REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Dec 28, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #1,411 of 2,116
Where can you get them, aside from gd-audiobase?

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #1,412 of 2,116
Dec 28, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #1,414 of 2,116
An interesting observation..may be many others know the trick before. I positioned the headphones driver slightly forward. Wow..great. The highs are not as sharp as swiss knife. Better sound stage. If you haven't tried it yet, try it now :wink:

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #1,415 of 2,116

Quote:
An interesting observation..may be many others know the trick before. I positioned the headphones driver slightly forward. Wow..great. The highs are not as sharp as swiss knife. Better sound stage. If you haven't tried it yet, try it now :wink:

Hmmm. I'll have to try that when I get home!

Dec 30, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #1,419 of 2,116
Thanks for reply. I did contact them and it led to good results. I just posted this in the the FA-003 thread:

Good news! A little background first, I ordered my pair on October 20 and they supposedly shipped the next day. After a little more than two months of waiting and a dozen or so unanswered emails from gd-audiobase I decided to contact moneybookers. After two days they just got back to me with a tracking number. Turns out I was lied to about when they shipped, but at least they were shipped.

This is the latest info:

Exports 22 December 2011 17:02 190977 St. Petersburg-Pulkovo MMPO PI-2

blink.gif
 I can't seem to get rid of the indent 
Anyway, I just checked USPS and they're in the country:

[size=1.1em] Processed through USPS Sort Facility

[size=1.1em] December 28, 2011, 7:07 am[/size]

[size=1.1em] KEARNY, NJ 07032 [/size]

[/size] (Edit again, that says New Jersey in the far right.. I'm on the west coast so maybe a few more days)

Quote:
You can also go through moneybookers. I remember reading somewhere before that one of the posters here went through them. They contacted Dmitri for the head-fier's account and since he didn't respond to them they refunded the sale. That may be your best bet since both Dmirti and Fischer aren't really getting you anywhere. :frowning2:

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #1,420 of 2,116
Mine just shipped today. No tracking # either.

@above

May I know what you included in your email to them?

Want to know if my thing really shipped or not.

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #1,421 of 2,116
I didn't include very much at all actually, I just got their contact email off their site (if you google moneybookers should find it easily) and told them I had been waiting two months for an order from gd-audiobase. I would personally wait a while longer, it's not really moneybookers job to bother their clients (gd audiobase) just for tracking numbers, but more if something doesn't show up (which I was beginning to strongly wonder about). Of course you can do whatever you want, just my 2 cents.

Quote:
Mine just shipped today. No tracking # either.

@above

May I know what you included in your email to them?

Want to know if my thing really shipped or not.

Edit: Also, they arrived! Only an hour so left of work... (but since they're the FA-002w I'll stop posting about them in this thread)

Dec 30, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #1,422 of 2,116

Quote:
I didn't include anything actually, I just got their contact email off their site (if you google mooneybookers should find it easily) and told them I had been waiting two months for an order from gd-audiobase. I would personally wait a while longer, it's not really their job to bother their clients (gd audiobase) just for tracking numbers, but more if something doesn't show up (which I was beginning to strongly wonder about). Of course you can do whatever you want, just my 2 cents.

Alright thanks. I might just have to to see :) Don't want to be one of those people who have to wait months. Surprised it shipped so early too so that's why I was wondering, considering I ordered it on about Monday or Tuesday.

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #1,423 of 2,116
I ordered mine from gd-audiobase on November 17 and they finally arrived last Monday. I got an email at some point notifying me the headphones shipped but i also never received a tracking number. After listening for a few days I am very impressed with how these sound, especially for under $200

I couldn't help but notice though the headphones had some smudges and permanent marks on them, especially on the metal plates on either side, and was somewhat surprised to see the cups of my headphones are a deep black (and even mistook them for plastic at first) opposed to "natural wood" as they appear in this thread and are described on gd-audiobase's and fischer's websites.

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #1,424 of 2,116
There was a redesign by Fischer, new headphones ship with black cups instead of the original red. Your's probably has a straight cable too I'm assuming, as they've moved away from the coiled. Sadly hearing about the marks and smudges doesn't surprise me as there have been reports of that all through these posts. Some even came with a strong smoke smell. This could be due to Russian customs inspecting the packages or due to poor handling when prepping for shipment. Don't know which, but either way it definitely sucks.

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #1,425 of 2,116
I'm very happy for those who FINALLY received the FA-011.  I purchased mine via gdaudiobase a while ago & was lucky to receive it in 9 days.  There were similar issues to support/shipping prior to my purchase but luckily I didn't have that hassle.  No smoke smell or dents/scratches.  The only "problem" was the non-circular cutouts LMAO.  But still my favorite can to listen with.  Always puts a smile on my face with music or gaming.  =)  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back