REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Jan 28, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #1,471 of 2,116

Quote:
I have the straight cable version and I find the bass to be loose and not very impactful as people say. The overall sound signature is a bit loose and the mids are recessed a bit. I find the Brainwavz HM5 to be better in the mids and highs. It pawns the FA-011s imho. All the hype for nothing...

While I haven't heard the HM5/FA-003/etc, my experience with the FA-011 (straight cable) is that it has very full, smooth mids.  They aren't really forward or recessed, and do female vocals phenomenally.  This could partially be an effect of the E10 though - it has a fairly mid-centric sound signature.  I agree that, at least compared to the D2000, the bass is a bit loose and lacking in impact, but it's not bad - just different.

But hey, not every headphone works for everyone.

Jan 28, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #1,472 of 2,116
So which ones would be better to get this ones : http://www.gd-audiobase.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=5&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=102&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2  or this ones : http://www.gd-audiobase.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=5&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=148&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2 . I am asking because I read some comments that they are different, right? So which ones are the original version and which is the revision of old model?

Jan 28, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #1,473 of 2,116

The natural color is nice, but what I really want is a stand like that.  Good looking combo.
Quote:
I ran across these the other day and I don't recall seeing these posted on this thread:

FA-011 Japan Limited Edition - 15,800 yen = $205 US

http://musicaacoustics.shop-pro.jp/?pid=37260284

http://musicaacoustics.jp/products/fischeraudio

Now I'm getting confused about these, initial review made them very promising though.  If only there were stores to audition these in the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeVeeN /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ACTUALLY.. I'm constantly A/Bing and the coiled ones sound more natural and I do find them more comfortable than the straight, loose version. Either that or the left driver in the new one is screwed up. The straight version sounds a bit more.. recessed / congested to me. The coiled version sounds more full and seems to have a bit more bass.

ACTUALLY2.. I can't tell. Now it seems like the coiled version is more congested/full while the straight version has better sound stage / imagery. Can't pick.. the bass is significantly weaker (IMO) in the straight one rather than the coiled. I'm probably going to sell one. I'll see when my E9 comes cause the driver really does seem whack in the straight cable one (the one that just came. They had horrible packaging, aka just paper surrounding the cardboard box).

So people who are complaining about bass; do you have the straight or coiled version? Cause from what I can tell, the coiled version DOES have pretty impactful / deep bass. Really great for EDM.

Jan 30, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #1,474 of 2,116
So it appears that the natural wood variation is the latest revision.  GD Audiobase sent out an email announcing a new revision of the FA-011 with natural wood cups and higher-quality earpads.  They also have a limited-time 10% promo discount going.

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #1,475 of 2,116
Will anyone tell me if red & brown versions on gd-audiobase are the same? If not, which sounds better? I just read some comments saying that there are different revisions and they sounds not the same.

Jan 30, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #1,476 of 2,116

Quote:
Will anyone tell me if red & brown versions on gd-audiobase are the same? If not, which sounds better? I just read some comments saying that there are different revisions and they sounds not the same.

By "brown version", do you mean this one?:

Because that is a new revision according to the email I got from GD Audiobase (see my last post).  They claim that it sounds the same, but has higher quality wood and better pads.

I may actually pick up the new one and compare them to the dark wood straight cable version - I definitely like the natural wood better, so if they sound roughly the same, it might be worth getting them and selling the older ones.

Jan 30, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #1,477 of 2,116
All the revisions sound the same compared to the original ones anyone bought before September last year. The people who purchased after September who received the straight cable ones were more like prototype revisions of the original one which is why some people are experiencing problems like extremely tight clamp force and recessed mids and lack of bass impact. These were not a good batch. The ones GD-Audiobase manufacturing now after Jan sound the exact same compared to the original dark red 011's. Also I know a few people who purchased from frogbeats after September last year received defective "experimental" units where it sounded really crap, different colored pads, no Fischer engraving logo on the metal plate on the housing and came in the straight cable version. If you received the coiled cable version, then your version of the 011 is fine and original. 

Jan 31, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #1,478 of 2,116

If what you are saying is correct, it might explain a lot of things; The bottom line is, its a lottery, their quality control is..well there must be none.
Quote:
All the revisions sound the same compared to the original ones anyone bought before September last year. The people who purchased after September who received the straight cable ones were more like prototype revisions of the original one which is why some people are experiencing problems like extremely tight clamp force and recessed mids and lack of bass impact. These were not a good batch. The ones GD-Audiobase manufacturing now after Jan sound the exact same compared to the original dark red 011's. Also I know a few people who purchased from frogbeats after September last year received defective "experimental" units where it sounded really crap, different colored pads, no Fischer engraving logo on the metal plate on the housing and came in the straight cable version. If you received the coiled cable version, then your version of the 011 is fine and original. 

Feb 3, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #1,479 of 2,116

Quote:

So I just want to sum it up, the red version & the black version on GD-audiobase are the same, yes?

Feb 3, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #1,480 of 2,116
Also, has the ordering and shipping "issues" with GD Audiobase that are well documented in this post been cleared up or can it still be a guessing game or months before you actually get what you order.  I really like the light colored wood (natural) ones but have never wanted to order some FA-011 from GD Audiobase because of all the issues people were having.  If they have been cleared up an it takes maybe 3-4 weeks to get them, instead of months on end, then i will order a pair.  Anyone have any luck with GD Audiobase and the FA-011's lately?

Feb 3, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #1,482 of 2,116
You received these ones? http://www.gd-audiobase.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=5&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=148&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2&vmcchk=1&Itemid=2 , Please tell your impressions about earphones & about vocals especially. thanks.

Feb 3, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #1,484 of 2,116
Do you live in the United States Edouard?  That is where i live so am curious since you received these in 3 weeks and i have been reading about 2-3 month nightmare orders by some.  Have really wanted to order a pair of these for the longest time but with all the troubles i have held back.  Ready to order a pair of the natural ones now but dont want to be "stung" and have a bad experience.  Did yours come with the straight or coiled cables and did it come nicely packaged or just throw in a empty box with very little padding?  Any hint of cigarette smoke?  etc....

Thanks! 

Feb 3, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #1,485 of 2,116

Quote:
Do you live in the United States Edouard?  That is where i live so am curious since you received these in 3 weeks and i have been reading about 2-3 month nightmare orders by some.  Have really wanted to order a pair of these for the longest time but with all the troubles i have held back.  Ready to order a pair of the natural ones now but dont want to be "stung" and have a bad experience.  Did yours come with the straight or coiled cables and did it come nicely packaged or just throw in a empty box with very little padding?  Any hint of cigarette smoke?  etc....

Thanks! 

I live in europe ( France ) and the natural wood color is a straight cable and no package at all, the headphone and that's it !
Here's the bundle :wink:
And no hint of cigarette smoke !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back