Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Jan 22, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #3,661 of 4,469
I bought my eq7 from sale forum here so dont think I could do anything now but I'll be interested to hear how the DBA sounds

Quote:
Quote:
Looks like I have to swallow my pride and get this for the second time. My Ortofon eQ7 broke down (damn cable) and will order the DBA soon.

How the cable got ripped off or what happened? do you have a picture?

P.S. By any chance did you order your e-Q7 from Dimitri  from Musica Acoustics.com?
According to Dimitri, I got full warranty service support in case of failure of my e-q5 for period of one year since date of purchase, free of charge..
Even if you did not, advice you to contact and inquiry...

Jan 23, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #3,662 of 4,469
Bugden audio has these in backorder, but I see some complaints in the product page. Anyone here got some feedback on them? My CKM-55 just passed away and I need some quality portable phones...

Jan 23, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #3,663 of 4,469

Quote:
I bought my eq7 from sale forum here so dont think I could do anything now but I'll be interested to hear how the DBA sounds

Quote:
Quote:
Looks like I have to swallow my pride and get this for the second time. My Ortofon eQ7 broke down (damn cable) and will order the DBA soon.

How the cable got ripped off or what happened? do you have a picture?

P.S. By any chance did you order your e-Q7 from Dimitri  from Musica Acoustics.com?
According to Dimitri, I got full warranty service support in case of failure of my e-q5 for period of one year since date of purchase, free of charge..
Even if you did not, advice you to contact and inquiry...

Hmm I see, Well even if you want to get DBA02, you still might be able to get your e-Q7 fixed/replaced or you prefer to trash 350US earphones?, if so let me know where so I can pick them up..
atsmile.gif

Jan 23, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #3,664 of 4,469
This may seem like a weird way to test if the DBA-02 is sealing well, but what I do is put them in till I think I have a good fit. Then while music is playing I gently nudge them in a but and let go, if the sound gets louder, fuller, more bassy but then slowly goes back to how it was before, you don't have the perfect fit. If it stays as is, you have the right fit!

Jan 24, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #3,665 of 4,469

Quote:
Bugden audio has these in backorder, but I see some complaints in the product page. Anyone here got some feedback on them? My CKM-55 just passed away and I need some quality portable phones...

I am the man behind Bugden Audio.
Those complaints were all taken care of. To give you some history, I am a full time student, and at one point between school and the intense interest in the DBA, I was completely flooded with emails. Some got lost in the process. Some people, I responded to but claim to have not received my letters.

Basically, the volume of mail flooded the system in place at the time. That has since been looked after and a new system put into place to better keep track of conversations, and I'm now ready to handle the increased volume. It's a step every business needs to make at some point as it grows, improving operations to better handle volume. For the most part I am running this myself, but if demand continues to grow, I may be able to support additional employees.

In short, those issues and their cause has been looked after, and the situation turned around for the better.

Ethan

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #3,666 of 4,469
well I remember reading here that someone's DBA-02 turned out to give low volume in one of the sides.
This has happened to me, so I would like to know if there has been found any solution as I would rather not ship them to russia and back...

Jan 25, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #3,667 of 4,469

Quote:
well I remember reading here that someone's DBA-02 turned out to give low volume in one of the sides.
This has happened to me, so I would like to know if there has been found any solution as I would rather not ship them to russia and back...

I guess you were referring to my post unless someone else has a similar problem. Things i tried to solve the problem: 1) air dried them coz i was thinking the internals might have gathered moisture inside 2) stored them in a jar of uncooked rice to keep away the moisture 3) cleaned the filters 4) and finally, disassembled them to visually check the internals myself....Inspite of all of that, problem still persisted for a few weeks then suddenly, problem solved. Haven't had a recurrence of the problem for almost a month now with daily use. Really can't tell what went wrong and am keeping my finger crossed

Jan 25, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #3,668 of 4,469

what do you guys recommend for burning these in?...if they even require it.

my pre-order is finally on its way and i cant wait to listen to them.

Jan 25, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #3,669 of 4,469
BA drivers need no burning in -- they aren't dynamic (cone) speakers.  They are ready to use.

Jan 25, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #3,670 of 4,469
^^^^^
awesome thanks.

Jan 26, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #3,671 of 4,469
I totally disagree with this statement! These IEMs definitely get better with more usage. I ride the subways in NYC, and I use comply tips. After about 4hours of usage these things opened up and sound AMAZING through my new IPOD Classic. I dont even have to use an LOD with an external amp! The Depth and imaging opened up after burn in.

Jan 26, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #3,672 of 4,469

Quote:
I totally disagree with this statement! These IEMs definitely get better with more usage. I ride the subways in NYC, and I use comply tips. After about 4hours of usage these things opened up and sound AMAZING through my new IPOD Classic. I dont even have to use an LOD with an external amp! The Depth and imaging opened up after burn in.

I totally agree with TheMaestro335, I've had the same experience twice with 2 different pairs of DBA-02 at different times. I don't think it's the brain getting use to the sound. My brother has a pair of DBA-02 that is 6 months older than mine, and in a blind test I can easily tell which pair was mine without even trying. What a lot of people don't realize it's not only the drivers that goes through changes, it's the cable as well. I love it when people that can't tell the difference always claim that it's a placebo effect or that has something to with the brain getting adjusted to the sound because the changes cannot be measure. Well I can't tell the difference between a bottle of 12 yr. Scotch vs a bottle of 22 yr. old Scotch, but some of my friends can and I don't think it's a placebo effect they're having, and I'm pretty sure when you send the two different bottles of Scotch to a lab, their chemical components would be identical.

Jan 26, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #3,673 of 4,469

Quote:
Quote:

I totally agree with TheMaestro335, I've had the same experience twice with 2 different pairs of DBA-02 at different times. I don't think it's the brain getting use to the sound. My brother has a pair of DBA-02 that is 6 months older than mine, and in a blind test I can easily tell which pair was mine without even trying. What a lot of people don't realize it's not only the drivers that goes through changes, it's the cable as well. I love it when people that can't tell the difference always claim that it's a placebo effect or that has something to with the brain getting adjusted to the sound because the changes cannot be measure. Well I can't tell the difference between a bottle of 12 yr. Scotch vs a bottle of 22 yr. old Scotch, but some of my friends can and I don't think it's a placebo effect they're having, and I'm pretty sure when you send the two different bottles of Scotch to a lab, their chemical components would be identical.

Actually, they wouldn't. While the scotch is ageing, each year in the cask causes an alcohol reduction of about 0.5-2.0%, so the 22 year old scotch could theoretically have only 90% of the alcohol content of the 12 year old scotch. on the topic of being able to tell the difference between the 2 pairs of DBAs, I've had 2 pairs of a different headphone. although they were dynamic, both were purchased at the same time, from the same store, and both before and after equal burn-ins, I could tell whether I was listening to my pair or the other pair. before you ask why I had two sets of the same headphone, the other pair was my brothers, and he was away at the time. There can be small differences in the build of the headphones that lets you distinguish between otherwise identical model headphones...

Jan 26, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #3,674 of 4,469
I have two pair of DBA's, purchased about 4 months apart. They do sound slightly different, but that is clouded by differences in filters, and the second set has been recabled with MEElec wires.

Regardless, they both sound fantastic, and the second set sounded equally different from the older pair (500-600 hours of use) when it was new and now after 150 hours or so.

If you choose to believe in burn-in of cables and crossovers, that's up to you and your golden ears. OTOH, the dynamic IEMs I've had all changed SQ during the first 25-75 hours of use, always for the better IMHO.

Jan 26, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #3,675 of 4,469
I guess everyone's entitled to their own opinion and in my case, I don't believe in burning-in IEMs, especially BA ones. Quite understandably, 2 IEMS will never sound exactly the same because I believe no 2 IEMs are exactly alike even if they are of the same brand or make. So if they sound different its because of these inherent differences and not because of this "burn-in" process. Anyway, what's important in the end is that they sound good to the listener...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back