Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
May 8, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #301 of 4,469

Quote:
Outdone the PFE? No doubt. I A/B'ed them both yesterday. I haven't really started my reviewing yet but so far I think DBA-02 is going to be close to the top tier status.

looking forward to your opinion, that simple sentence above really push my button to the limit.
i really like PFE sounding, and if this really outdone the PFE theres noway i wouldn't buy with that price range.

May 8, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #302 of 4,469
Could someone in the loop please get on to FA and politely suggest that they give ljokerl some samples to review? I feel that both we as a community and they as a company are missing out.

May 9, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #303 of 4,469

Quote:
Could someone in the loop please get on to FA and politely suggest that they give ljokerl some samples to review? I feel that both we as a community and they as a company are missing out.

If joker wanted, he could always ask.
Ppl in the loop can only suggest but ultimately the decision lies with HQ.
It is not cheap by Russian standards to send out so many samples - all the products send to Clieos can be equivalent to someone's paycheck, quite handsome one in Russia.

Email is on the website.

May 9, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #304 of 4,469
It has taken me a few days to get used to these babies... Wow. As LFF said they are very natural sounding! Quite clear and the instrument seperation is done quite well. One thing i have had trouble with is a fit! Like all IEMS, they are dependant on seal, otherwise they sound quite bad and hollow. I can manage to get a good seal with the supplied mediums, but i will consider looking at other tips soon. These are a steal! All the frequencies seem to go together quite well, the bass is very punchy!

May 9, 2010 at 9:57 AM Post #307 of 4,469
Quote:
mind share with my about DBA-02 nozzle size? It's same size with Eterna or UE?

No. it is 3.5mm in diameter. Olive can be forced in though I won't recommend it. Comply T100 is perfectly matched.

May 9, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #308 of 4,469
I've also noticed that the Monster tips work, despite being closer to a UE size. They're sort of in between, just tight enough to work with the DBA-02. Westone tips work no problem, perfect fit. Are Shures slightly smaller than Westone tips? As for the strain relief, it consists not only of that little external portion but also goes down and consists of the back half of the earphone inside the clear shell.

May 9, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #310 of 4,469

Quote:
It has taken me a few days to get used to these babies... Wow. As LFF said they are very natural sounding! Quite clear and the instrument seperation is done quite well. One thing i have had trouble with is a fit! Like all IEMS, they are dependant on seal, otherwise they sound quite bad and hollow. I can manage to get a good seal with the supplied mediums, but i will consider looking at other tips soon. These are a steal! All the frequencies seem to go together quite well, the bass is very punchy!

I had fit problems with the OEM silicones, but tried a pair of Etymotic tri-flanges (grey) and they are now among the most comfortable IEMs I have ever owned. Shure tri-flanges also work, but you have to cut the stalk deep into the large flange at the bottom (the Etys are already made that way).

But the sound, wow, I am so very impressed having used them for the last 2-3 days. They are a steal, quite literally. Thanks again, LFF.

May 9, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #313 of 4,469
Quote:
looking forward to your opinion, that simple sentence above really push my button to the limit.
i really like PFE sounding, and if this really outdone the PFE theres noway i wouldn't buy with that price range.

Same here!
beerchug.gif

May 9, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #315 of 4,469
on russian forums some people think they are too bright and sibilant at times. i had to say this 'cos i've red this. some people. but they are strange in russia and think that sa6 with impedance adapter is the best universal iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back