Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Apr 15, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #4,066 of 4,469
well I have bought a few items from GD-audiobase and still no problem at all, 100% happy with costumer service.

Apr 15, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #4,068 of 4,469
Definitely not a user error, clogged filters, moisture, etc. in my case. Either the drivers or the crossover is defective. I guess it's the risk that one has to take

+1. new item, so can't really be clogged filters, etc. I'm also inclined to think it's a dead driver or x-over, hence the volume difference.

Apr 15, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #4,069 of 4,469

Quote:
Definitely not a user error, clogged filters, moisture, etc. in my case. Either the drivers or the crossover is defective. I guess it's the risk that one has to take

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think anyone's had an issue with GD. More with the NA distributor. I doubt there are even 2% that get shipped with a problem of some sort. It's almost always going to be clogged filters, moisture, forced nozzles and tugged cables. Perhaps some of these happen too easily with the DBA and could be avoided with a different build but you get what you pay for and these issues can still be tallied to user error. It wouldn't stop me from buying them.

That's all fair enough. Still, IDK, about the 2% thing. My order from GD was in the low 300s, seems like we shouldn't be conjuring stats out of remote places.

Look, I'm not saying don't buy, I'm saying, know there are QA issues (and it will take about a month +1-2 weeks to send them back to Russia) and delays with getting stock/potential fit issues.
No one can quantify the risk for your set of circumstances, ears, time budget and wallet, but yourself.

No conjuring. Opinion as in 'I doubt'. Not claiming this happened but you can clog a filter the first time it gets inserted and never get a chance to hear them right. Apparently this was an issue and why they moved the filters. Like I said, it could be better designed to avoid this stuff but I don't see why the defect rate should be higher than anything else using similar bits.

Apr 15, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #4,070 of 4,469

Quote:
No conjuring. Opinion as in 'I doubt'. Not claiming this happened but you can clog a filter the first time it gets inserted and never get a chance to hear them right. Apparently this was an issue and why they moved the filters. Like I said, it could be better designed to avoid this stuff but I don't see why the defect rate should be higher than anything else using similar bits.

Funny, reminds me of the first time I let someone try my Etys.  Upon first insertion the tips got clogged full of wax.  Like they got dipped in Marmalade.  I was in awe.

Apr 15, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #4,072 of 4,469

Quote:
lol. you guys sound slightly disturbing with the whole earwax affair. I prefer to clean my ears after showering... Probably because I use IEMs daily, I suppose...
precious IEMs and filthy huminz - NEVUR SHARE!1oneone
biggrin.gif

I do use Q-tips about every other day but never deep.  I could be wrong but it seems I was even more concerned after getting into IEMs.  I fear pushing a bunch of gunk further down into my canal each time I use them.  I'm sure there's an audiologist that wants to slap me right now.

Apr 15, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #4,073 of 4,469

Quote:
Funny, reminds me of the first time I let someone try my Etys.  Upon first insertion the tips got clogged full of wax.  Like they got dipped in Marmalade.  I was in awe.

Ugh, gag... Um, svyr is absolutely correct. NEVUR EVUR SHAIR. Gross. Yuk.
eek.gif

Clean w/ Q-tip after shower, yessir. Skweekie kleen.
wink_face.gif

And, yeah... no issues whatsoever with my DBA's. I'm hopeful my incomming B2's will be identical.

Apr 15, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #4,075 of 4,469
The only problems I've had with no sound on one side have been not having them properly inserted and the end of the tip gets pinched closed.  My big problem is finding a tip that's fits my ears.  I've given up on foam tips because I destroy the tip every time I take it off.  I'm afraid one of these times it'll be the post that breaks instead of the tip.  Shure single flange tips work OK, but they don't isolate enough.  The big flange on the Shure triflange are too big and hurt. 45 minutes is just about the limit of what I can stand.  I've tried cutting off the biggest flange but then the tip is really to short and the whole thing doesn't work with my ear geometry.  I've ordered the large and small Ety triflange.  They're showing up the first day I'm gone for a week.

Apr 15, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #4,076 of 4,469

Quote:
The only problems I've had with no sound on one side have been not having them properly inserted and the end of the tip gets pinched closed.  My big problem is finding a tip that's fits my ears.  I've given up on foam tips because I destroy the tip every time I take it off.  I'm afraid one of these times it'll be the post that breaks instead of the tip.  Shure single flange tips work OK, but they don't isolate enough.  The big flange on the Shure triflange are too big and hurt. 45 minutes is just about the limit of what I can stand.  I've tried cutting off the biggest flange but then the tip is really to short and the whole thing doesn't work with my ear geometry.  I've ordered the large and small Ety triflange.  They're showing up the first day I'm gone for a week.

If you get the Ety tips to work but they go too deep and scratch your brain either trim them or try the Klipsch bi-flanges.

Apr 16, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #4,078 of 4,469
THERE'S A DBA-04?!

Apr 16, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #4,079 of 4,469

Users who are viewing this thread

Back