REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Mar 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #1,606 of 2,116
I purchased my RPM 33 1/3rd via Headsound.  Sebastian helped me out immensely with any problem I had with my purchase.  From my experience, Headsound's customer service is world class!!!

Headsound/Old Skool rom experience:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/589230/portable-headphone-fischer-audio-old-school-rpm-33-1-3-pics-flysweeps-impression

Quote:
<Update>
PS: As a note, I've perused their facebook page where it seems at least someone speaks behind the dark curtain..

Though, I note the only real vendor it seems who is actually receiving shipments is "HeadSound" in Berlin..although the site is German, they DO ship world-wide.

They too seem very young and disorganized per the posts, and responses to genuine interest, and attempts to make payment, etc..

I do not wish to promote misinformation, but although this group seems to be a young(er) band of audiophiles working in a basement trying to make a dream come true, which I admire, and gives it all a very fresh  and eccentric aire to it all, they are not entirely ready to go public just yet it feels to me.

Much less for massive sales, much less, world-wide sales...

They seem fun though, and honest. Wish them the best fwiw.. I may take the plunge second hand regardless...

Mar 12, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #1,608 of 2,116
After waiting for 3 weeks for my 011's to arrive, they finally did. And, the right side has no audio, trying to RMA these is going to be a nightmare, assuming GD even responds.

I guess I wait longer to see how awesome these cans are.

Mar 12, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #1,609 of 2,116
Well according to their stock page, which seems to be relatively up to date recently, they should have some fa-011s in stock at the end of this month.

Yeah, the guy got back with me and said they'd have them later this month. Eh, I may grab a pair, but some of the stuff going on with Fischer doesn't instill very much confidence.

Mar 13, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #1,610 of 2,116

Quote:
Yeah, the guy got back with me and said they'd have them later this month. Eh, I may grab a pair, but some of the stuff going on with Fischer doesn't instill very much confidence.

If you're still looking for a pair check the for sale section. I saw 2 or 3 pairs up there recently. Certainly better than waiting for the shipping.

Mar 13, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #1,611 of 2,116
If you're still looking for a pair check the for sale section. I saw 2 or 3 pairs up there recently. Certainly better than waiting for the shipping.

I have, they either:

A. Want too much.
B. Have the older version with dark wood, and I want the light.

Mar 14, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #1,614 of 2,116
demian1962, don't talk about russians this way if you don't know them. It's up to you to buy from gd-audiobase, or not to buy. You are not going to be punished if you won't purchase :wink:. I received mine pair from gd-audiobase ~3 weeks ago. Everything works fine, no smoking smell. Headphones even came with a nice FA case.

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #1,615 of 2,116
demian1962, don't talk about russians this way if you don't know them. It's up to you to buy from gd-audiobase, or not to buy. You are not going to be punished if you won't purchase :wink:. I received mine pair from gd-audiobase ~3 weeks ago. Everything works fine, no smoking smell. Headphones even came with a nice FA case.

How long did it take for you to get them?

Mar 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #1,619 of 2,116
That's not horrible, I suppose. I would just hate to wait over a month, and then end up with something that looks like a 10 year-old's science fair project. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back