[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Apr 8, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #151 of 1,181
Kunlun please post some more on how the Atrio smashed the JH16.

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

Apr 8, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #152 of 1,181
It seems that Kunlun is still clutching at straws when it comes to this past argument. I didn't read the review, but I honestly didn't need to and my opinion didn't change much after reading it. Again, I'm not going to reduce this convo into name calling like found below but I'll leave the reader decide the opinion on the matter. Basically I called out Kunlun for bias because there were some conclusions made before even having heard the product (JH16) itself and I just wanted to bring in some skepticism. The conclusions he came up with were due to the driver being used and I can understand the preference for dynamic drivers due to their timbre but it just sounded too far biased. I will also like to state again that timbre is quite relative, being a dynamic driver doesn't always =better timbre and timbre is dependent on a lot of factors, some instruments will sound better than others regardless of the driver design while other in-ears are more specialized in the timbre]. I wish Future Sonics did a custom demo program which will easily put their name on the radar and bring in impressions from multiple sources that can take apart it's strenghts and weaknesses, as this isn't going to be the end of the road for all dynamic fans I can almost assure, it's all about compromises. Also,Kunlun made the statement that JH16 is less realistic, it's his opinion but saying that it's a demo-JH16 will avoid the questioning from others. I can't see anything wrong with a word to such a statement that can avoid questioning. 
Ha ha, wow, a guy signed up to head-fi just to troll my thread!

Sorry, bub, I handled all that in my review annex (third post from the top). And yes, the MG6Pro simply handles the life-like reproduction of vocal and instrumental music much better than the JH16. Timbre is hard to define but plain as day to hear. As for bias, I caught Jerry lying to his customers and anyone who likes can PM about that (thanks for helping me to spread the word), but I respect him as an audio engineer and I listened to his product with open ears and mind. The more you complain and post here, the more views my review gets, think about that.

As for Inks, I have him blocked. He accused me of writing a biased review of the Future Sonics Atrios and then admitted he had never read the review! Rather than apologising, however, he just said it didn't matter and he'd stick to his ignorance regardless. It's just a level of plain lack of thought that I choose not to deal with. I suggest other people do the same.

Apr 8, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #153 of 1,181

Quote:
It seems that Kunlun is still clutching at straws when it comes to this past argument. I didn't read the review, but I honestly didn't need to and my opinion didn't change much after reading it. Again, I'm not going to reduce this convo into name calling like found below but I'll leave the reader decide the opinion on the matter. Basically I called out Kunlun for bias because there were some conclusions made before even having heard the product (JH16) itself and I just wanted to bring in some skepticism. The conclusions he came up with were due to the driver being used and I can understand the preference for dynamic drivers due to their timbre but it just sounded too far biased. I will also like to state again that timbre is quite relative, being a dynamic driver doesn't always =better timbre and timbre is dependent on a lot of factors, some instruments will sound better than others regardless of the driver design while other in-ears are more specialized in the timbre]. I wish Future Sonics did a custom demo program which will easily put their name on the radar and bring in impressions from multiple sources that can take apart it's strenghts and weaknesses, as this isn't going to be the end of the road for all dynamic fans I can almost assure, it's all about compromises. Also,Kunlun made the statement that JH16 is less realistic, it's his opinion but saying that it's a demo-JH16 will avoid the questioning from others. I can't see anything wrong with a word to such a statement that can avoid questioning. 

Hmm, I am not sure if FS is going to give out demo test for the MG6PRO, but i guess after i manage to get my Fx700 (Finally!), then i shall start to save up for the MG6PRO, as well to provide a 2nd opinion about it, and also much needed comparisons against FX700 and whether the diminutive improvements (especially soundstaging and timbre already excelled by FX700 as many said) to MG6PRO for the FX700 fans, justifies the upgrade or not.

I had a colleague who dissed and dissuaded me from getting it and told me to stay away from any customs from FS, but seriously if its a sound that is really suitable for professional use - Live performance's self-monitoring, Studio-use alternative and etc, Being that true will probably suffice enough for me to get it.

Like i had said, JH16 might be better than the universal demo (which will means same thing MIGHT happen to MG6PRO supposed universal-demo too), I am impressed but not convinced enough to spend 369 SGD dollars more to get Jh16 over MG6PRO

[In SG, Thru Jaben, JH16 is at SGD$1869 while MG6PRO not over $1500]

Hence my decision to stick to the blind leap of faith for the FS Customs.

So lets wait for a few months though it may be a long wait for some, if still not a 2nd opinion has emerged then.
Hope i will by then get my MG6PRO and clear this up once and for all
L3000.gif

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #154 of 1,181
Well kendric, there are also other options in (1964/UM) so I will also keep my eye open for that unless you are ruling them out for some reason.

While we are on the subject of timbre I think that the key is the FX700s diaphragm material (wood) not to mention the housing and brass enclosure that I'm sure refine things more to extent. Timbre just seems to stand out on a dynamic driver when the material used for the driver coincides with certain recording instruments, the EX1000s inovative use of a polymer diaphram/magnesium housing  also produce great results as some report. It would be pretty amazing to see a combination of a custom dynamic driver design ala JVC/Sony into a custom mold and perhaps experiment with the use of some BA drivers like UM is doing as that territory isn't as explored. Hopefully with time we will see some more companies take risks in the custom realm as it will be quite interesting. I personally don't have any interest in customs at the moment as I think the universal realm is taking good steps forward but I'll keep my eyes open to upcoming possibilities. 

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #155 of 1,181

Quote:
Well kendric, there are also other options in (1964/UM) so I will also keep my eye open for that unless you are ruling them out for some reason.

While we are on the subject of timbre I think that the key is the FX700s diaphragm material (wood) not to mention the housing and brass enclosure that I'm sure refine things more to extent. Timbre just seems to stand out on a dynamic driver when the material used for the driver coincides with certain recording instruments, the EX1000s inovative use of a polymer diaphram/magnesium housing  also produce great results as some report. It would be pretty amazing to see a combination of a custom dynamic driver design ala JVC/Sony into a custom mold and perhaps experiment with the use of some BA drivers like UM is doing as that territory isn't as explored. Hopefully with time we will see some more companies take risks in the custom realm as it will be quite interesting. I personally don't have any interest in customs at the moment as I think the universal realm is taking good steps forward but I'll keep my eyes open to upcoming possibilities. 

True! And i feel that its possible that the special material which MG6PRO utilized to seal the dynamic driver in, is to a certain degree, capable of aiding the sound in a way the special polymer is to EX1000, Wood housing is to FX700 - Then the repetitive description of 'sounding real' will make more sense to everyone.

And talk about more companies coming up with customs, I cant imagine a Monster Customs LOLOL, I can even imagine how's it like

It will probably goes :

"Introducing Monster Turbine Impulse - The proprietary monster technology of custom dynamic driver design, delivers bone rattling bass, arctic highs and luscious mids that the artistes working hard in the studio wants you to hear it. Hearing sound with such magnificent dynamics in a snug-fit custom shells has never being achievable thanks to innovative and advanced Monster Technologies.

Bottom-line = If you have heard the Lady Gaga by Dr Dre & not the Turbine Impulse Customs, You have never truly experience the heartbeat of music"

Above-mentioned is meant to be a joke and a lil humor. (In case dear attorneys from Monster Law Office is going to issue me a letter of scandal for brandishing the "Monster" name casually)

Felt a lil dash of deja vu of exaggeration? ROFL

Apr 8, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #156 of 1,181
Just to clarify.  DDs have an inherent physical advantage in reproducing accurate timbre in the low end and dealing w/ reverb and decay characteristics.  Doesn't mean there aren't BAs that can't do a very good job and compete w/ DD's nor does a DD guarantee it.  Plenty of DDs with poor timbre down there but even more so when it comes to BAs.  So far, the ES5 bass driver is the only BA I've heard that come closest to nailing that low end timbre, decay, reverb and texture as it sounds naturally.  The IERM is not too bad but its on the analytical side but still pretty musical and natural considering.  Haven't heard any other customs or demo.  

BAs don't have an inherent coherence problem, it's the use of crossovers that can be problematic if the designer haven't done enough to tune the drivers properly.  A DD w/ two drivers can have issues much like I had w/ the Radius DDM as well as 3+ drivers in a BA.  Most dual BA's seem to do better no doubt due to the more simplistic design.  Most 3+ BA's have been objectionable to my ears but so far my ES5 has been rather superb by comparison thankfully.   

Apr 8, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #157 of 1,181
Well said, Anax and one of the main reasons why I have liked single drier dynamics, while dual BAs tend to be more consistent than 3+drivers iems. 

Apr 8, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #158 of 1,181

Quote:
"Introducing Monster Turbine Impulse - The proprietary monster technology of custom dynamic driver design, delivers bone rattling bass, arctic highs and luscious mids that the artistes working hard in the studio wants you to hear it. Hearing sound with such magnificent dynamics in a snug-fit custom shells has never being achievable thanks to innovative and advanced Monster Technologies.

Bottom-line = If you have heard the Lady Gaga by Dr Dre & not the Turbine Impulse Customs, You have never truly experience the heartbeat of music"

Quote:
 Plenty of DDs with poor timbre down there but even more so when it comes to BAs.  

True.

@Kendric, Speaking of housing for some odd reason the Atrio is made of plain plastic but sounds nice, I think the Pana's timbre comes from it's zirconia as does the Fx700 from what ever that extra long diagram shows. It might have more to do with the driver in certain DD wise or not who knows. I don't really care just as long as it sounds nice.

Apr 8, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #159 of 1,181

Quote:

True.

@Kendric, Speaking of housing for some odd reason the Atrio is made of plain plastic but sounds nice, I think the Pana's timbre comes from it's zirconia as does the Fx700 from what ever that extra long diagram shows. It might have more to do with the driver in certain DD wise or not who knows. I don't really care just as long as it sounds nice.

Hmm True. I am looking forward to the Mg6pro, lets hope these will be a worthwhile upgrade from the mg7, while inks said about narrow soundstage (tip-relative), one things kunlun has at least said is the spaciousness of MG6PRO, And i PMed him about it and he told me depending on the vents it will minimum have a soundstage of MD's scale.

If the previous Atrios really have a crampy soundstage, I will be piqued and curious on how wide the soundstage of FS has became when we talk about transition to custom levels, Cant wait! =)

Apr 8, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #160 of 1,181
The Atrios don't have much venting.  They have some tiny holes located near the base of the nozzle.  I assume this contributes to the smaller soundstage but it also means really good isolation.  Since the customs have adjustable vents, I wouldn't be surprised with them having a much larger soundstage.  I hope FS offers more venting options in a future Atrios model.

Apr 8, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #161 of 1,181
I would think the soundstage would be nice. Considering other customs don't have vents this gives the MG6 pro an advantage. Ethier you can get a regular custom sound (closed). Or get a sound no other custom can replicate (open). Sounds like my first custom. Still interested in quads though I can't curse Head-fi I can only curse my own damm self. But then their no cursing because I'm hearing good audio so who am I to complain.

Apr 8, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #162 of 1,181

Quote:
Kunlun please post some more on how the Atrio smashed the JH16.

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

Sure, it was very, very clear that the JH16 simply didn't sound real when comparing it directly against the MG6Pro. Cymbals, for example, on the JH16 sounded tinny and fake. Violins and women's voices didn't quite sound right, either. The bass had quantity, but lacked that living bass energy that dynamic drivers have. Maybe someone who hadn't heard a top-quality dynamic like the MG6Pro would think the JH16 was okay, but in direct comparison there was no contest. I actually understated the differences to avoid fanboy trolls, but since Team Retard has shown up, I guess there's no reason to say anything but the total truth: The MG6Pro was clearly superior to the JH16 in the most basic task of an earphone: Realistic portrayal of vocal and instrumental music. The soundstage with the LFVs open was better and more spacious as well. I was shocked as my bias was that the JH16 would be as good as the fanboys say it is. It was very disappointing in comparison with the MG6Pro. I think people who like multi-armature designs should probably go with the Westone ES5, which a reviewer I trust speaks highly of. For those who like dynamics, it's the MG6Pro all the way.

Apr 8, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #164 of 1,181

Inks said:

I didn't read the review, but I honestly didn't need to

Inks: Why read when you can post garbage opinions without any thought at all!

Apr 9, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #165 of 1,181
Sorry but calling my opinions garbage isn't helping your cause either, please for the sake of the forum/discussion detract from name calling. My standing has been made already on certain conclusions you've made, unless you have something new to provide let's just leave it at that. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back