Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment
Mar 9, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #302 of 416
The Taboo MK III, unlike previous Taboo versions, is designed to be a Headphone amp with a specific focus toward the LCD-2's. It will not need the WA2 for a pre-amp, though you could do that and perhaps get a bit more fullness or substance to your sound.

Here are the designer notes on the new Taboo MK III:

http://www.decware.com/newsite/TABOO.htm

It really drove the LCD-2.2's well in both Single ended and balanced when I listened to them last Wednesday at Decware.

Mar 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #304 of 416
longbow is right about the "fullness or substance". Although I think I prefer the Taboo solo, a high quality preamp (in my case the CSP2+) brought more weight (i.e. lower mids in particular).

Frank I and others noted greater dynamics. This, however, may not apply to the new Mk III.

Mar 9, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #305 of 416
Do they still not bill you till your order is complete?

I would like to place my order but need to put money in my PayPal account first.

I read about your visit longbow, really good read I am very jealous!

Mar 9, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #308 of 416
^ really? Change of policy since late 2011/early 2012 then, when I was only charged on it being shipped...

Mar 9, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #309 of 416
I was looking at decwares PayPal terms and it said they charged immediately. I was in the movie theatre when I looked that up though so maybe it is different with credit card. I'll look more throughly when I get home.

Mar 9, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #310 of 416
Quote:
I was looking at decwares PayPal terms and it said they charged immediately. I was in the movie theatre when I looked that up though so maybe it is different with credit card. I'll look more throughly when I get home.

Use a credit card direct not paypal and they chargee when ots being shipped. 

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #312 of 416
Quote:

Well I just placed my order! Not sure when to expect it, I assume I will get more info Monday.

It's going to be a long 8-12 weeks that's for sure. 

Welcome to THE LIST.  I've been watching nearly daily since 16-Feb and it appears their average is five units delivered per 5-day business week.

Rough estimate:  # of open orders above = # of business days wait before shipped.

At least that's what I'm telling myself...

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #314 of 416
IIRC they send you an email with a link you can use anytime. Don't have it to hand sorry but I think it's been mentioned either in this or the Decware appreciation thread (use Search this thread).

Beware - like Sarah told Eric, if you overuse the link it slows down production of your amp!

Mar 9, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #315 of 416
Quote:
IIRC they send you an email with a link you can use anytime. Don't have it to hand sorry but I think it's been mentioned either in this or the Decware appreciation thread (use Search this thread).

Beware - like Sarah told Eric, if you overuse the link it slows down production of your amp!

ROFL! This is true!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back