Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
May 13, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #361 of 4,469
Does anyone know what is a good alternative for the Medium tips on this IEM are..?? I get a seal with the medium... but its average. The smalls dont work and neither do the large.

I have been checking out the shure foamies and silicons.. Has anyone tried these and confirmed they fit..?? Not the olives.

May 13, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #362 of 4,469
I noted earlier that the Ety gray tri-flanges are the perfect tips for me, as their sound tube starts up into the large bottom flange. They just feel to snug and really enhance the sound, and they are not uncomfy to me. Not sure how easy they are to get down under. But if you PM me, I may split a pack with you (can get them easy here in the US) and send you a couple pair, so I have a backup. Worth a try.

Oh, I have been to Perth, great city.

May 14, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #363 of 4,469
Im not good with tri-flanges... They have never been real good with a seal for me :/

Quote:
I noted earlier that the Ety gray tri-flanges are the perfect tips for me, as their sound tube starts up into the large bottom flange. They just feel to snug and really enhance the sound, and they are not uncomfy to me. Not sure how easy they are to get down under. But if you PM me, I may split a pack with you (can get them easy here in the US) and send you a couple pair, so I have a backup. Worth a try.

Oh, I have been to Perth, great city.

May 14, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #367 of 4,469
I was wondering the same thing, should it break. The strain relief near the plug is short, and using it the DBAs in a coat pocket bends the cable. Guess I can try and extend the strain relief somehow. I wish it had a Westone-type L plug.

May 14, 2010 at 9:05 AM Post #368 of 4,469

May 14, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #370 of 4,469
Ethan,

Any news on the shipment from Russia?

Also, you'd said that there was a limited quantity coming in this shipment. Are all of us with pending orders with you going to get a set?

May 14, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #371 of 4,469

Quote:
The entire back half of the earphone is strain relief. I wouldn't worry much, it's meant to bend. The cable seems to be one that a user could recable fairly easily without destroying the housing. I agree that an L plug would be nice, but this one has held up surprisingly well. I don't see any problems with it, most of my other cheaper I jack IEMs would have died by now after the abuse I've put these through.

thats good to know, can you elaborate on their warranty? Although if you can recable these easily, I think that would be much simpler and less expensive than mailing to Russia and having to deal with customs and mailservice, also good for for the iem longevity

May 14, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #372 of 4,469

May 14, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #373 of 4,469

Quote:
Im not good with tri-flanges... They have never been real good with a seal for me :/

You could try the larger of the two Klipsch double flange, if your canals aren't large.  My first try will be the large stock tips, and go from there. Pretty rare for me to be able to use stock tips, I generally need to try many sets before settling in.  A shure medium silicone tip, may well be a touch larger than the medium from FA. They are a bit larger than most. I have asked Ethan, and he says the nozzles are about the same. And should fit fine. Others have confirmed this.
Hope you find the right tips, some may not agree, but it's always a huge factor for my ears/canals.

May 14, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #374 of 4,469
@ethan: I hope so. Well I'm not in a rush to get them since I have my e-Q7 and CK10 to hold me over but I am wondering how these sound

@search: I quite agree. However stock tips are usually a big miss for me. Either they suck and sound horrible or they sound great but are uncomfortable. Olives usually were the answer for the smaller nozzles but I'll find out when I do some experimenting with these.

May 15, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #375 of 4,469

Users who are viewing this thread

Back