they are working on it, yes, probably for a few months already and nothing has changed? RMA'ing it is maybe the next thing I will do.

May 31, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #911 of 1,534
HM-601 is able to drive FA-011 fairly well. But, i have to use high gain and boost the volume upto 7. I have no plans to use FA-011 for portable purpose. Just FYI on a hard to drive headphones.

Jun 1, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #912 of 1,534
has anyone found the the 601 as dark? i mean when i AB with my iphone , both eq off, i find that the iphone is much brighter. also the really, really, annoying hiss makes me unable to enjoy it on my IEMs . Theres also the thickness of it. its so thick i feel uncomfortable putting it in my pocket, which is a real irony, i mean how can it be so big and can lose out in battery life to other portable players?

Jun 1, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #913 of 1,534

Quote:
has anyone found the the 601 as dark? i mean when i AB with my iphone , both eq off, i find that the iphone is much brighter. also the really, really, annoying hiss makes me unable to enjoy it on my IEMs . Theres also the thickness of it. its so thick i feel uncomfortable putting it in my pocket, which is a real irony, i mean how can it be so big and can lose out in battery life to other portable players?

It's not dark....it's "audiophile"
rolleyes.gif

And those same old-school parts that supposedly sound so good are probably the same ones that eat all the battery power.

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #914 of 1,534

Quote:

It's not dark....it's "audiophile"
rolleyes.gif

And those same old-school parts that supposedly sound so good are probably the same ones that eat all the battery power.

To be fair for a long time "dark" was not associated with "audiophile". Many "audiophile" stuff was on the bright side of things. It is a recent trend though to see "dark" (or its more positive term "warm") coming back as a worthy "audiophile" proposition.

Jun 2, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #915 of 1,534

Quote:

It also depends on the IEM that you are pairing with. I did not see that as dark with Re-Zero. But, i find it that way with Shure SE530. But again after reshelling my SE530 the tone changed completely and it is now bit airy for my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back