Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment
Mar 9, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #316 of 416
List, what list? .:wink:

Mar 9, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #317 of 416
Here you go dude...

Decware’s Amplifier Real Time Build Sheet

The original link lies in the contact page on Decware’s site (in the « helpful links » section) : http://www.decware.com/newsite/contacts.html

And regarding production, I’ve noticed it goes in stop and restart kind of rhythm (when they have events that they are going to attend, and what not - the production stalls a bit and picks up afterwards).

My advice is to not think about it. Go on with your life. And one day you will have a nice surprise!:¬)

Mar 9, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #318 of 416
Just don't check it daily or you will think you are moving down the list and it gets longer every time you look!

Mar 10, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #319 of 416
I love my taboo and the new model looks pretty incredible.  Too bad haha :) maybe in a year or 2, but it's unlikely.  I think if I wanted another amp for headphones I might go with the DNA stratus for that price point.  Needless to say, my taboo is a real piece of work and it won't be going away, probably ever I'd guess.  I love using my speakers though with the taboo and I mainly use (~$200)speakers at the moment for my music listening, even though they don't really match my he-500 in range or detail, they still have great clarity thanks to the taboo.  Would be nice to get a good pair of desktop speakers but yeah.  Not really looking to put more cash into audio gear atm :p

Mar 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #320 of 416
Geez they arent even done with last years orders...

Your right I should just forget about it for a while.
It would be alot easier if I didn't get on this evil website everyday and be reminded of it!

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #322 of 416
^ tried it. Didn't keep using the combination. Don't recall specific impressions. I'll give it another shot in the next few hours and get back to you.

Update: Spent a few minutes with a range of tracks. Not bad actually. Lively and dynamic. Good bass definition, lots of punch. Definitely the 2nd-best I've heard (1st place goes to CSP2+).

Bright and a touch sibilant, but easily explained by the fact I've tuned my Taboo for the darker LCD2. I imagine with the right tubes...

IIRC somewhere in the first 5 pages of this thread someone preferred the T1 with Taboo over CSP2.

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #324 of 416
Quote:
^ tried it. Didn't keep using the combination. Don't recall specific impressions. I'll give it another shot in the next few hours and get back to you.

Update: Spent a few minutes with a range of tracks. Not bad actually. Lively and dynamic. Good bass definition, lots of punch. Definitely the 2nd-best I've heard (1st place goes to CSP2+).

Bright and a touch sibilant, but easily explained by the fact I've tuned my Taboo for the darker LCD2. I imagine with the right tubes...

IIRC somewhere in the first 5 pages of this thread someone preferred the T1 with Taboo over CSP2.

Fang when he was at my home a couple years ago loved the taboo with the T1 over the csp2. i always preferred the csp2 with the T1 when I had it but both worked well

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #325 of 416
Welcome to the waiting club MW! All good things take time to build. I try not to look, but it seems I haven't made it one day yet without looking at that list yet. Oh well.

I am really excited about the prospects of this amp based on past feedback and knowing the great lengths that Steve went to to improve it and gear it specifically for headphones. I am looking at it as a LCD 2 amp with the ability to drive some efficient speakers. Will probably get the MG944 or ERR Decware speakers to go with the amp.

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #326 of 416
Quote:
I am really excited about the prospects of this amp based on past feedback and knowing the great lengths that Steve went to to improve it and gear it specifically for headphones. I am looking at it as a LCD 2 amp with the ability to drive some efficient speakers. Will probably get the MG944 or ERR Decware speakers to go with the amp.

You may want to jump quick...Steve said the 944's days are numbered....

Mar 11, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #327 of 416
Maybe he has something better on the horizon???? I really don't see myself swinging more than $2000 for speakers, but I never have been very good at keeping to a budget. Did you get a chance to hear the MG's with a Taboo???

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #328 of 416
I'm just glad im on the list....very bottom of page 4!

That's what I am looking forward to most, is hearing how the LCD-2s will sound.
I don't have an amp to properly drive them so I haven't heard them at their best yet.

At some point between now in then I would like to get some aftermarket cables so I will have that to keep me busy in the mean time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back