REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Oct 1, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #1,847 of 2,116
Just got back my freshly re-cable mod of the FA-011

Looks great!  It appears to be Brian's new SPC cable.. I had him make an 8-strand, HD600 cable with it, as wel.. what a great cable.  Is that terminated to an mini/XLR on the other end? I'm very interested to hear how it sounds in balanced mode if it is!

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #1,848 of 2,116
Looks great!  It appears to be Brian's new SPC cable.. I had him make an 8-strand, HD600 cable with it, as wel.. what a great cable.  Is that terminated to an mini/XLR on the other end? I'm very interested to hear how it sounds in balanced mode if it is!

I went single ended. It is his SPC cable. Wonderful cable, soft and flexible. Really like it.

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #1,849 of 2,116
Quote:
I went single ended. It is his SPC cable. Wonderful cable, soft and flexible. Really like it.

Can I get more info about your mod?  Thanks!

Oct 5, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #1,851 of 2,116
At last
beyersmile.png

Took 4 weeks from GD Audiobase but they came in the excellent carry bag so I'm happy:)

Oct 5, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #1,853 of 2,116
Oct 19, 2012 at 7:27 AM Post #1,854 of 2,116
Quote:
I had BTG Audio take out the original cable and re-terminate with detachable mini-xlr, right angled 1/8 plug and custom spc cable.  

Thanks for the info!

After finishing reading the whole thread, seriously, lol, I just have a couple questions.  

I saw LFF and a couple other people mention the o2 amp and odac, but no real comments on how well it works on the fa-011, so does anyone have any experience in that area?  Thanks!

I'm hoping to pick these up once frog beats gets them back in stock.

Oct 22, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #1,857 of 2,116
It was the same a couple of weeks ago. I had a pending order at that moment and got pretty scared 
but after a couple of days their site was back again and my order arrived as promised.

Nov 28, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #1,859 of 2,116
I used to drive my fa011 directly from my pc (creative audigy2 and kx drivers). the sound level was adequate.

Today I have got my O2 (I just could test them for an hour because it’s a xmas present) and tried them with the FA011, the first impression was mainly that the fa011 could produce high tones. the bass hasn't changed at all, its sounds actually less because of the more higher tones. I am a little bit disappointed because of this fact. Mainly because in this thread was suggested that FA011 amped would be better with sub bass (with is not the case, maybe this is true with other amps? Amps that are colored )

But the upside of the more higher tones is that the fa011 sound wider.
As an example http://soundcloud.com/bopiliqod/nsdfs the rain, crow and thunder sounds a lot better.

Nov 28, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #1,860 of 2,116
If you want to cut some of the highs out, but don't use an eq, then you could get one of these, http://www.ebay.com/itm/ETYMOTIC-ER4P-ER4S-RESISTOR-ADAPTOR-3-5MM-PLUG-/290372905689

I have found the standard 75ohm version trims just enough highs for my taste, but I tend to like bright headphones (these FA-011's are my favorite).  I also bought a 120ohm version, but I felt it cut the highs back too much.  Note that using one of these adaptors requires more volume to achieve the same listening level.

I thought my FA-011 was more "punchy", "tight", and "open" sounding when amped, but it has been a long time since I listened to it unamped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back