[Review] Dual dynamic driver: Radius HP-TWF11R inner earphone - pleasure pleasure little treasure
May 12, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #137 of 215
Perhaps due to my large ears but I never felt any discomfort wearing W's Pro (DDM). I use them both inside as well as outdoors. While outdoors, I attache the cable to my shirt with a clip so I do not get any noise even when I walk. I have not tried running with them yet.

I do not like the silicon ear tips that come with the DDM's. They do not isolate well the external noise as well as fit isn't great compared to Comply Foam (check the pics).

P.S Have any one hear a song called Dorset Perception by Shpongle? I am listening while typing. Oh the base is deep...and guitar is so real!

May 12, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #139 of 215
@yello131 Thank you for the great photo, it seems to fit to the shape of the ear better than I was able to visualize and looks far more comfortable than shigzeos photos led me to believe although that bling dog leg cable connection appears to be more about displaying the brand for all to see rather than optimal ergonomic design. I may just take the plunge.

May 12, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #141 of 215
Tadad1, You are welcome, I did my best.

Quote:
@yello131 Thank you for the great photo, it seems to fit to the shape of the ear better than I was able to visualize and looks far more comfortable than shigzeos photos led me to believe although that bling dog leg cable connection appears to be more about displaying the brand for all to see rather than optimal ergonomic design. I may just take the plunge.

May 12, 2010 at 6:59 AM Post #142 of 215
@yellow,thanks for the pics.I have all shpongle albums and Dorset perception is a favourite of mine.you can test how well an iem handles strings,drums and complex passages using this song.I hope I can sell my ie8 and um3x soon so that I can get custom iem.those radius however is so tempting.

May 12, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #143 of 215
May 23, 2010 at 7:16 AM Post #144 of 215
So based on my understanding these DDM have a similar sound signature to Shure SE530, Westone 3, but how do they compare to both of them? or maybe the more analytical sounding Westone um3x?

May 23, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #145 of 215

Quote:
So based on my understanding these DDM have a similar sound signature to Shure SE530, Westone 3, but how do they compare to both of them? or maybe the more analytical sounding Westone um3x?

"More analytical sounding RE0/ER4P/e-Q7" you mean. The 3X is very detailed but I wouldn't call it analytical. Don't get me wrong it's very detailed and up there with the best in terms of detail, imaging, speed, and many more, but when I hear articulate I think of a detail oriented IEM with an emphasis in the treble region. The 3Xs have a slightly laid back (although crystal clear) treble and a powerful midrange/bass. 

May 23, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #146 of 215
Then based on that the e-Q7 is not analytical either.

Has anyone within the US ordered from accessoryjack before? I'm just wondering how long it would take to the US but maybe a better question for them than here.

May 23, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #147 of 215

Quote:

Has anyone within the US ordered from accessoryjack before? I'm just wondering how long it would take to the US but maybe a better question for them than here.

My general ummm criteria? being that the treble is slightly recessed compared to the rest of the spectrum. The UM3X is slightly neutral with an emphasis in the mids and very slight in the bass from what I can tell. For me, analytical phones have either an emphasized treble response or are VERY detailed/airy in their presentation. 

May 24, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #148 of 215

Quote:

Rawrster,
Not sure about Jackaccesory, but I ordered mine from Japanese ebay dealer and came in 4 days. But I heard in the US, ALO Audio ships this even faster.
Hope this helps

May 24, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #149 of 215

Quote:
 Don't get me wrong it's very detailed and up there with the best in terms of detail, imaging, speed, and many more, but when I hear articulate I think of a detail oriented IEM with an emphasis in the treble region. The 3Xs have a slightly laid back (although crystal clear) treble

i guess we agree to disagree because this is not um3x.i dont remember reading anyone who owns the um3x saying that it has crystal clear treble,in fact its highs and treble are its biggest weaknesses.
Again i will say this um3x is NOT detailed.for me what i would call analytical/brutally detailed is ck10.
what iems did you have before um3x?you are just passing wrong description of it.

May 24, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #150 of 215

Quote:
i guess we agree to disagree because this is not um3x.i dont remember reading anyone who owns the um3x saying that it has crystal clear treble,in fact its highs and treble are its biggest weaknesses.
Again i will say this um3x is NOT detailed.for me what i would call analytical/brutally detailed is ck10.
what iems did you have before um3x?you are just passing wrong description of it.

LOL ^^

I think ER4 is the king in this regard, though I am yet to try them.

Perhaps @YoungSpade is using some different tips, or perhaps EQing? That you guys are not hearing the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back