Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Nov 6, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #3,076 of 4,469

Quote:
I may get reprimanded for this but I finally was able to dismantle the outer housing of the monitors to wipe my stinking sweat off. It wasn't too hard actually. Here's how it looked...

Was kinda risky, I know, but I just had to do it. You can actually pry out the rubber stopper to access the internals but didnt do it to prevent any damage. This just shows that sweat can really gain access through these cracks and openings since they are not sealed

The rear rubber portion is sealed - you may have disrupted the seal while taking off the clear back. I've taken apart many DBA and that black rear portion has always been sealed well. The only place fluids could get in are where the wire comes out and the nozzle. It is possible to get fluids in through where the black portion meets the blue portion if you try, but definitely not enough to cause a problem unless you drench them for hours or something. I apply some of a special fluid to that portion in order to dissolve the glue used to hold them together and seal them.

Nov 6, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #3,077 of 4,469

Quote:
The rear rubber portion is sealed - you may have disrupted the seal while taking off the clear back. I've taken apart many DBA and that black rear portion has always been sealed well. The only place fluids could get in are where the wire comes out and the nozzle. It is possible to get fluids in through where the black portion meets the blue portion if you try, but definitely not enough to cause a problem unless you drench them for hours or something. I apply some of a special fluid to that portion in order to dissolve the glue used to hold them together and seal them.

Yes, i may have inadvertently removed the seal while removing the clear case but I've sealed it back. Every now and then, the right ear monitor gets muffled but I just blow some air into the nozzle and all is ok again. I think the filter could really be troublesome since its placed so deep within making it so hard to clean

Nov 6, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #3,078 of 4,469
Cool!

Quote:
Yeah, felt like opening Pandora's box though
redface.gif
Will give your tips config a try

Got my ear impressions today --- to remold the DBAs or to ES5 --- that is the question
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #3,079 of 4,469

Quote:
Cool!

Got my ear impressions today --- to remold the DBAs or to ES5 --- that is the question
biggrin.gif

Maybe your bank account can give you some advice.

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #3,080 of 4,469
Hello guys,

I got the DBAs a week ago and sorry to say this, but the sound signature is not my style! I plan to sell them and have already posted them on E-bay so if any of you are interested in getting your hands on a brand new pair, this is your chance
smily_headphones1.gif

I can't post the link here, but will put it up at the Gear for sale forum section!

Cheerz
Renegade

Nov 6, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #3,081 of 4,469
With the bullish local stock market I can safely go for the ES5 but being a practical not-so-old dog, I still have to justify (waiting for a comparo review perhaps) if the jump from DBA to ES5 is worth the $$$. Decisions... decisions... A reshelled DBA could be a giant killer... or a giant killed?
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
Maybe your bank account can give you some advice.

Nov 7, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #3,082 of 4,469

Quote:
Hello guys,

I got the DBAs a week ago and sorry to say this, but the sound signature is not my style! I plan to sell them and have already posted them on E-bay so if any of you are interested in getting your hands on a brand new pair, this is your chance
smily_headphones1.gif

I can't post the link here, but will put it up at the Gear for sale forum section!

Cheerz
Renegade

You seriously should give it a try for about 2 weeks or so. I initially wanted to sell mine cause i found it harsh. low and behold, now i'm just going to keep them because they sound nothing like my other IEMs. Details details details!

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #3,084 of 4,469

Quote:
^And that's detail across the freq range, from bass to mids to treble!

Agreed, for a BA these are...nice, they actually have a naturalness about them. I'm worried about the sweat problem though it hasn't affected me yet time will tell.

Nov 7, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #3,087 of 4,469
Just wanted to say the small Klipsch Bi-flange has so far given me the best seal and best SQ. Bass is better on those.

Nov 8, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #3,089 of 4,469

Users who are viewing this thread

Back