REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Apr 1, 2011 at 8:30 AM Post #212 of 2,116
Just noticed this has been mentioned! Ooops. Ignore the following.

Look at the Fischer Audio Hyperion. That is exactly the same as the Turtle Beaches but without the mic! Now I am starting to think....are these the same shells only? Or do they share the same insides as well? You tell me. Because the Turtle Beach are around the same price I think?
Quote:
These look remarkably similiar to the Turtle Beach HPX headset.  A lot of the parts look the same.

Apr 1, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #214 of 2,116
The Fischer audio fellows explained this in an interview (it's in Russian though). A custom mould for headphone cups costs more than $10000 to prepare.

Which is why Creative, Senn, and AKG all reuse the same earphone shells, and Fischer uses the same shells as Turtle Beach. The internals ought to be different though, Fischer wasn't OEMing for anyone.

Apr 1, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #215 of 2,116
The Turtle Beach is a 4 driver surround sound headphone (the best on the market in my opinion, got mine for 35$ on ebay) so I very much doubt that they share anything besides a shell. The re-use of parts is whats helping keep the cost so low on these new phones!

Apr 1, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #216 of 2,116
Wow...if Fischer Audio were to put that microphone of the FA-011 it would make them the ultimate gaming headphone IMHO.

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #217 of 2,116
Actually most of the headphones and probably most of the Fischer Audio earphones are produced in China at the factory for Yoga Electronics Co. Ltd. (probably most of the headphones for Turtle Beach also). I'm sure the R & D is taken care of in the parent's company country, in the case with Fischer it would be in Russia. Then the specifications are given to the Chinese factory so the rebadged or rebranded headphones can be manufactured for that particular company. The Fischer FA-011 is the Yoga Electronics Model CD-440 without the wooden cups, Fischer says that the FA-011 is made in Russia but truth be known the final assembly with wooden cups is the only manufacturing probably done in Russia. Many of the Yoga Electronics headphone products have the same specifications as Fischer, but some do not. This type of manufacturing has been going on for years for companies headquartered in Europe, U.S. and Japan. The first time I heard of this was 25-30 ago for large Car Audio companies such as Clarion and Kenwood (actually made in the same factory at one time). Doesn't really matter if products are produced in China as long as SQ and QA is kept high for most consumers. Happy Listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back