Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Apr 16, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #4,081 of 4,469
D-d-d-d-DBA-04?! Oh noooo!!!
etysmile.gif

Apr 16, 2011 at 7:07 AM Post #4,082 of 4,469
How long does it take to ship from Russia in US?

Apr 16, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #4,083 of 4,469
Apparently it's claimed not to be an upgrade.  Don't get too excited yet.

Pretty sure that in Fischer-land higher numbers mean that a product is lower down on the food chain. 

Phew. Thanks guys! My wallet has just recovered from a heart attack.

Apr 16, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #4,085 of 4,469
That`s ridiculous. (post soviet person speaking)

Apr 16, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #4,086 of 4,469
According to the tracking, they left Russia in 2 or 3 days so it's not Russia's postal service's fault, unless they put packages on a slow boat.  My guess is it sat in customs for a while.  I have no idea what really causes some packages to be slow and some quick.  I've received packages from the UK in 2 days and others in 2 weeks.

Apr 16, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #4,087 of 4,469
I've had an order in with Bugden Audio for a few weeks now... I have no real confidence on when he'll get his shipment in since communication is challenging...

I'm contemplating attempting to cancel and getting the VSonic GR07 instead. Folks seem to be characterizing it as "balanced" whereas the DBA-02 is "analytical"... I don't quite get the difference except claims that the DBA-02 might slightly over-emphasize treble while the GR07 is a touch less forward on treble and has better bass...

What I want between these two is the IEM which best represents the music as mastered, with as little colouration by the IEM as possible.

Anyway, I'm unsure... wait this no stock issue out with Bugden Audio? Or get the GR07... any thoughts? Either way it's going to be a wait...

Apr 17, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #4,091 of 4,469

Quote:
Im wondering when I'll get my replacement in since ive sent mine in about 2 months ago? lol

Back to Bugden? I'm in the same boat :frowning2: Actually received a reply two weeks ago (after the initial inquiry about warranty back near the beginning of march), apparently they were shipped. Haven't gotten them. Yet they made it to B.C. from where I am in 2 days, regular Canada post, so not sure what's going on. 

Apr 18, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #4,092 of 4,469
Well i sold my DBA because i enjoy the GR07 that much more... :wink:

Quote:
I've had an order in with Bugden Audio for a few weeks now... I have no real confidence on when he'll get his shipment in since communication is challenging...

I'm contemplating attempting to cancel and getting the VSonic GR07 instead. Folks seem to be characterizing it as "balanced" whereas the DBA-02 is "analytical"... I don't quite get the difference except claims that the DBA-02 might slightly over-emphasize treble while the GR07 is a touch less forward on treble and has better bass...

What I want between these two is the IEM which best represents the music as mastered, with as little colouration by the IEM as possible.

Anyway, I'm unsure... wait this no stock issue out with Bugden Audio? Or get the GR07... any thoughts? Either way it's going to be a wait...

Apr 18, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #4,093 of 4,469
Could someone recommend me tips that are a bit smaller than the stock small silicon tips? I don't know any of the discussed tips (olives, flex, ety...), and I would like to avoid foamies, because of their short durability. I read some good stuff about the monster super tips, which are some kind of foam-silicon hybrid, does someone if those can fit the DBA nozzle and is the sound any good?

Thanks everyone!

Apr 18, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #4,094 of 4,469
Quote:
Could someone recommend me tips that are a bit smaller than the stock small silicon tips? I don't know any of the discussed tips (olives, flex, ety...), and I would like to avoid foamies, because of their short durability. I read some good stuff about the monster super tips, which are some kind of foam-silicon hybrid, does someone if those can fit the DBA nozzle and is the sound any good?

Thanks everyone!

The Monster SuperTips' bore is way to big to fit the nozzle on the DBAs, unless you can come up with some sort of spacer to use in between the SuperTips and the DBAs nozzle. There's tip information all throughout this thread - Ety Tri Flange, the small bore Shure tips(ones that fit the SE210 and up IIRC), Klipsch Oval Gel tips, Comply P-Style foam, and a bunch more. The small Klipsch Ovals are really small.

Apr 18, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #4,095 of 4,469
Supertips come with red rubber spacers. They will fit the DBAs no problem. The sound is good, but it's doesn't help much with isolation over anything else, at least for me. The spacers also have a tendency to get stuck inside the tips when changing them out; not really a big problem, but an annoyance. I've gone back to Klipsch Ovals and Shure Olives for the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back