Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Nov 8, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #3,106 of 4,469

Quote:
Just wanted to say the small Klipsch Bi-flange has so far given me the best seal and best SQ. Bass is better on those.

x2  Couldn't agree more.

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #3,107 of 4,469

Quote:
x2  Couldn't agree more.

Which size do you use? I use the small.

It's my favorite tip so far. I'm going to try to these on all the IEM's I get.

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #3,108 of 4,469

Quote:
Which size do you use? I use the small.

It's my favorite tip so far. I'm going to try to these on all the IEM's I get.

I try them on everything I can as well.  Their properties are just too integral to what I want my IEMs to do and in the DBA's case are very relevant to it sounding realistic and natural as opposed to thin and analytical.  I use the largest ones myself.

Nov 8, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #3,109 of 4,469
I just joined the bandwagon with a nearly new used pair.  I've only had about 5 minutes with them.  Pretty nice wow factor, warmer than my Ety's, still not the prominent bass that I found with the triple fi's and the W3's, which is a plus to me.  I have the D7000's for that.  I'm looking for traveling IEM's at the moment, so balanced and NON-FATIGUING are the requirements.  I'll spend next week with them, with just an iPhone 3GS, the Ety's with a P cable, and the DBA-02's.  Sort of a cage match, except both will be allowed to exit the cage, and face off again either with the Arrow once it arrives, or the Headroom Ultra Desk Top if I actually find some free time at home.

As to tips, I've tried the Ety tri-flanges and the shure medium grey silicon single flange so far.  I'll try the sure olives and the klipsch bi-flange at some point.  The Ety Tri's and the shure greys are both comfy, and sound roughly similar.  I am not so sensitive to sound changes with different tips though, save for Comply's, which kind of deaden the highs for me.

Nov 9, 2010 at 9:20 AM Post #3,111 of 4,469

Quote:
I'm interested to try the Klipsch bi-flange but it's not available locally, poor dog me :p

i am also interested in these tips (mainly because none of the tips i've tried so far have been 100% satisfactory), but i seem to have your exact same problem
frown.gif

anybody know of a decent online shop with good prices on these things?

Nov 9, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #3,112 of 4,469
really interesting pair of headphones. I came to head-fi to read reviews for the RE-zero and then wham! *there goes my wallet*
redface.gif

Any ways - consider the following combo:
1. RE0 with FiiO E7
2. DBA-02 unamped (I would love to buy a E7 along with this but then I did have to live off bread crumbs for a month
tongue.gif
)

Source: iPod 80 gigs, 5th Gen. Preferences range from classic rock (beatles) to Dream Theater to Porcupine tree. So, mostly rock.

Which of the above two would be a better combo?

Nov 9, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #3,113 of 4,469

Quote:
really interesting pair of headphones. I came to head-fi to read reviews for the RE-zero and then wham! *there goes my wallet*
redface.gif

Any ways - consider the following combo:
1. RE0 with FiiO E7
2. DBA-02 unamped (I would love to buy a E7 along with this but then I did have to live off bread crumbs for a month
tongue.gif
)

Source: iPod 80 gigs, 5th Gen. Preferences range from classic rock (beatles) to Dream Theater to Porcupine tree. So, mostly rock.

Which of the above two would be a better combo?

Dream Theater?  DBA by far!  I'd go for 3. which would be DBA --> Amp --> iPod LO.

Nov 9, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #3,114 of 4,469

Quote:
Dream Theater?  DBA by far!  I'd go for 3. which would be DBA --> Amp --> iPod LO.

So, the DBAs are better for rock then. And given that they are nicely balanced, I take it that they would do well with vocal music like Dido/Sarah McLachlan as well?

I really wish that I had the cash for an amp/dac, but I simply cant... Dang, if my mom finds out that I am splurging cash on earphones again, she'd disown me..
biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #3,117 of 4,469
x2! I had the RE0 plus a better amp than the E7 and sampled the DBA-02. Unamped DBA was better. Not night and day but noticeable esp. In transparency and detail retrieval outside of just the treble. Better speed and sharper transients. The right amp will give the RE0 better low extension and make them more open(more separation, not better) but nothing else was better, IME.

Nov 9, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #3,118 of 4,469
I am on the opposite. I'll take a well amped RE0 over a DBA-02 any day. Though DBA-02 is better when both are unamped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back