Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Dec 24, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #3,541 of 4,469
DIY works wonders :D The only amp + LOD combo you're getting for under $100 you're getting if you buy both is probably a CMoy and.. one from iBasso? If you're lucky haha.

Dec 24, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #3,542 of 4,469
Whats the general concensus for over ear usage here , do people use the supplied guides/after market ones or run without.....l'm running w/out atm.
l'm thinking of adding some heat shrink / other diy to the strain reliefs ( will this affect warranty? ) and l might get some complys just to try as well ........l'd like to try them with an amp as well, but do'nt want to lose the portabilty and also can't really afford one :)

Loving these things and can't really see why l'd have to get anything else.........great sound and comfort , just need to make the strain reliefs tougher for peace of mind :)

Dec 24, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #3,543 of 4,469
Those ear guides are too large. If I was planning to use them I would get the ones by Phonak instead as they are much better.

Dec 24, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #3,544 of 4,469
Thanks Rawrster , yeah atm l don't use any and did'nt think much of the supplied ones either ( seemed as you said large ).......l take it you don't bother using guides much by the sound of it?

Dec 24, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #3,546 of 4,469

Quote:
Thanks Rawrster , yeah atm l don't use any and did'nt think much of the supplied ones either ( seemed as you said large ).......l take it you don't bother using guides much by the sound of it?

I have used the Phonak ones in the past as well as the ones provided by Sound Magic. However you are correct in that I don't use ear guides at all since I find a chin slider preferable to the ear guides and it does a good job of keeping the cable where it is supposed to be so I find no need for it.

Dec 24, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #3,547 of 4,469
I don't use the guides either.Over the ear, yes. Comply p-types (trimmed flat), yes.

Dec 24, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #3,548 of 4,469
Just got my Comply T-100's in the mail today.  Rolled them in my fingers and then inserted.  And...  Incredible sound!  The sibilance I was hearing is significantly diminished (though still present in a lesser degree in certain songs--I'm beginning to think I'm listening to terrible recordings, rather than blaming the IEMs) and the low-end has made it's full appearance at last (without compromising the upper end--at least to my ears).  I'm very satisfied!  A wonderful Christmas present.

Dec 24, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #3,549 of 4,469
Just got my DBA-02. Previously was listening to my unamped RE0 through my iPhone 4 and iPod Classic 6G. I'm not sure if I'm getting a good seal, but I find the treble extension and clarity on the DBA-02 to be inferior to that of the RE0. The bass, mids, and soundstage are a bit better than the RE0, but so far I'm not wowed. Could this be due to the tips I'm using? I'm currently using the stock medium silicon sleeves. The small and large won't fit. Triflanges have never suited me. There are two other paris of silicon tips provided which are similar to the Sony Hybrids, but since the RE0 has shallow insertion and this a deeper insertion, the stiffness of the Hybrids don't work so well for me. I find the medium stock single flanges to be the most comfortable and having the best seal, but I'm not too sure. How do I know if I'm getting a good seal? I've heard a lot about the Comply T100s, but what characteristics do they accentuate in the earphones?

Dec 25, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #3,551 of 4,469

Quote:
Just got my DBA-02. Previously was listening to my unamped RE0 through my iPhone 4 and iPod Classic 6G. I'm not sure if I'm getting a good seal, but I find the treble extension and clarity on the DBA-02 to be inferior to that of the RE0. The bass, mids, and soundstage are a bit better than the RE0, but so far I'm not wowed. Could this be due to the tips I'm using? I'm currently using the stock medium silicon sleeves. The small and large won't fit. Triflanges have never suited me. There are two other paris of silicon tips provided which are similar to the Sony Hybrids, but since the RE0 has shallow insertion and this a deeper insertion, the stiffness of the Hybrids don't work so well for me. I find the medium stock single flanges to be the most comfortable and having the best seal, but I'm not too sure. How do I know if I'm getting a good seal? I've heard a lot about the Comply T100s, but what characteristics do they accentuate in the earphones?

If you listen to a rock band like Rush, not hearing the drum kit punch and pop means your seal is off.  You can get bumping bass w/ a good seal.  Plenty of discussion in this thread about tips and seal.

Dec 25, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #3,552 of 4,469

If you listen to a rock band like Rush, not hearing the drum kit punch and pop means your seal is off.  You can get bumping bass w/ a good seal.  Plenty of discussion in this thread about tips and seal.

237 pages! I really don't know how to go through that many pages. I did look through the last few pages, and saw a few comments on the comply tips, most said they were really good, but one poster claimed the T100 makes the top end sound veiled, which is absolutely not what I want.

Dec 25, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #3,554 of 4,469
Quote:
Still havn't recieved mine, and I was one of the people who pre-ordered during October...

There were some people that posted a little while back that they pre-ordered using PayPal and that the pre-order went so long that PayPal's pending payment timed out. They eneded up having to re-order. You should check your emails for some kind of pending payment cancellation or order cancellation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back