REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
May 31, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #1,756 of 2,116
I just read like 30 pages on this topic and i'm a little bit confused about batch and build, Is that natural wood version currently on sale from GD Audiobase is a good one? or we can't know at all?
On the other hand, it seems there is some trouble to find the right amp/dac for the FA-011, then is it works well with a cheap Xonar DG? I can't spend more ...

Jun 1, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #1,757 of 2,116
The natural wood is the latest version, but ordering from GD-audiobase seems entirely useless at the moment. I ordered 3 weeks ago and they haven't shipped yet, I emailed asking to cancel my order since I've found a pair now but haven't had a reply. I'll give him another week then try contacting Moneybookers.

Jun 1, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #1,758 of 2,116
Hmm different to DefQon I actually find the FA011 / EF2 pairing to be quite very nice! *Minus the very to get rid of the new toy syndrome, but it really smoothed out the highs and liquidified the whole presentation.

So I guess for those who find the FA011 highs to be untolerable, maybe you can look into that dac/amp as opposed to some solid state fiio offerings :)

I like it more from the EF2 than from the E10 anyways. I did have some NOS GE tubes in it and couldn't be bothered rolling the stock tubes back in to compare.

Jun 1, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #1,760 of 2,116
After skimming over this thread these seem like these would be the perfect foil for my Grado collection.  Unfortunately they seem to be out of stock everywhere!  Does anyone know of any places that have stock or why there is no stock? Im based in the UK so nearer the better.

Regards
Dan

Jun 1, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #1,762 of 2,116
After skimming over this thread these seem like these would be the perfect foil for my Grado collection.  Unfortunately they seem to be out of stock everywhere!  Does anyone know of any places that have stock or why there is no stock? Im based in the UK so nearer the better.

Regards
Dan

I contacted Frogbeats and they said that they will restock hopefully within the month.
Noisy Motel said that it's going through customs now too.

Jun 1, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #1,763 of 2,116
Great thanks!

Its my birthday on the 17th so hopefully i can avoid some wife-aggro for "buying another set of bloody headphones"
wink_face.gif

L3000.gif

Jun 1, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #1,765 of 2,116
I know Dimitri at Musica Acoustics has a bunch of these. I was quite sure I was going to get a loaner, but the one he was going to let me take went bust. As I've said before, I really like these as long as they are in good shape. The first ones I tried had a cable problem and sounded awful. 

Jun 7, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #1,766 of 2,116
Quote:
The natural wood is the latest version, but ordering from GD-audiobase seems entirely useless at the moment. I ordered 3 weeks ago and they haven't shipped yet, I emailed asking to cancel my order since I've found a pair now but haven't had a reply. I'll give him another week then try contacting Moneybookers.

Any news from GD Audiobase ? I want to do an order but if you don't have news and since they don't respond to an email that I sent them five days ago, I'm a little bit scared.

Jun 7, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #1,767 of 2,116
Noisy motel has stock~

Jun 7, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #1,768 of 2,116
Quote:

Any news from GD Audiobase ? I want to do an order but if you don't have news and since they don't respond to an email that I sent them five days ago, I'm a little bit scared.

Nope, haven't heard anything. Moneybookers is giving him 5 days to respond then they'll consider it a "confirmed non-delivery". Hopefully that means I'll get a refund!

Jun 7, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #1,769 of 2,116
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180901008555&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Jun 7, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #1,770 of 2,116

Users who are viewing this thread

Back