Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Dec 31, 2011 at 8:20 AM Post #4,366 of 4,469
Finally got this back from repair and I gotta say, I've kept this headphone through everything for a reason. It is lovingly balanced. Little bit of everything: fun bass, clear mids, sparkly highs, pretty good soundstage, great comfort, build quality is a bit lacking but when a $160 pair of headphone sounds better than $300 pair (IMHO this is easily better than Westone 3 and UM3X). I listen to this over my HD600 sometimes even.

Dec 31, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #4,367 of 4,469
DBA-02 MK II stock arrives at MusicaAcoustics in 2 weeks. According to Dimitri, the price of it will be higher too...

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Jan 15, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #4,371 of 4,469
as far as i know they aren't released yet, so no photos
FA representative said on local forum that cable would be the same as in Oldskool'70 model, and overall sound signature could be a bit less bright due to different body size
Drivers and filters are the same

Jan 15, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #4,372 of 4,469
Jan 15, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #4,373 of 4,469
Flat cables? Eek... I have flat cables on my BA200, and they're definitely overrated... I guess I'm keeping my "Mk I"... Less bright signature is welcome though, as is that much more robust looking strain relief.

Quote:
as far as i know they aren't released yet, so no photos
FA representative said on local forum that cable would be the same as in Oldskool'70 model, and overall sound signature could be a bit less bright due to different body size
Drivers and filters are the same

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #4,376 of 4,469
Got it in my ears now! Lovely sound. I wonder why I didn't go for this when it first came out. Reminds me very much of the CK10, though a little less bright if I'm to be sure, and a little more laid back. The square cables are a bugger for me and I'll have to find a cinch, but otherwise, love love love.

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #4,377 of 4,469
Quote:
Got it in my ears now! Lovely sound. I wonder why I didn't go for this when it first came out. Reminds me very much of the CK10, though a little less bright if I'm to be sure, and a little more laid back. The square cables are a bugger for me and I'll have to find a cinch, but otherwise, love love love.

Rumour is that the Mk. II is less bright than its predecessor... those square cables are ruining it for me; otherwise I'd immediately purchase them.

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #4,378 of 4,469
Heya Chief. I sold my pair last year and bought it back just tonight :p The treble is really to die for. (MDR7550 is my bass to die for and well I think the UEsf5v2 is my mids reference hence the reshell). Will let my kid use the DBAs :p

Quote:

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #4,379 of 4,469
Which did you sell? And for what reason? And, who's chief? The CK10 is perfect top for me, but these DBA-02 MKII are very very nice.

Quote:
Heya Chief. I sold my pair last year and bought it back just tonight :p The treble is really to die for. (MDR7550 is my bass to die for and well I think the UEsf5v2 is my mids reference hence the reshell). Will let my kid use the DBAs :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back