REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Nov 7, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #1,216 of 2,116

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I emailed Dmitry the day I received the item, no reply until now, its been some 2 days.
Quote:

Anyway, here are some pics.
\

Holy Crap! Demand your money back, free next day shipping both ways and a free set just for your troubles.  That is absolutely unacceptable! PROTEST! 

Nov 7, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #1,217 of 2,116
I have mailed both dmitry and the official site guys. No replies. I will never buy from GD-Audiobase again nor will I recommend/encourage anyone to do so. Pathetic service. I have a feeling that they will never respond, as they plainly just doesnt care.

Meanwhile, can someone here help me with this? Someone who might know Dmitry well, and can push my case? I bought this due to this thread alone, and so many people have them, so I guess someone can help... Thanks!!

Nov 8, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #1,218 of 2,116

Quote:
I have mailed both dmitry and the official site guys. No replies. I will never buy from GD-Audiobase again nor will I recommend/encourage anyone to do so. Pathetic service. I have a feeling that they will never respond, as they plainly just doesnt care.

Meanwhile, can someone here help me with this? Someone who might know Dmitry well, and can push my case? I bought this due to this thread alone, and so many people have them, so I guess someone can help... Thanks!!

I can help you a bit as I've purchased a lot of things in the past from GD Audio base (Spoken with Dimitry a few times via email (few problems with the IEM's which were eventually quickly resolved after I started "pushing things in a different direction").

Nov 8, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #1,219 of 2,116
Hello Guys,

I received a shipping confirmation on 21st October (I live in Belgium), since then nothing. Also he never replies to emails (talking about GD audio).

Just to check the status of your order from GD, could you please reply if you ordered recetly and did not receive your headphones yet? What order date, and destination of shipping?
I think it would very nice for all people who ordered from them to see what's the status, and if everybody is indeed getting his headset...Personnally I'm thinking if do not get a reply from them soon, I'll probably contact my bank to see what to do...

Nov 8, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #1,221 of 2,116
For me the status went to 'shipping' a few days after ordering.  Then after a few days I got the tracking number. It took a full month for the item to move from St. Petersburg to moscow Post office and then to be despatched to India. I got the item within 3 days of being shipped out of Russia.

Nov 8, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #1,222 of 2,116
Portugal Europe by now
beyersmile.png

But I think I will get 2 pairs, since the first pair have left Moscow on 29 October and the second pair on 4th November
L3000.gif

Nov 8, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #1,223 of 2,116
I just wanted to ask you guys something. I noticed something today, through the black wire mesh on the cups. A thin filament is dangling from the inside and touching the black mesh on one side. On the other side also its present, but it does not touch the mesh. Is this normal or what? Will post pics later, If I can get a proper shot of it.

Nov 8, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #1,224 of 2,116

I am interested in this as well. My pair came in from Frogbeats pretty quickly, but unfortunately one of the ears does not work. When I looked through the black mesh, I saw something similar to what you describe. I was hoping that maybe it is something I can fix. If possible, I would like to avoid sending it back and paying for shipping. 
Quote:
I just wanted to ask you guys something. I noticed something today, through the black wire mesh on the cups. A thin filament is dangling from the inside and touching the black mesh on one side. On the other side also its present, but it does not touch the mesh. Is this normal or what? Will post pics later, If I can get a proper shot of it.

Nov 8, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #1,225 of 2,116

Quote:

It's quite common for the cabling to be touching the cups or the mesh, it's no problem unless it causes distortion for you, in which case remove the cups and fold the wire out of the way.

Nov 9, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #1,226 of 2,116
Okay thanks, it clears that up nicely.

So I am using the FA-011 with a uDAC. I am not sure its driving it good enough, I have the volume knob all the way upto 75%to get to normal hearing level.  Is there a cheap dedicated amp that I can use with the preamp of the uDAC to get better results?  I have to say, the sound is pretty amazing, but I have the feeling these cans can do better.

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #1,227 of 2,116
Never used a uDAC but straight out of an astro mixamp they sound no different to coming out of my maverick D1 which has lots of power.

If the uDAC can drive them to comfortable listening levels then i wouldn't bother spending money on anything else.

Nov 10, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #1,228 of 2,116

Hmm...that makes sense. I guess I wlil stick with the udac for now.
Quote:
Never used a uDAC but straight out of an astro mixamp they sound no different to coming out of my maverick D1 which has lots of power.

If the uDAC can drive them to comfortable listening levels then i wouldn't bother spending money on anything else.

Meanwhile, fischeraudio have agreed to give me a partial refund and ship new earpads. The word 'partial' is the catch here, they are yet to tell me how much it will be.

Nov 10, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #1,229 of 2,116
I need help. Sorry for hijacking.

Quote:
FA-011 for $132, long wait, no spare earpads, no carrying case, open, woodie, great SQ, seems more like my kind of signature.
FA-006 for $98, hardly any wait, yes spare earpads, yes carrying case, close, not woodie, lower tier?, neutral (not sure if it's a good thing)

This is killing me.

Please read my situation in this thread I made.

Not sure if I should buy FA-011 from Russia that may take forever to ship/arrive (I heard from another head-fi, his status is still not shipped after so long, so maybe GD Audiobase doesn't have any stock at the moment). Or I should buy a lesser product (compared to FA-003 anyway) like FA-006 for less money. FA-011 owners, could you please leave a comment in my question thread?

Nov 10, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #1,230 of 2,116

Quote:
For me the status went to 'shipping' a few days after ordering.  Then after a few days I got the tracking number. It took a full month for the item to move from St. Petersburg to moscow Post office and then to be despatched to India. I got the item within 3 days of being shipped out of Russia.

I ordered mine on October 16th, received a status changed to "Shipped" on the 18th. I've been contacting GD Audio twice a week since then asking for a tracking number... I have yet to get a single reply and it's been almost a month since the order was made...

I'm not a fan at all of this place...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back