REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Dec 3, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #1,291 of 2,116
Seeing all the issues related to GD-Audiobase, and from personal experience, I say NEVER order from this site. They charge 20$ for shipping, and it takes 1 month and in my case arrived with torn off pads. And the new model of FA-011 is different.

1. It has a very dark hued wood (as discussed here extensively)
2. The cord is NOT coiled, it has a 1 feet cable (useless IMO) with a 3m extension cord.

Regarding the sound, they are a bit bright to my ears, maybe more burnin will settle this. Bass is deep and punchy. Mids are a bit recessed, though I wont complain. And you need good quality music files to enjoy them.

Dec 3, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #1,292 of 2,116
I luckily received mine in 9 days lol.  It came coiled with + extension.  The mids in mine are anything but recessed.

Can you take pics of the new design and post them up.  Intriguing 

Dec 3, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #1,294 of 2,116

Quote:
I luckily received mine in 9 days lol.  It came coiled with + extension.  The mids in mine are anything but recessed.

Can you take pics of the new design and post them up.  Intriguing 

Dang, guess you got lucky 
biggrin.gif
. So how are they? do you enjoy them?

Dec 3, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #1,295 of 2,116
I honestly <3 mine. Sparkly highs with delicious mids while providing bass with impact. The open sound stage is addicting. My favorite fun can.

Dec 3, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #1,296 of 2,116

Quote:
I honestly <3 mine. Sparkly highs with delicious mids while providing bass with impact. The open sound stage is addicting. My favorite fun can.

Nice! cannot wait to get mine for Christmas! I love fun headphones! Also I have a huge head will they still be comfortable?

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #1,297 of 2,116
Well I put a post on Fischers wall and heres the response that I got, if anyones interested.

Me: A lot of Head-Fiers who ordered through GD Audiobase have been having a hard time getting any news from Dmitry about their orders. Would you have any idea whats going on there? Some people having been waiting close to 2 months to get Fischer gear without any tracking numbers or responded emails. I know its not Fischers fault but wed all like to be able to try your great cans based on the Head-Fi reviews.

Fischer Audio GmbH

First, thank you for your patience. I personally received over 9000 letters about how bad GD's service is. Seems that he has some problems right now. I will check this out and keep you posted here at fb.
But there's still the problem that he's the only one worldwide seller who has all of our models at hand, speaks english, and works worldwide.
We do permanently searching for new partners, but as we're quite a small company and have no big advertising campaign, we have not a much feedback on that case.

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #1,298 of 2,116
Welp, that's that.

I contacted Moneybookers requesting for them to contact Dmitry and find out what the hell was going on

Apparently they took that as cancel your order and refund your money.  So after a month and a half of waiting, my order is canceled and I am not getting my headphones.  Thanks, Dmitry and Moneybookers, incredible service.

Oh, and it seems Frogbeats is out of stock so looks like I'm not getting a pair of these.  

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #1,301 of 2,116

Quote:
Welp, that's that.

I contacted Moneybookers requesting for them to contact Dmitry and find out what the hell was going on

Apparently they took that as cancel your order and refund your money.  So after a month and a half of waiting, my order is canceled and I am not getting my headphones.  Thanks, Dmitry and Moneybookers, incredible service.

Oh, and it seems Frogbeats is out of stock so looks like I'm not getting a pair of these.  

Was your order ever shipped, or was it just stuck on processing? Curious since I might just contact them as well and get a refund and spring for something else. Just seems like too big of a hassle right now. What did you say to moneybookers, btw?

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #1,302 of 2,116

Quote:

Was your order ever shipped, or was it just stuck on processing? Curious since I might just contact them as well and get a refund and spring for something else. Just seems like too big of a hassle right now. What did you say to moneybookers, btw?

I got an email the day after I ordered them saying they had been shipped.  I have no idea past that.  I sent Dmitry SIX emails, not one reply.

I only asked Moneybookers if they could contact him for me and see if they could get any information out of him.  This is what they said:

Thank you for your recent contact regarding goods/service(s) purchased from [gd.audiobase@gmail.com / gd-audiobase.com]

First of all, we would like to confirm that the transaction you are referring to has been successfully processed by Skrill (Skrill (Moneybookers)) in accordance with your explicit instructions.

In that respect, be kindly reminded that all payments within the Skrill (Skrill (Moneybookers)) system (in our capacity of a payments provider) are instantly processed, and in that sense considered final and irreversible. This is explicitly covered in our Terms of Use, you have agreed with upon initiating the transaction in question:

“9.4. ....Once funds are credited to the recipient’s Account, the transaction becomes irreversible.”

Nevertheless, we have contacted the respective merchant regarding the transaction you are inquiring about and asked for their assistance in reference to your purchase and in particular its delivery.

If the merchant does not reply within five (5) business days, we would consider your claim as a confirmed non-delivery, leading to eventual further actions that we might be in the position to take in that matter.

In order to facilitate the handling of this case, please contact us back if you receive the goods/service(s) during the course of our investigation.

Rest assured that we will keep you posted regarding the status of your case once updates are available but not later than the above-stated time frame.

With best regards,
Alexander
The Skrill (Moneybookers) Team

Then I got this today:

We would like to inform you that your refund request has been processed and we have credited the amount of USD 132.10 back to your credit/debit card (MASTERCARD, 5xxxxxxxxxxx0268). Depending on your bank, it will take up to 21 days to show on your credit/debit card account statement.

Sincerest regards,  
The Skrill (Moneybookers) Team 

So...Angry...

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #1,303 of 2,116
Id honestly take a refund at this point haha, never want to deal with audiobase again. Gonna wait and see if Fischer gets back to me again on facebook like they said they would, its only been roughly 3 and a half weeks since mine said shipped but i know theres others who ordered mid october and havent gotten anything. Might just spring for the revised HE-300s and just have a headphone to enjoy during Christmas break.

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #1,304 of 2,116

Quote:
9000 complaints????
blink.gif

Either that's a typo, or it's exaggeration for effect (maybe a deliberate reference to the "over 9000" meme):  gd-audiobase seems to number all orders sequentially, and I think they're still in the 900's.  That might not include orders through ebay, but 9000 seems very high.  900 is more a realistic number, but that it would imply that Fischer Audio heard from almost everyone who has ever ordered from gd-audiobase.  Maybe they meant 90 complaints?  Either way, that's a lot.

Anyway:
Gmork, it's very interesting to me that Dmitry was so quick to give you a refund.  If he had actually shipped your headphones in the first place, he would likely have fought against giving a refund (because then he'd be out both the headphones and the money)...unless Moneybookers threatened to stop all payments to his account.  What do you guys think?

Dec 6, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #1,305 of 2,116
Perhaps they tried to contact him, were unsuccessful, then just went ahead and refunded me?

...meanwhile the headphones are still on their way?  I can dream, right? 
redface.gif

But seriously though I have no idea what happened, I have not been told anything by either party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back