REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Apr 23, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #391 of 2,116
Ahhh, I see what you are saying, I'm not used to waiting a month to receive things I ordered. According to the Russian tracking site, it says that its being delivered to the addressee and that was as at April 20 and the location was St. Petersburg which leaves me very confused because the prior update to that said it had left the sorting facility.

Like you said, I am just being impatient, and I guess it is from reading everyone's impression of the phones especially those who ordered after me and have received theirs...

These are my first headphones so you can only imagine how anxious I am to get my hands on them...

Apr 23, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #393 of 2,116
hello everyone! if anyone had an exp with pro900, how does the fa011 compare to it? they kinda sound alike from what i read, im just looking to get a home headphones. to add with my tma-1s. 

Apr 23, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #394 of 2,116

Quote:
iSkullz, I had the slip that the letter carrier had left in my box. You have to sign for them and I was at work when they tried to deliver them. Hoping yours arrive soon.

Thanks, for your reply. A letter carrier? hmmm I thought these would come through USPS... well I haven't seen
any slips so I guess they haven't been to my place yet...

Well the waiting continues....

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #395 of 2,116
Had a listen to them today.  Bass was amazingly impactful and impressive.  If you want an open phone for watching action movies, this is it.  Period.  Perhaps the most powerful bass I've heard in an open phone.  Not the best quality but it is good solid bass.  Unfortunately the synergy w/ my DACPort made the treble too colored and bright for my tastes.  I'd call the treble Ultrasonish+.  I would prefer warmer gear to synergize w/ the FA011 myself.  Hifiman might be solid for these but didn't get a chance to try.  If I do I'll report back.

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #396 of 2,116
I wonder how the FA-011's bass and treble compares to the DT990, which seems to be the one to beat in terms of open headphone bass. The DT990 has the best bass I've heard in any headphone, period. Strong, yet clean, and well textured. No boominess.

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #397 of 2,116
I'm curious to hear that comparison as well.

What happened to your D7K MLE?

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #398 of 2,116
Right driver blew, I think. On certain songs or certain passages, it distorts/crackles. Tried it with gaming as well. It does the same.

Apr 24, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #400 of 2,116

Quote:
Right driver blew, I think. On certain songs or certain passages, it distorts/crackles. Tried it with gaming as well. It does the same.

Perhaps this is what happens when you listen to beats by Dre w/o Beats by Dre?  

Apr 24, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #401 of 2,116

did you accidentally kill it, or did it spontaneously die without explicit abuse?

I used it the same way I used all my headphones. Freak accident, I'm sure.

Anaxilus...

Apr 24, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #402 of 2,116

did you accidentally kill it, or did it spontaneously die without explicit abuse?

I used it the same way I used all my headphones. Freak accident, I'm sure.

Anaxilus...

mai respuns :D

but ok :wink: ... Hopefully you can get a replacement, although clearly it'll take about a month if not more and $20-30 in shipping. :frowning2:

Apr 24, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #403 of 2,116
Yeah. It's a good thing my HE-4 arrived on the day I shipped the D7000. I would have been stuck to just my KSC75... not that it bothered me much. I was enjoying them ever since my D7000 messed up. But I'm enjoying the HE-4 that much more. :D

Apr 24, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #405 of 2,116
Hmm, so I ordered these on March 24th and now I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to get them before I move out of my apartment this coming Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back