[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Jun 1, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #182 of 1,181
Before I take the plunge on these mg6pro customs, i would just like to confirm something, are the replaceable cables on the mg6pro compatible with the JH/Westone pins or with the UE pins or are they exclusively FS pins?  

Jun 1, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #183 of 1,181

Quote:
Before I take the plunge on these mg6pro customs, i would just like to confirm something, are the replaceable cables on the mg6pro compatible with the JH/Westone pins or with the UE pins or are they exclusively FS pins?  

They are compatible with Westone/JH. The stock cable for the Future Sonics MG6Pro Ear Monitor is the same as the one used for the JH16/Jh13--it's a Westone ES cable.

Jun 4, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #185 of 1,181
How do these compared to EX-1000?  If these sound anything like them, I would be very interested.  

Jun 5, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #186 of 1,181
Jun 8, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #187 of 1,181
A set of MG6Pros are going to be in my hands tomorrow morning. Took FS 8 days from receipt of my impressions to create and ship the IEMs along with some custom plugs. Needless to say I am thoroughly excited.

But if I'm disappointed, I'm putting the blame squarely on you, Kunlun. 
evil_smiley.gif

Nah, j/k obviously. I've had a set of Atrios v2s for quite some time and was looking to move up. I like the Atrios sound signature (the sweet lows!), but wanted something with a little more strength in the mids/highs. Was strongly considering the W4s, but figured I'd eventually make the move to customs so I thought I might as well save some cash. Guess we'll see how this works out.

Jun 13, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #188 of 1,181
I just received my MG6Pros this morning and find them to be everything that I had anticipated.  Imaging, tonality and balance are all spot on.    They will be replacing my Westone ES3X which I have very much enjoyed.  FWIW, I do find the Future Sonics to present subtle musical details better than my ES3X as well as providing more of that intangible sense of live performance.   

I must also say that customer service via telephone was absolutely outstanding.   The fit is also perfect, much of that I attribute to the expertise of my Audiologist.   He also did my impressions for the ES3X and they were also a perfect fit out of the box.  

Jun 13, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #189 of 1,181

Quote:
I just received my MG6Pros this morning and find them to be everything that I had anticipated.  Imaging, tonality and balance are all spot on.    They will be replacing my Westone ES3X which I have very much enjoyed.  FWIW, I do find the Future Sonics to present subtle musical details better than my ES3X as well as providing more of that intangible sense of live performance.   

I must also say that customer service via telephone was absolutely outstanding.   The fit is also perfect, much of that I attribute to the expertise of my Audiologist.   He also did my impressions for the ES3X and they were also a perfect fit out of the box.  

Damm straight.

@Smiling, Congrats, and yes please blame that stupid cat. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #190 of 1,181

Quote:
It appears you have not heard any headphones in the same price range of the mg6pro except for universal JH16s which many many people have sai don't sound good or like the real JH16, yet you pronounce that the mg6pro is :much more real sounding".  That seems misleading to me, not to mention it seems you have something against JHA.  It seems you might be trying to justify your choice to buy them, or some other reason.  Just sayin

While it is not my intention to get involved in a mudslinging contest about who has listened to what, I can add that I have owned many sets of IEMs, both universal and custom, including the Atrio, UM3, Sony EX700 & 800ST,  Sleeks, Etymotic ER4S, 4B and 4P with and without custom adapters, FreQ customs, Westone ES2, Westone3, and the excellent Westone ES3X customs (more expensive than mg6pro).

While terms such as "realism", "lifelike sound", "instrumental timbre", "PRaT" and other such subjectives descriptions are often over-used, I will simply say that the mg6pro outperforms any IEM that I have previously owned.   To further define "outperforms", I mean they sound better.   Period. 

Jun 13, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #191 of 1,181

Quote:

@Smiling, Congrats, and yes please blame that stupid cat. 
biggrin.gif

Heh, thanks.

I've got some concerns about the fit on my set, but I'm not sure if I'm simply expecting too much.

For you mg6 (or other customs) owners out there, what amount of movement causes your seal to break?

- Can you lay down?
- Can you smile broadly?
- How far can you tilt your head (forward/backward as well as left/right) before the IEM starts slipping out?

Jun 13, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #192 of 1,181

Quote:
While it is not my intention to get involved in a mudslinging contest about who has listened to what, I can add that I have owned many sets of IEMs, both universal and custom, including the Atrio, UM3, Sony EX700 & 800ST,  Sleeks, Etymotic ER4S, 4B and 4P with and without custom adapters, FreQ customs, Westone ES2, Westone3, and the excellent Westone ES3X customs (more expensive than mg6pro).

While terms such as "realism", "lifelike sound", "instrumental timbre", "PRaT" and other such subjectives descriptions are often over-used, I will simply say that the mg6pro outperforms any IEM that I have previously owned.   To further define "outperforms", I mean they sound better.   Period. 

Aren't the ES3X $850 and the MG6Pro $898? Anyway, whatever you paid for both, it's good to see another HF'er with a set of FS customs, all the more coming from one of the great BA customs. Also, good to see you still consider the ES3X an excellent IEM.

Although I'm not remotely considering getting a second set of customs myself, I'm very glad I recently discovered a great DD universal IEM, the EX1000, that although it has a different sound sig to my ES3X, it's been the only universal IEM that's matched 100% my ES3X in level of enjoyment, so much so that the Sonys have got practically 100% of ear-time for just over a month now.

Jun 13, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #193 of 1,181

I am not able to break the seal on either my ES3X or my MG6Pro other than with my fingers.   The same Audiologist did both sets of impressions, and IMO, he did a superb job, following exactly the recommendations made by the manufacturers.  For the price of custom IEM's you should have very high expectations regarding proper fit. 
Quote:
Heh, thanks.

I've got some concerns about the fit on my set, but I'm not sure if I'm simply expecting too much.

For you mg6 (or other customs) owners out there, what amount of movement causes your seal to break?

- Can you lay down?
- Can you smile broadly?
- How far can you tilt your head (forward/backward as well as left/right) before the IEM starts slipping out?

Jun 15, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #194 of 1,181

Quote:
Heh, thanks.

- Can you lay down?
- Can you smile broadly?

Hi, yes, fit is huge for sound and comfort. You very clearly have a poor fit. I had to have a second set of impressions done with a larger bite block (and the audiologist also did a third set of impressions at the same time with mouth closed, just to have further comparison) because I had just the problems you have. The sound/isolation is much, much better now. Now things are 97% perfect and it works for me. Like I said, I had your problems and there is a difference between a very good fit and a not-so-good fit in the entire experience of the customs (for any brand of custom, I'm sure).

I would also say that even with a near-perfect set, there is a bit of adjustment I make with the custom while it is in-ear. For example, if there is a sense of pressure in the ear, I adjust the earpiece a little to release that and the sound changes to become the great sound that it should. It's just that with my universal I had to do that all the time and now it's just as I get them in there's a little adjustment and I'm good.

Future Sonics were great about helping me through the process of getting that better fit. Work with the best audiologist possible if you need a new set of impressions, it's completely worth it. If you want to hear more about my experience, you can pm me.

Jun 15, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #195 of 1,181
I seriously do not want to go thru this damm process.

I'm imaging a couple refits.

I also wonder if it will fit period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back