Review: Denon D2000
Jul 14, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #182 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be honest, I've never heard a sibilant tendency in the D2000; quite the contrary, the Denon's highs are smooth and detailed, even liquidy--especially with the Bada PH-12 and the right tubes. With ill-matched tubes, the D2000 can accentuate sibilance, but 99% of the time it's sibilance already inherent in the recording/source, IMHE. : )

I've not noted any sibilance with them either, but I wouldn't necessarily call the highs "liquidy", although tube amps will definitely sound different than my SS MKV. I'd classify the highs as bright yet clean, very detailed, not harsh or grainy...but again, different amp, so YMMV.

Jul 14, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #183 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered the D5000 from Provanatage. Hopefully, they'll be here in a few weeks. : )

Do they give you any general indication of when it'll ship? And did they charge your credit card immediately or do they wait till it's shipped? Their prices seems too good to be true.. So tempting..

Jul 14, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #184 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've not noted any sibilance with them either, but I wouldn't necessarily call the highs "liquidy", although tube amps will definitely sound different than my SS MKV. I'd classify the highs as bright yet clean, very detailed, not harsh or grainy...but again, different amp, so YMMV.

Golden,
Should have specified that the highs can be liquidy with the right tubes/right (tube) amp. With the Bada, the D2000 can sound that way; with the Darkvoice, less so.
PAB

Jul 14, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #185 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvessel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do they give you any general indication of when it'll ship? And did they charge your credit card immediately or do they wait till it's shipped? Their prices seems too good to be true.. So tempting..

Right now the status is confirming availability in a nearby warehouse. I tried the 800 number but the line was busy. : )

Here's a patch from my status sheet (copied poorly):
ITEMS YET TO SHIP
AH-D5000 Reference Audio Over-Ear Headphones
- 1 item awaiting confirmation by regional warehouse.
- Manufacturer's Warranty
Your order has been placed with one of our suppliers who will ship it directly to you.

Note: Your order has been forwarded to a regional warehouse for processing. We will issue an invoice once we have confirmation.

Subtotal: 419.99
Shipping: 5.45
Total: $425.44

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #186 of 232
What the heck is going on at Provantage... They just dropped the price on th D2000 & D5000, even tho they don't have any in stock?

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #188 of 232
Well, thanks for that pataburd. I'll wait until you or anyone else gets their delivery. I don't need the potential hassle and I don't mind paying full price as long as it's worth it. But eh.. it's still tempting.

It's already under $400 with shipping to NJ. That's with the two days delivery.

Also, it would be strange for only one outlet to drop their price to clear out inventory (which they don't have) for the D7000, don't you think? Well, I wish you luck. I'll wait this one out.

Jul 23, 2008 at 2:34 PM Post #190 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadfolk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, am I going mad?

PROVANTAGE SuperStore: Buy GPS Computers Electronics Software More, right? Search for Denon returns 0 results.

Have they pulled them? Am I looking at the wrong site?

Nope that's the correct site. We posted the very same thing in the D5000 threads. Provantage pulled all Denon products for an unknown reason.

Aug 3, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #191 of 232
With the Zero DAC > Little Dot II+ my D2000s sound so good because the Little Dot II+ expanded the soundstage and now the music sounds "three dimensional". I like how the Vocals are so clear with the D2000s (and not so laid back like my HD650s).

Aug 3, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #192 of 232
These d2000's intrigue me.

How's the isolation on these things? Is it at least more than an open headphone?

Also, how detailed are they?

Aug 3, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #193 of 232
The isolation is ok, but they sound more like an open headphone than a closed one. They let sound in, a little sound out.

Detail and clarity, are a couple of the D2000's many strong points.

Aug 3, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #194 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by richierich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The isolation is ok, but they sound more like an open headphone than a closed one. They let sound in, a little sound out.

Detail and clarity, are a couple of the D2000's many strong points.

Are they as detailed as the Etymotic ER6i's? I love the detail on those things.

Anyone heard both?

Sep 26, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #195 of 232
Hello Denon D2000! I will soon join your club. My D200 are in the mail coming my way
smily_headphones1.gif
In the meanwhile, I am looking for a headphone amp. I am torn between my affection for heavy metal music (death, black, heavy, hard, thrash, etc.) and my desire to find out what's all this fuss about tube sound is about (I've never heard tubes). However, I heard that tube amps are, in general, contraindicated for such music. Is there any compromise? Should I buy a hybrid such as LD I+ ? Is there anybody who listens to heavy music with Denon D2000 and a tube/hybrid amp? I would like to hear impressions of these people... Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back