[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Nov 9, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #1,112 of 1,181

As for the EX1000, I liked it and I heard the treble emphasis that has since been confirmed by many people's ears as well as by FR graphs.

...and there are others, who still think it's the best Sony IEM ever made. You follow the Sony threads, you know that.

But that's exacly the point, people hear things differently and it's a good idea to establish a common understanding before following someone else's advice.

I'm not sure if "ties to the industry, conflicting interests" are aimed at me, I don't work for any audio company and I certainly paid for all my FS earphones, so I think you might be mistaken in that attack.

It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, but taking it personal will make yourself suspicious.
wink.gif

On a more serious note, some quite popular "reviewers" turned out to be shills or undisclosed MOTs, so it's advisable to be cautious.

Your point about people hearing differently is the most important one. Please DO encourage people to include the music they listen to and how loud they listen with impressions of headphones and IEMs, as 90% of the time, it explains what they feel.

About your last point: Some? One! And all his reviews were removed.

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #1,113 of 1,181

Your point about people hearing differently is the most important one. Please DO encourage people to include the music they listen to and how loud they listen with impressions of headphones and IEMs, as 90% of the time, it explains what they feel.

About your last point: Some? One! And all his reviews were removed.

Thanks for stopping by! My future reviews will definitely reflect your advice.

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #1,116 of 1,181
Finally received my pair. On first impressions, it's much like what OP has said. Coming from what I remember about the atrios, the mg6pro has a much wider sound stage, better bass but it does sound a little more veiled straight out of the box which I believe will improve over time as the atrios did.

Dec 11, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #1,119 of 1,181
  I know I'm a little out of place posting here, but what are everyone's thoughts on the universal Atrios? Thanks! 

The Atrios are very bass-heavy, and the treble isn't very refined.

However, if you like a bass-heavy sound, they're actually quite capable IEMs, and can be fun to listen to. They can definitely surprise you with their ability to reproduce dynamic impact in the bass registers (tympani, for example), like very, very few IEMs or CIEMs can manage.

So, it's a matter of taste.

If you're looking for refinement, then I'd suggest you look elsewhere, but if you're looking for maximum impact when playing Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture, then they may bring a smile to your face.

Personally, although I prefer more refinement, I nonetheless feel they are superior, overall, to the MG6 Pro that costs several times as much.

Feb 16, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #1,120 of 1,181
From what i know, it has been close to 4 yrs since this was released. Are there any plans for FS to release a new CIEM flagship that will be replacing the mg6pro? It seems FS isnt developing any new CIEM...

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #1,121 of 1,181
Of course they are!

Their primary and main market are pro-musicians, audio engineers and giant audio production houses. These are big customers who buy a product and stick with it. Even after 4 years, there are still clients upgrading from the MG4! So, yeah, Future Sonics takes their next generation very seriously. Don't expect the next generation of ciems soon. Come spring the new universal should be out.

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #1,122 of 1,181
  Of course they are!

Their primary and main market are pro-musicians, audio engineers and giant audio production houses. These are big customers who buy a product and stick with it. Even after 4 years, there are still clients upgrading from the MG4! So, yeah, Future Sonics takes their next generation very seriously. Don't expect the next generation of ciems soon. Come spring the new universal should be out.

New universal meaning they will replace the current Atrios?

Mar 15, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #1,124 of 1,181
I would buy another pair of IEMs from Future Sonics in a heartbeat. I bought my Atrios about 3 years ago and still love them. I do agree about the top end being a bit less refined, but the low end is amazing. Between these and my 1350s, I get all the clean, well extended bass I could ask for. Incredible that many of us got them for $100 after the head-fi discount code. I hope they offer that again :) 

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #1,125 of 1,181

The Atrios are very bass-heavy, and the treble isn't very refined.

However, if you like a bass-heavy sound, they're actually quite capable IEMs, and can be fun to listen to. They can definitely surprise you with their ability to reproduce dynamic impact in the bass registers (tympani, for example), like very, very few IEMs or CIEMs can manage.

So, it's a matter of taste.

If you're looking for refinement, then I'd suggest you look elsewhere, but if you're looking for maximum impact when playing Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture, then they may bring a smile to your face.

Personally, although I prefer more refinement, I nonetheless feel they are superior, overall, to the MG6 Pro that costs several times as much.

Don't worry, after a few years of cranking IEMs, you won't have to bother about the finer nuances of the high end! 

Just kidding. Sort of. I've chimed in on this thread a long time ago and it's been reiterated many times before. While they can be very pleasing for enjoying prerecorded audio, the MG6s are not primarily designed for that function. As a professional bass player, I find them to be absolutely wonderful onstage. I also have a pair of MG5s and find them to be much more flat. As a recording engineer, they are far more representative of what is actually there. No in ear device that I have heard has been truly flat response. Our ears are too individual to be able to design something that would work for everyone. I don't recommend using IEMs for mixing in the recording studio. They just don't translate that well. Open back headphones are difficult enough. But, all things considered, I think the MG5s are a very good all around IEM. I find balanced armature IEMs to be fatiguing and somehow not representative of the source. YMMV, and many people's do. Of course, after being a professional musician for 25 years, my ears are fairly beat up, so I'm pretty sure that the nuances of 14khz and on up are lost on me. I wish I had had the FS IEMs starting 25 years ago. Tinnitus really sucks. For keeping the levels on stage low and getting a good fidelity reproduction of the music, the MG6's cannot be beat. So, please keep your levels reasonable, people!

And personally, FS customer service has been very good for me. Just as good service for some doesn't mean that everyone gets good service, bad service for a few doesn't mean everyone gets bad service. All we've got here is anecdotal evidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back