Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Jun 26, 2010 at 7:28 AM Post #767 of 4,469
So when will these be in stocks back again after a long-time-waiting? First week of July?.. But i mean Treoo, Bugden or else, but not Ebay.

Also one more inquiry, is there anyone tried Pfe PB here? These two really threw me into dilemmas by are being both real bargains.

Jun 26, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #769 of 4,469

Quote:
after 3  weeks enjoing DBA's is really traumatic going back to the X10, No DBA no joy whatsoever.
Now Russia seems farther away than ever! I hope Ethan can do some magic to ease my pain! I wish my DBA were my backup unit.
I didn't realize how good DBAs are (were) until I went back to X10 this morning.
Interesting times in IEM's world, a $350 IEM knocked out by a $160 unit!! Isn´t that the bargain of the year?
Jose

Yes. It is a bargain! You don't miss them until you don't have them. I recently went to a friends house and forgot my DBA's there!!! I had to spend an evening listening to my other IEM's and boy...did I ever miss my DBA-02's! Thankfully, I only missed them for a day.

Jun 26, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #770 of 4,469
^

I wouldn't say that much. It depends on if you have other stuff to hold you over :) If you do it's not so bad..if you don't then you would miss them quite a bit. I'm going to let my friend try them out for a couple days and my e-Q7 is not bad to have during that time.

Jun 26, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #772 of 4,469
Even with my SM3s, I would miss the DBAs. They are completely different flavors, but both really appeal to my SQ appetite.

Quote:
^

I wouldn't say that much. It depends on if you have other stuff to hold you over :) If you do it's not so bad..if you don't then you would miss them quite a bit. I'm going to let my friend try them out for a couple days and my e-Q7 is not bad to have during that time.

Jun 26, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #773 of 4,469
Maybe miss was a bad wording here. I do wish the DBA 02 was back in my possession but I do have the e-Q7 which is a good earphone and I can use it for weeks at a time if needed. It can keep me happy until I get my DBA 02 back which shouldn't take too long. If the DBA 02 was my only good earphone it might be different however.

Jun 27, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #774 of 4,469

Quote:
Even with my SM3s, I would miss the DBAs. They are completely different flavors, but both really appeal to my SQ appetite.

Now this is interesting.  What do you miss from the DBAs you don't get from the SM3s?

Jun 27, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #775 of 4,469
Is there anyone that has (or had) a Klipsch Custom 3 and can compare it's sound signature to the DBA-02.

From reading the reviews and comments on the last 52 pages (took me a while to get through 
blink.gif
) it mostly seems like these would be perfect for me.

It seems that these have better highs (which are very smooth) and mids, but I'm still unsure of how the bass is compared to the KC3. If it's around the same quantity/quality, or even a little more or less (so long as it's not a lot less) it would be great.

I listen to Rock/Alternative/Metal mainly, and there seems to be varying opinions on the DBA-02 with those types of genres...

Jun 27, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #776 of 4,469

Jun 27, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #777 of 4,469
As I said, they are different flavors, different sound signatures. I still use them both. Heck, I even use my PR1 Pros now and again, and my new Ety MC5s even. I'd miss them all. Nothing interesting. Pretty boring actually. I am a major DBA fan is all.

Quote:
Now this is interesting.  What do you miss from the DBAs you don't get from the SM3s?

Jun 27, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #778 of 4,469
I owned the Custom 3s what seems ages ago, sold them within a week. Just never cottoned to their sound signature, and they have a horrible cable, which is well known. I can't give you an honest appraisal, other than that. But my DBAs are not going anywhere, as mentioned.

Quote:
Is there anyone that has (or had) a Klipsch Custom 3 and can compare it's sound signature to the DBA-02.

From reading the reviews and comments on the last 52 pages (took me a while to get through 
blink.gif
) it mostly seems like these would be perfect for me.

It seems that these have better highs (which are very smooth) and mids, but I'm still unsure of how the bass is compared to the KC3. If it's around the same quantity/quality, or even a little more or less (so long as it's not a lot less) it would be great.

I listen to Rock/Alternative/Metal mainly, and there seems to be varying opinions on the DBA-02 with those types of genres...

Jun 27, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #780 of 4,469

Users who are viewing this thread

Back