REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Aug 18, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #946 of 2,116
Hey FA-011 owners,
does anyone know if the Xonar STX can drive them properly?

Aug 19, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #950 of 2,116

Quote:
I bet he could afford that, considering where he gets his music from.

lol 
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #951 of 2,116
Well I just finished processing my order with Dmitry at gd-audiobase for the FA-011. I just couldn't resist. 

I have a question for everyone. I currently have a Fiio E7/E9 amp and the Little Dot MKIV on route. I use my iPod or iPad or Macbook using mp3 320 bit to listen to my music. I am hoping that my LD MKIV will replace my Fiio E9/E7. 

Does anyone have any views on which DAC to use with my MacBook ? My shortlist is gd-audio NFB-3, Little Dot DAC_I or Musical Fidelity V-DAC.  I also have the FA-003s which I will use with these.

Aug 20, 2011 at 5:57 AM Post #953 of 2,116

Quote:
Gd-audiobase is such a good company. Already shipped
smily_headphones1.gif

Woah, that is faster then mine, and all this happened in the same day for you aye. You'd probably get a tracking number in a few days like I did. I think GD-Audiobases service has improved slightly compared to the last time I bought something from them.

Aug 20, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #955 of 2,116

Quote:
Well I just finished processing my order with Dmitry at gd-audiobase for the FA-011. I just couldn't resist. 

I have a question for everyone. I currently have a Fiio E7/E9 amp and the Little Dot MKIV on route. I use my iPod or iPad or Macbook using mp3 320 bit to listen to my music. I am hoping that my LD MKIV will replace my Fiio E9/E7. 

Does anyone have any views on which DAC to use with my MacBook ? My shortlist is gd-audio NFB-3, Little Dot DAC_I or Musical Fidelity V-DAC.  I also have the FA-003s which I will use with these.

Hi there,

I am thinking to order the F011+HA-02 bundle with GD-Audiobase as well. But will need a DAC if I want to use computer as source.  Base on what did you short listed those DAC's?  I have come across the Matrix Mini-I, anyone could compare it with the short list of gavinfabl's?

Cheers

Aug 20, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #956 of 2,116

Hi there,

I am thinking to order the F011+HA-02 bundle with GD-Audiobase as well. But will need a DAC if I want to use computer as source.  Base on what did you short listed those DAC's?  I have come across the Matrix Mini-I, anyone could compare it with the short list of gavinfabl's?

Cheers

Hours and hours of reading the posts on here and other sites. Plus looking at my wallet constraints. I also got the V-PSU for the V-DAC. The Little Dot DAC was on my shortlist because it would match my Little Dot Tube headphone amp and there were mainly good reviews. The V-DAC had outstanding reviews on here and everywhere plus it is reduced in price at the moment. I was going to buy the gd-audio NFB-3 but then I read about their shocking customer service. I didnt want that hassle so that was the single reason I didn't get it. I do believe it has an amazing sound though. I also got the V-DAC because a vast majority of people always said it was great for long listening periods.

I did consider over 20 options, maybe more. I am sure there are other great dacs out there. I also had to consider the fact that I am in the UK so postage and customs was a consideration. And not all dacs are available here or if they could be delivered if there was a problem it would be a lot easier to deal with a UK company. The Littoe Dot Tube amp should provide oodles of energy for both my FA-011 and FA-003.

Aug 22, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #957 of 2,116

Quote:

Hi there,

Cheers

Make no mistake. HA-02 is insanely neutral and natural amp. You need to have a very good DAC. I have bundled it with Xonar-STX.

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #958 of 2,116

Quote:
Make no mistake. HA-02 is insanely neutral and natural amp. You need to have a very good DAC. I have bundled it with Xonar-STX.

That sounds very promising... unfortunately i only have limited budget.  If i go for the HA-02 + FA-011, I will probably go for FiiO D3 for an interim solution.  I know this sounds ridiculous to pair up HA-02 + FA011 with the FiiO D3, but I think I'd better go for this budget DAC before I understand what sort of sound and quality I want to get from my next purchase for a better DAC... 

@matbhuvi: any detailed verdict for the HA-02? 

Anyone has any thought re FiiO D3?

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #959 of 2,116

Quote:
That sounds very promising... unfortunately i only have limited budget.  If i go for the HA-02 + FA-011, I will probably go for FiiO D3 for an interim solution.  I know this sounds ridiculous to pair up HA-02 + FA011 with the FiiO D3, but I think I'd better go for this budget DAC before I understand what sort of sound and quality I want to get from my next purchase for a better DAC... 

@matbhuvi: any detailed verdict for the HA-02? 

Anyone has any thought re FiiO D3?

I'm no big expert, but I'd invest the money on DAC before I invest it on an amp... get a cheap amp if you have to, but make sure you get a decent DAC.

Aug 23, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #960 of 2,116
But the FA-011 plus HA-02 bundle is sth not to be missed. Too tempting!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back