Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
May 15, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #376 of 4,469

Quote:
I wonder if I'm the only one that actually likes the stock tips. I've had no complaints whatsoever and none of the Westone tips I tried did any better, so I stuck with the stock mediums. They seemed to add a bit of air and sparkle compared to the Westone tips I tried, with them being a bit warmer.

Medium tips were ok, but small fits me better, with small tips I can put it deeper in my ear with the same seal.

May 15, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #378 of 4,469
For me, the stock tips caused sibilance, for whatever reason. Seems the Ety tri-flanges are perfect both fit and SQ-wise. As for the cable, it's very good, among the best I have seen, only thing concerns me is the straight plug.

May 15, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #379 of 4,469
26 pages...so I may have missed what I was looking for:

For your average portable music players, say the Sansa Clip or Fuze (I have both) how does these sound? I personally like the stock buds with some EQ, but am looking for a good IEM. In particular, without any amping. Would anyone know?

May 15, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #383 of 4,469
Well I have yet to hear any phone that doesn't scale up nicely not including crappy stock phones and similar that is. These sound like 95% of the earphones on the market. They sound good straight out of a dap but they scale up with better sources.

May 15, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #384 of 4,469
Quote:
26 pages...so I may have missed what I was looking for:

For your average portable music players, say the Sansa Clip or Fuze (I have both) how does these sound? I personally like the stock buds with some EQ, but am looking for a good IEM. In particular, without any amping. Would anyone know?

A little more power is good but I think DBA-02 can run straight from Fuze just fine.

May 15, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #388 of 4,469

Quote:
No 'hiss' or at a reasonable level?

and what does HP out mean?

It means headphone. Typically there are two outputs but most mp3 players have one but some have two. They are line out and headphone out. The headphone out is the 3.5mm input for your earphones, headphones, etc. The line out requires a cable to connect it to an amp and then you connect your phones to that amp.

May 16, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #390 of 4,469
Hiss appeared on badly mastered tracks.

I tried on Slash new album normal pressing and SHMcd no hiss.
Eagle's hell freezes over XRCD version, sizziling hiss like butter on a hot pan.

Which is crazy right, hardcore rock album vs mellow pop rock setting.

JVC XRCD2 sampler compilation album, immaculate - no hiss nice lows with mids and high sparkle with very tight imaging.

They're extremely revealing and transparent, so prepare to have a love/hate relationship. They will butcher your tracks and make bad ones sound worst and good ones better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back