[Review] Dual dynamic driver: Radius HP-TWF11R inner earphone - pleasure pleasure little treasure
May 24, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #151 of 215
I tried every tip with it and all with the same results:warm,forward sound. Overall,it is the most iem I hated and certainly not worth $300 used.ck10 would appear as a steal in the $180-200 region if compared with um3x.

May 24, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #153 of 215

Quote:
Then based on that the e-Q7 is not analytical either.

Has anyone within the US ordered from accessoryjack before? I'm just wondering how long it would take to the US but maybe a better question for them than here.

I've ordered AT ck90Pro's through accessoryjack before, and the purchase went perfectly. Now I have the Radius on order with them too. It's been shipped, and they have sent me tracking info. Very good CS in my opinion. 

May 31, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #154 of 215
AccessoryJack has been phenominal for the 2 orders I have placed with them as well. I am on the cusp of ordering a pair of these and if I do it will be with them again.

May 31, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #155 of 215
Yeah, AccessoryJack was great with this order too. I've been enjoying them for several days now. They're a tremendous bargain in sound quality at their price. I find they handily displace the IE8's, even though they're a similar sound signature, and are pretty close to the FX700's in detail/soundstage. They don't isolate very well at all, but they are so smooth and relaxed sounding, so that if you liked the IE8's, these will please in a more complete way, no doubt. I say go for them at the price on AJ.

Jun 1, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #156 of 215

Quote:
Yeah, AccessoryJack was great with this order too. I've been enjoying them for several days now. They're a tremendous bargain in sound quality at their price. I find they handily displace the IE8's, even though they're a similar sound signature, and are pretty close to the FX700's in detail/soundstage. They don't isolate very well at all, but they are so smooth and relaxed sounding, so that if you liked the IE8's, these will please in a more complete way, no doubt. I say go for them at the price on AJ.

Hey Chris buddy, glad to see you're enjoying the DDM. So you think the sound sig is close to the IE8. You don't think the DDMs have its own unique sound sig? Regardless, it is a great value for the price. What do you think specifically about what the DDM does for guitars and strings?

Jun 1, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #157 of 215

Quote:
Hey Chris buddy, glad to see you're enjoying the DDM. So you think the sound sig is close to the IE8. You don't think the DDMs have its own unique sound sig? Regardless, it is a great value for the price. What do you think specifically about what the DDM does for guitars and strings?

Yeah, I am enjoying them immensely, because I prefer that laid back sound signature. I do find them similar to the IE8's, but they also are a touch cooler than them. I'd say they fall about halfway between the IE8's and FX700's in terms of coolness/detail/smoothness. Sort of a mash up of the two. I'm still stunned that a $150 phone is superior to the $400+ IE8's (at orig. retail). It just shows how much the dynamic field is progressing, and how the IE8's are getting a bit long in the tooth compared to the competition. 

I really like the mids on the DDM's. Guitars are very powerful, and strings are wonderful. I find it hard to describe the mids though, because they seem to occupy more of the overall sonic picture than any of my other phones, even the MD's. It's as if you have an X-Y linear axis, and the mids on the DDM's stretch a good deal wider for a bigger percentage of that space, than the other phones. But the upper and lower end detail is all there too. I've not heard anything like it yet. 

Jun 1, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #159 of 215
iponderous-
I'd say so more than any other characteristic, but the other frequency extremes are still quite nicely done as well. It's really hard to figure out how to give proper descriptions. Another thing that contributes to the mid-centric feeling is that the soundstage (as best as you can get in an IEM) is quite tall, more so than any other earphone I have. Yet it's not quite as wide as the FX700. 

Jun 1, 2010 at 10:33 AM Post #161 of 215
The same old queries as usual I'm afraid cn11.  How does the Radius DDM's detail retrieval, clarity, instrument separation, treble extension and bass presentation compare to the IE8?

Jun 1, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #162 of 215
I didn't like it either midoo.  The most underwhelming earphone I've heard to date.  

Quote:
I tried every tip with it and all with the same results:warm,forward sound. Overall,it is the most iem I hated and certainly not worth $300 used.ck10 would appear as a steal in the $180-200 region if compared with um3x.

Jun 1, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #163 of 215
^ High five there
When i first listened to my friend's um3x, i seriously thought they were fake or something.

After borrowing it for a while, still not exactly impressed. Great mids but the anemic treble takes away too much air and perceived soundstage for my taste. Foam tips make them even duller

Jun 1, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #164 of 215

Quote:
Yeah, I am enjoying them immensely, because I prefer that laid back sound signature. I do find them similar to the IE8's, but they also are a touch cooler than them. I'd say they fall about halfway between the IE8's and FX700's in terms of coolness/detail/smoothness. Sort of a mash up of the two. I'm still stunned that a $150 phone is superior to the $400+ IE8's (at orig. retail). It just shows how much the dynamic field is progressing, and how the IE8's are getting a bit long in the tooth compared to the competition. 

I really like the mids on the DDM's. Guitars are very powerful, and strings are wonderful. I find it hard to describe the mids though, because they seem to occupy more of the overall sonic picture than any of my other phones, even the MD's. It's as if you have an X-Y linear axis, and the mids on the DDM's stretch a good deal wider for a bigger percentage of that space, than the other phones. But the upper and lower end detail is all there too. I've not heard anything like it yet. 

Well Chris buddy, I'm not surprised that the DDM finally opened up for you the way that they have,  and I am glad that you are enjoying them. Extraordinary sound and value for the price I believe.  I think I will finally venture into seeing about getting the SM3. It may mean selling my Miles Davis and Orto, which I don't really want to do, but we will see. At the same time, I am content and I am in no rush to add another iem. 

I guess when I think about it I could see how you can compare the DDM somewhat to the IE8 with certain characteristics. For me, its more closer to the  FX700 than if anything. It's definitely not veiled. I wish James444 was around because I think he would be quite impressed with these odd looking earphones. It's because of the guitars and strings that my FX700 has gotten little time in the last three weeks. The 3D imagery is incredible!! What tips did you settle on? What a rare beast of an IEM.

Jun 1, 2010 at 11:14 AM Post #165 of 215

Quote:
Hey cn11 can you compare victor fx500 and DDM? which has better overalll sound quality?

Well I don't own the FX500 anymore, so I'm a bit hesitant to offer any in depth thoughts on that comparison. Everything is based on my memory of them. But I think they had better detail and separation than the DDM's. Their treble was a lot more biting though. Too much for my ears. So, from my memory of them, I would say I prefer the DDM's laid back sound. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back