REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Jan 24, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #1,457 of 2,116
Actually.. I'm almost positive the sound difference is due to the clamp. The coiled (more clampy one) seems to be more forward) while the straight (less clampy) seems to be more spacious / has a larger soundstage.

Jan 24, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #1,458 of 2,116
While the natural wood does look utterly shway, as a pale caucasoid, I might prefer the red cups.  Even tan-colored sunglasses tend to make this half-Russian look peculiar more peculiar.

Getting a red-cupped auricular supporter without having to shed tears seems more of a problem. 

Question for Fischer Audio veterans: 

If waiting for three weeks isn't a problem, have people in the States found better venues to order from to avoid the issues with QC and reliability mentioned by AyeVeen?

At $149 AUD not including shipping, the only thing that might induce me to buy from noisymetal would be if the wood-matched stand in the picture were included.

Also:  This link appears to be dead and the FA-011 doesn't appear on the iDews site:

http://www.idews.com.my/webshaper/store/viewProd.asp?pkProductItem=8

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #1,459 of 2,116
I'm seriously considering getting these and an E10. Only thing holding me back is that i generally like a more prominent mid and vocal and was originally looking at the FA003. These just sound like so much fun though and a good contrast to the K240mkII i have. Any thoughs?

Jan 24, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #1,460 of 2,116

Quote:
I'm seriously considering getting these and an E10. Only thing holding me back is that i generally like a more prominent mid and vocal and was originally looking at the FA003. These just sound like so much fun though and a good contrast to the K240mkII i have. Any thoughs?

If you like the sound signature of the 240MK II's, then the FA-003's will definitely be recommended for you where both are in target of being more neutral. The FA-011's are more of a V shaped curve on the equaliser graph, where bass, treble and impact will be most important and where the 011's shine most. 

Jan 24, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #1,462 of 2,116
There is another FA vendor that ships worldwide that I recently purchased from.  Though the site is in German, it is easily translated with google & I was helped whenever I did have a problem.

http://www.headsound.de

If you guys have more questions/problems Sebastian helped me out immensely.  Looks like they have the same version I have but just email him to make sure.  sebastian@headsound.de

Close-Ups

Size-ups

UHA-4 & Zo 2.3  + FA-011/FA-004

I bought the Old Skool RPM's & they arrived in 10 days lol.  I say give them a try.

Even though the FA-011 has a V-shaped curve, the mids are not recessed at all.  <3 it

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #1,463 of 2,116
Yeah does anyone else have the old and new pairs? I can't tell if the clamp is causing the coiled one to have less sound stage or if they actually changed the design a bit. It does sound like its mainly the clamp, but while trying to replicate it the newer one sounded a bit more natural, but the cups are angled weirdly (like they don't exactly sit perfectly around my ears. They sit more leaning to the back of my ears, while the coiled / more clampy ones lean more to the front of my ears).

Jan 27, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #1,466 of 2,116
Hmmm, the imperfections make it look more natural, I think I actually prefer it with the different coloured grain in the wood.

It's funny how even the product shots show the cut out in the middle as off centre, obviously QA must be pretty shocking if they can't even get a good looking stock photo :p

I'll post some pics of mine once it gets delivered :)

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #1,468 of 2,116

Quote:
Are they switching over those natural color cups or is it just for the Japan version?

Not too sure but it's starting to look like it.  Seems like the older ones are being phased out.  No official word & you'll have to ask the selling vendor just to make sure.

Jan 28, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #1,469 of 2,116
I have the straight cable version and I find the bass to be loose and not very impactful as people say. The overall sound signature is a bit loose and the mids are recessed a bit. I find the Brainwavz HM5 to be better in the mids and highs. It pawns the FA-011s imho. All the hype for nothing...

Jan 28, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #1,470 of 2,116
The revision must have really changed something.  I <3 the mids on mine.  Glad I was able to get the original before the changes O_o;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back