Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Dec 14, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #3,496 of 4,469
Agreed, but if you feel the need to EQ don't forget...plus it's a J3  
basshead.gif

Dec 14, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #3,497 of 4,469

Quote:
I think fit and tips will be a better friend to you first and foremost than EQ or other 'effects'.

thanks Anaxilus (see i spelt it right :) ) , i will try what you said confispect. I liked the bbe headphone. not too much a fan of the BBE 3dbass BBEviva etc... since they lay the emphasis on one BBE effect only, BBE headphone are well rounded and i use it too with my HD 650. The J3 Eq is really good, wonder about the dac component that i deem really great in this one. feels like having at least a good preamp to go along with a portable amp i don't own yet....curious about fisher's one :)

by the way: I m not a big fan of tri flanges, any recommandations? anything else than olives? Did they come up with a new funny shape for them? :p

Dec 14, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #3,498 of 4,469

Quote:
Quote:
I think fit and tips will be a better friend to you first and foremost than EQ or other 'effects'.

thanks Anaxilus (see i spelt it right :) ) , i will try what you said confispect. I liked the bbe headphone. not too much a fan of the BBE 3dbass BBEviva etc... since they lay the emphasis on one BBE effect only, BBE headphone are well rounded and i sue it too with my HD 650. The J3 Eq is really good, wonder about the dac component that i deem really great in this one. feels like having at least a good preamp to go along with a portable amp i don't own yet....curious about fisher's one :)

1+

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #3,499 of 4,469

Quote:

by the way: I m not a big fan of tri flanges, any recommandations? anything else than olives? Did they come up with a new funny shape for them? :p

I mostly use Comply P-type (w/ overhang trimmed flat to the core). Great comfort, isolation and no sound degradation.

Dec 14, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #3,501 of 4,469
The Klipsch small/medium tips arrived yesterday.. and they were too small for my ears so I've gone and ordered the 2x-flange large tips.  Also, I ordered the Headstage Arrow HE w/ the USB DAC cable.. I chose it over the Mystify & others due to it's excellent portability (despite the fact it will probably never leave my house), versatility (gain, bass-boost, crossfeed, etc.), rave reviews about sound quality, & fantastic build quality.

I'll be putting the Klipsch tips & D2+ up in the FS section soon.

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #3,502 of 4,469

Have you tried using the small stock single flange tip (colored black)? I normaly use medium sized tips with my other IEM's but with the DBA's, I use the small tips. You have to insert them really deep though and ironically, they are the most comfortable among all other tips i tried
Quote:
Quote:

thanks Anaxilus (see i spelt it right :) ) , i will try what you said confispect. I liked the bbe headphone. not too much a fan of the BBE 3dbass BBEviva etc... since they lay the emphasis on one BBE effect only, BBE headphone are well rounded and i use it too with my HD 650. The J3 Eq is really good, wonder about the dac component that i deem really great in this one. feels like having at least a good preamp to go along with a portable amp i don't own yet....curious about fisher's one :)

Dec 15, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #3,503 of 4,469
I tried them, I guess in your case your canals "shrink" enough at this depth but it's not my case, they'd just tickle :) I'm interested in the complys now, seems they could provide the best seal from what I read, but they don't seem to have french resellers, didnt find on ebay either :s

edit: oops my bad http://cgi.ebay.fr/Comply-Westone-Eartips-Foam-Tips-um3-westone-3-um2-um1-/330343100597#shId will go for this one, no shipping fees, well I'll have to wait alright

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #3,504 of 4,469

Quote:
I tried them, I guess in your case your canals "shrink" enough at this depth but it's not my case, they'd just tickle :) I'm interested in the complys now, seems they could provide the best seal from what I read, but they don't seem to have french resellers, didnt find on ebay either :s

edit: oops my bad http://cgi.ebay.fr/Comply-Westone-Eartips-Foam-Tips-um3-westone-3-um2-um1-/330343100597#shId will go for this one, no shipping fees, well I'll have to wait alright

Don't know if you are referring to the Klipsch gels.  If so you can extend the tip length by not pushing it down all the way to the base of the stem.  Plus the housing does not sit as it would w/ other tips.  You can actually rotate the housing by pushing it further into your canal if your ears allow.  You will actually have the pointy end of the housing poking outward rather than sitting flush along the side.

Dec 15, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #3,505 of 4,469
Has anyone who pre-ordered from Bugden but had to re-pay because of the time-out received theirs yet? Paid again and its been a little over 2 weeks, shipping only takes 4-5 days from BC to me with purolator ground. E-mailed Ethan a few days ago and haven't gotten a response.... 

Dec 15, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #3,506 of 4,469
Sadly I ended up buying from Treoo.com with the offer on them last Saturday as I had no response after 2 emails to Ethan
frown.gif
- And frankly I would rather pay slightly more and actually get my DBA's - Seems like they will be here tomorrow, rapid shipping from Singapore - FedEx ftw!
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #3,507 of 4,469
Sorry guys, I'm still swamped - bad couple weeks for school work on top of that. Please don't think I'm ignoring you, because that's not the case. I'm switching to a support ticket system to better handle inquiries, as it seems the standard 'Contact Us' form is generating too much mail for me to handle myself, and I don't have any staff available to answer emails just yet.

Dec 16, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #3,510 of 4,469
I'm sure Ethan is pretty good most time of the year. For people who are not in school, please know that it is currently Finals Season. It's incredibly difficult to find time for leisure let alone running a business

Users who are viewing this thread

Back