Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment
Jan 3, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #286 of 416
Jan 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #287 of 416
The 596 is a wonderful tube.  I will be spending time to find the right power and pre-amp tubes to go with it.

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #288 of 416
Congrats to Frank I for being mentioned as one of the inspiration's for the new Taboo Mk III on Deware's site:

Quoting Steve Deckert "The Zen Taboo has become a popular topic of conversation among head-fi users all over the world... and this was from an amp designed for loudspeakers with the headphone jack as an afterthought!  

[size=larger][size=larger]In fact if not for Head-Fi's Frank J Iacone's request for a headphone jack on his Taboo, Head-Fi members may have never discovered the Taboo's potential with Planar Headphones!"[/size][/size]

[size=larger][size=larger]Nicely done Frank![/size][/size]

beerchug.gif

http://www.decware.com/newsite/TABOO.htm

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #289 of 416
Quote:
Congrats to Frank I for being mentioned as one of the inspiration's for the new Taboo Mk III on Deware's site:

Quoting Steve Deckert "The Zen Taboo has become a popular topic of conversation among head-fi users all over the world... and this was from an amp designed for loudspeakers with the headphone jack as an afterthought!  

[size=larger][size=larger]In fact if not for Head-Fi's Frank J Iacone's request for a headphone jack on his Taboo, Head-Fi members may have never discovered the Taboo's potential with Planar Headphones!"[/size][/size]

[size=larger][size=larger]Nicely done Frank![/size][/size]

beerchug.gif

http://www.decware.com/newsite/TABOO.htm

Thansk That was very nice of Steve to mention me and I was glad I picked a winner

Feb 14, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #290 of 416
+1. As well Frank, it was your review of Taboo that alerted me to both it and Decware.

What Taboo and now CSP2 has done is realize the potential of my LCD 2 rev 1 to an exceptional degree and help me rediscover my music. Obviously, the same goes for many other head-fiers.

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #293 of 416
OK...The wait begins.....

Taboo MK III on order.....
biggrin.gif

Maple base, Gold volume know, currently going with 2-4 Pin XLR's in front...That could change before parts are pulled. Any opinions on this are appreciated!

I am interested in how it matches up with my CSP2+ and how it should sound with the HD800's and HD650's....I know it will be a killer with Planers.

Let the new wait begin!

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #295 of 416
Mar 8, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #296 of 416
OK..Decware visit high lights....

http://www.head-fi.org/t/654644/a-visit-to-decware

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #297 of 416
The taboo is a really amazing amp,  it really hits those lower registers hard while retaining clarity throughout.  I don't think anyone will be disappointed with it (I own an MK2) in its stock form.

Oddly enough I used it alot with my 770 pro/80 as its hard to use open air headphones in such a noisy apartment and the difference between a warmish neutral/sterile output and the taboo is huge.  The thump, the kick just really comes to life compared to any other amp I paired those specific headphones to (they have been with me since the beginning, even if I sold them once before I repurchased them again!)

Obv it paired well with my LCD-2, there are millions of accounts for that.

Unfortunately, due to situations in my own life I may have to part with mines but the time I spent with my taboo, and when I am rich in the future the Taboo MK-X will never be forgotten!

Mar 9, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #298 of 416
+1. Taboo does clarity amazingly well, across the spectrum. Which I think is because of a high level of resolution and dynamic contrast.

Sorry to hear you and taboo may part ninji. As you say, when you are rich...

Mar 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #300 of 416

Users who are viewing this thread

Back