Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Dec 8, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #3,466 of 4,469

Maybe I'm imagining things then, bear in mind this is only brief A/B ing and it's the end of the day and I'm very tired 
biggrin.gif
, what little quickness I thought I perceived was minute, I'll A/B them more extensively and get back everyone with my findings

Quote:

DBA-02 is quicker? I wonder how the differences between the e-Q5 and e-Q7 in speed is then. I found the e-Q7 almost as good as the CK10 in speed and the CK10 is the fastest universal I've ever heard.

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #3,469 of 4,469
Quote:
So does anyone has any experience using the DBA's with Mystify, Arrow or Stepdance?

Like everything that plugs into StepDance, DBA-02 sounds excellent with an fuller body and better dynamic (compare to HM801's PO).

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #3,470 of 4,469
I have a Mystify coming in soon, but according to LFF, the synergy is amazing between the DBA-02 and Mystify.

So, I can't wait to hear that synergy. :D

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #3,471 of 4,469

Quote:
fyi, the tube of the er4 has a smaller diameter than the er6i. The er6i and er4 tips are not interchangeable.

Quote:
I may be much wrong but I thought that the replacement standard grey sized Etymotic ER6i-18 and ER4-18 tips was the same kind?

Oh no, that's is ER6. ER6i has almost the same diameter nozzle as ER4, just shorter in length, so tri-flanges is exchangeable on both.

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #3,472 of 4,469
Waiting for your review!!

Quote:
I have a Mystify coming in soon, but according to LFF, the synergy is amazing between the DBA-02 and Mystify.

So, I can't wait to hear that synergy. :D

The Stepdance is definitely very tempting. But will the synergy of the Mystify be better? And its cheaper i think... haha
Quote:
Quote:
So does anyone has any experience using the DBA's with Mystify, Arrow or Stepdance?

Like everything that plugs into StepDance, DBA-02 sounds excellent with an fuller body and better dynamic (compare to HM801's PO).

Dec 11, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #3,474 of 4,469
Oh why or why can I not stop listening to Rush through my DBAs tonight!  Holy cow.  
eek.gif
  Neil Peart's drum work is just sick.....
blink.gif
  YYZ again, looks like I won't be sleeping once more.

Dec 11, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #3,475 of 4,469
I highly recommend the Klipsch bi flange tips that came on my C2's. They never worked well on the C2's for me because of the design of them. I couldn't get them deep enough to seal. On the DBA's they isolate well, they insert much easier than the stock triple flanges and they don't too deep. The also keep a lower profile.

I get such a good seal, I have to pull them out very slowly so I don't suck my eardrum out.
wink.gif

Dec 11, 2010 at 7:13 AM Post #3,476 of 4,469
Quote:
Oh why or why can I not stop listening to Rush through my DBAs tonight!  Holy cow.  
eek.gif
  Neil Peart's drum work is just sick.....
blink.gif
  YYZ again, looks like I won't be sleeping once more.

The DBAs do rock drums as well as they do hip hop drums.  Funk breaks are so lush and filled out.. neck snapping snares hit with crystal clear clarity and tone.  Dusty samples have so much character 

It's a phone that covers a dichotomy of sorts.. I've had the FA-004s for about a week now and their mids seem to be distant cousins of the DBA.. another great phone that's closed, yet sounds quite open.  I truly enjoy the Fischer Audio house sound.. laid-back but retaining lots of detail and crispness. 

Listening to Reflection Eternal's "Train of Thought".. Hi-Tek's beautiful production truly shines through these phones.. the instrument separation has a hypnotizing effect.  Every instrument and sample appears in it's own space with great definition.  Tool's "Parabola" was a sonic journey.  I could listen to the track five or six times in a row and follow a different instrument every time.

I accidentally shoved the stock-single flanges further in my ear and was pretty blown away by the warmth they possess if inserted deeper.. as you guys have been saying in this thread.  A deep fit is key with these phones.  For those who though these were too fatiguing.. maybe you guys didn't get a deep enough fit?

As ridiculous as it sounds, the Fiio E5 has been a great companion to these w/ the 3GS.. even without the bass boost, it adds some nice weight.

I ordered the Klipsch bi-flanges two days ago.. can't wait for them to arrive.

Dec 11, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #3,478 of 4,469
So I'm about to score myself a pair of DBA-02s.  Can anyone comment on the 'body' of the sound coming out of these?  Just had a pair of RE-262s that I gifted away and those had excellent body on some songs (not sure why only some), almost sounding like some of the better full-size cans.  I really don't like thin-IEMs as I don't feel as taken into the music.

And where are you guys getting these Klipsch double flanges?  How does the comply-100's change the sound signature (similar to the Klipsch doubles?)?  I like more of a balanced yet   s l i g h t l y   warm sound.

Dec 12, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #3,480 of 4,469
@ FlySweep.
Indeed ! Deep makes them perfect.

@ sphinxvc.
All I use is Comply. P-type is best for my ears, but I also have used the T-100. They are a little shorter and are good if I don't want complete isolation. With the P-type, if you trim the overhang flat to the plastic core, the sound will remain virtually unchanged. Untrimmed they might reduce the highs slightly (which may be a plus for some...).

@ Anaxilus.
Peart is a god... Limelight. 'nuff said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back